Old 12-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #174 Bale of Turtles Ringing in 2007

We are the Turtles Group here at www.3fatchicks.com.
We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Guys,
Check out our site for #173 because Bandit wrote a great post.
Having a good time with family and will chime in again tomorrow.
Judy
Old 12-28-2006, 11:42 PM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Checkin in so I don't lose you gals again. I'll write more tomorrow.

christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - very quiet around here.

I went to ww yesterday morning and over the last 2 weeks was up .8#
I expected to be up & I was. Could have been alot worse. There were a few members who were up over 4# & our leader said some people gain between 7 & 10 from Thanksgiving to New Years.

Anyway, I went to gym after my mtg & stayed on track all day. So, felt good about that.

How is everyone else doing?
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

Morning ((yawn))....

Just kind of laying low for a couple of days. I have a nerve or something pinched in my back so it hurts to sit for any length of time. Bandit, I'll have to agree with you, it is really quiet around here.

Well over the holidays I managed to lose 1.5 lbs. And that is even with TOM bearing down on me and due to start anytime. That makes me feel better. New Year's will be a breeze. I can't drink at all with the medications I'm on so there won't be any extra calories from drinking. I'm really really going to put more effort into weight loss this year. Last year I was lucky to even be putting in 50% on most days. This is my year and I am going to own it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I'll be checking back later today (I hope). I have so much to do. I have to start getting my paperwork in line for tax time ((yuck))

Christina
Old 12-30-2006, 12:46 PM   #6  

Christina - that is fabulous losing over the holidays. Good for you! Not good about your back - hoping it feels better real soon.

So, keep up the good work & have a Happy New Year.

I went for a walk to mall which took 1/2 hour then had breakfast over there & walked around then back home. So, at least 1 hour of walking today. So feel good for doing that.

Lets make 2007 a "fabulous turtle year"

Hang in there.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:15 PM   #7  
Focus on the Process

Bandit, if I didn't have kids or if they were all old enough to stay home alone, I would be walking all over the place. Walking is something I actually enjoy but never seem to get the time to do.

So were there any good sales at the mall???? I use my sister for sales tips. She works in Dillard's so she lets me know when they have really good clearance sales.

Yesterday we went to Lowe's to pick out paint for our bedroom, and came home with a huge floor sander and enough sand paper to kill somebody. Hubby did it to me again. Started yet another project at the spurt of the moment. Now he's working on redoing our hardwood floors in the upstairs. Kind of aggrevating in a way because we have so many other projects he started out so gung ho on and then the enthusiasm faded fast and they still sit undone. Serious pet peeve of mine. This will get done immediately or I'll be hurting someone. All the furniture is outside under the carport and I have a tv, knick knacks and other misc. crap in the kitchen. I can't live like that for long. Not to mention we have to keep the dogs and cats out of the living room. That'll be fun...

Christina
Old 12-31-2006, 04:44 PM   #8  
Chick

I am so impressed with Bandit's teeny tiny gain and all her walking! And I am very impressed with Chrily's weight loss. I'm afraid I'm not doing well. We've had overnight guests with us since Christmas Eve. I feel I could do well for a day or two, but constant food temptations are taking a toll. Well, I better stop complaining and start doing something about it.
Judy
Good luck to us all! And perhaps I better remember to take care of myself!
Old 12-31-2006, 07:04 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Judy, you're such a stronger person, I'm sure you'll be right back on the wagon after this holiday season. I'm hoping and praying I can stick with it this time. Sometimes I feel like my weight is holding me back on so many things. Hubby denies it, but I feel a lot less desireable to him being this way. Not much of a relationship either way.

Well still working on the stupid floor. I'm not too happy about it. We have 3 coats of polyeurathane to put on it. YOu have to sand between each coat and then you can't put anything on it for 72 hours. SO much for a quick simple job. Drives me nuts.

Oh well...Happy New Year and see you all next year!!!!

Christina
Old 01-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #10  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi, Turtles!

Greetings from choosie (Beth Ann)!

I'm back...I came looking for the turtles this autumn and couldn't find you, so wandered over to the Biggest Loser threads, and I started posting there. Now...I'm wondering why I couldn't lay my fat little fingers on you earlier, and why I didn't think of searching on your names (which is what I did today).

Anyway, I'll check in to say hello periodically, if you don't mind? I've had a good exercise year, and am starting the year about 8 pounds less than last year (this is the first time in forever I've done that), so I'm looking forward to matching my moving and my eating plans for ultimate success.

Hugs all around, you bunch of cute turtles, you!

choosewell.
choosewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:18 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Hey all...just checkin in. Have an emergency "my daughter needs to get online" time. LOL. The Winx club is more important than mom time. Oh well...the life of a mother.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy new year all!

Hi all,

Well I have been down with a cold since Tuesday so I did not truly enjoy my time off from work over the holidays but it was a blessing since I did not have to go to work while I was sick. Back to work today but still not feeling great. I know I am up... at least 3 lbs by my scale but I was too sick to go to W/I on Saturday morning so I don't know for sure how bad it is. I just did not eat like I normally do when I am 1) on a normal schedule and 2) feeling well.

I am back on track today though and will go and try to walk a bit on the treadmill after work today but I am still not feeling 100% so it may just be a short stroll but it is better then nothing.

I have to catch up on all of the posts and will get around to that in a bit.

Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #13  
Focus on the Process

Susan, sorry to hear you had a case of the ickies for the last week. Well hopefully you'll feel 100% soon.

I'm starting my new year off on a positive note. I have been watching my eating and that shoul start getting me back on track. I'll work on that for a while and try to exercise when I can. I'm not going to try to tackle it all at once...I think that would be a recipe for failure for me.

Well checkin all my emails then back to watching Spiderman 2 with the kids. My daughter has an obsession with this movie. Kayla and Tiana are back in school today so I just have my littlest with me and watching my 2 nephews....

Christina
Old 01-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #14  

Hi turtles - hope everyone is back on track & getting in some extra water.

Back at work & so far on track today. Have my gym session with trainer tonight, so hopefully can keep up & learn more about the machines.

Stay focussed & hope Princess is feeling better.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all:

Bandit: I am feeling a bit better today. Your advise is good and that is what I am doing, getting back on track, drinking lots of water and starting to work out.

Chris: Sounds like you are enjoying your time off from school! Great job getting back on track and setting your own expectations.

Judy: How are you doing? How were your holidays?

Ariana: How are you doing? Are you back into the swing of things yet?

All: Well I was just falling asleep last night when the phone rang and it was my youngest son... his car has broke down and he was stranded in a not so great part of the city so DH and I headed out and helped him get the car home... I know we bought him a used car and we should expect problems but we have had a lot of problems with this car already and I know it is disappointing for him. But standing out in the cold at midnight did not make me a happy camper being sick and all so I am sure that I could have handled the situtation better then I did... Oh well... no one ever said that being a parent was supposed to be easy or fun all the time... right?

I need to get back to work but will check back soon!
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote