Old 12-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #1  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default Slimmin SAHMmies January 2007!!!!

Started a new thread because they other one was way too long.

We are a very small group of gals trying our hardest to lose weight while still raising our kids and loving our families. Feel free to introduce yourself and join in....
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #2  
Focus on the Process

Hey Ellen!

Happy New Year! Well the first day of the new year and my nose is full of polyeurathane fumes. Oh my! Well we went to my middle daughter's friends house last night for her little brother's b-day and stayed there until after midnight. It was fun actually. I had my worries beforehand, but it was actually nice to talk to adult peoples while the kids had their fun.

Hopefully this year will be better for me and Kelly. Sometimes I get those nagging doubts that I'm not who he wants. How in the world do you get over that????? I know my self-consciousness is getting in the way of alot of things because I am soooo paranoid about my weight and my looks. Then I lay that on him a bit. I get this notion in my head that if I were just thinner, he'd love me more. We all know that's not the case. We've been together for 15 yrs now- 7 of it spent as friends, 8 married. He's seen me through alot of things and he's not the type to base everything and how much you love a person by how they look, but I just wish we could get this distance disease out of the way and have a normal relationship. I guess when you look at how everyone in society usually reacts to an overweight person, it has a way of creeping in on a personal relationship and...so it goes. Then on the otherside, he's stressed and I swear, we barely even look at each other. Now I'm probably getting wayyy too personal for ya. ((sorry))

Okay...back to doing nothing. We're locked in the basement away from the fun upstairs. Anyhoo, I've gone down from 216.5 to 212 now. I'm scared that I won't be able to do this. Today is day 1 of the new year and I'm using it as my start point for a few changes in my life. I should take pics and document things so I can see how far I go.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

christina
Old 01-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Chris~I know things are hard, but we have to tackle them. Stress is never very good for the relationship...you and Kelly need to get things out in the open and talk. I know I have a ton of issues, and God will bless Chris(DH) for putting up with me. I too am starting anew today, although we were at a party today, and I could have been better with the cookies, but I am going to move past it and keep heading in the right direction. I also spent the day with my brother, and did not bum any cigarettes off of him...that is my second resolution to be completely smoke free for 2007. I haven't bought my own pack in over a year, so I know I can give up the 1-3 a week that I get from him.

On a positive note...Chris and I made it to the gym 4 times last week, and I really feel good for going. YAY

I started my New year off in royal fashion-On the way to the party today we stopped at a sports store, and my ankle gave out, and I completely fell over. I am a little scrapped up, and my ankle is sore, but I should be fine. It did give me an excuse to buy a new ankle brace. :wink:

Gotta go~late nights are catching up to me.
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Hi Mommas! I was here...oooohhh....last March!! OY. It has been too long. Although I started 2007 off lighter than 2006, like I wanted... if I would have been consistant, I could have been near goal by now. Oh well, 2007 will be my year of completion. I have set a mini goal to be reached by 7/7/07. It is hard to do this for ourselves as SAHMs but we can do this!! Just to update my info.. I am a SAHM to 4 little ones ages 7,6, nearly 4 (this week), and a nursing todder, (17 months). My dh is disabled but works out of the home. (He has ruematoid and osteoarthrtis..is 39 and has had it since age 5; it definately affects the dynamics of the home and marriage). We homeschool and I sometimes attend births as a doula and I am deep in a distance midwifery study course right now. For the most part, I love my life. I just want to be healthy. I have lost the same 60-80 pounds 3 times! This time for good, (especially because my last baby was 11 pounds and I feel that although I wasn't GD, it had to be tied to my poor eating and lack of exercise). I would love to have another pregnancy where I am thin and healthy and strong. Heck, pregnancy aside, I just want to be thinner, healthy and strong. So...anyways, here I am. I hope that we all reach our goals this YEAR.
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #5  

Welcome back Snoopysgirl!

Ok Chris I am ready to start this morning, working up the courage to get on the scale to know my starting number. We are heading out to the Museum of Science and Industry for the day. My ankle is still sore, but walkable...I will have to wear the brace today tho. Ok off to brave the scale.

Later chicas!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #6  
Focus on the Process

Jenni-I remember you!!! Welcome back! Tell your husband I am a fellow rheumatoid sufferer.... I've had it for 7 almost 8 yrs now. Not as bad as some but definitely changed my life. I wish I could say that I am starting 2007 lighter than I started 2006, but that's not the case. This year I am going to get it done though. I lost a couple pounds over the holidays so that makes me feel better and a little more motivated to keep it up. Just wishing I didn't gain so much last year. Glad to see you back and doing so well. I'll be looking forward to hearing more from you.

Ellen-Hey woman! You twisted your ankle now? My ankle gives out on me from time to time since I sprained it a couple years ago chasing Nicole out of the street at my dad's house. That was my Mother's Day gift to myself that year....a trip to the doctor and a couple hundred dollars worth of x-rays. I talked to Kelly a bit last night and told him a little of what's going on with me. i kind of think taking Wellbutrin isn't good for me. I've had more mood swings while taking that. I don't know if its the med though or the amount of stress. God knows, I have plenty of that!

Well not doing to bad today. I'm reading my SB diet book and skimming through an Adkins book to see what I can do for me. I did WW and SB before and lost the most on SB. I also did a program through the hospital last year but that didn't work at all. I think they were more interested in treating their gastric bypass patients rather than the ones, like me, who don't qualify for that. I suppose they make more money off the surgery patients than the regular ones.

I'm stuck babysitting until 2 this afternoon then its back to the running. Kayla from school, Tiana from school, to the store, take Tiana to dance, get dinner going, pick Tiana up from dance. The usual. Classes for me start back up on the 17th. So I have a bit more of a break.

Check back later.

christina
Old 01-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #7  

Well, it is after the lunch rush here so I have some time to check in. Dh took our son to a special train preschool club at the Children's Museum. I took the 3 girls to the Y and they played in the Child care for 2 hours while I did my new routine in the techno gym..then it was off to Zumba! class for me. (The Y just started offering Zumba..go to www.zumba.com for more info on what Zumba is). I have to say.. the class is so fun because it is mostly SAHM's like me who are just doing their best to lose a few pounds..with varying degrees of coordination, LOL. The technogym is neat.. it records your heart rate and other details like weight lifted, etc. and tracks your progress. I am hoping that it helps me reach my goal by keeping me accountable. Today was fun because one of the dads of the client who had a waterbaby was working so I was able to catch up with him while pumping iron, LOL. I was a bit embarrassed by my lack of weight lifting skill, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere...and the best part of starting on the bottom is that there is soooo much room to see progress.

Now that lunch is over, I have to put the baby down to nap and then I will shower. Hopefully the other children will play somewhat quietly so she will sleep..and then off to the library to sign up for the winter reading program. (and also return some over due library books! )

Christina-- I hope that the running around doesn't fatigue you too much. I know with the RA, the little things add up quickly. When you are a mom, there are so many expectations of things that need done and sometimes it is just a LOT! Have fun going through the information on weight loss methods; I hope that whatever you choose is successful for you this year.

Ellen-- I hope that your ankle heals completely, soon. That sounds rough.

Have a great afternoon everyone.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

Jenni-I think doing everything in moderation is the hardest part for me. Seems like with RA there is a very very thin line between feeling fine and getting drop dead tired or hurting. I'm still figuring out where some of those points are. I know for sure that my wrists can't take a whole lot of pressure. Just carrying a foam mattress to our camp trailer this summer (with my husband on the other end) put my left wrist in a brace for the next few days. Its those simple things, the day to day stuff, that I have to watch. The funny part is that I can walk for quite a while before I feel the ache. Before I gained all this weight back, while I was working out at the gym, I very rarely had any flare ups or pains. I felt awesome. Now its like the opposite. I've even noticed recently that I can wake up in the morning just totally exhausted and then ready to pass out and take a nap by 10. Might be from stress too..... Techno gym sounds awesome. I've heard of Zomba classes too, but I've never really seen what they were like. I'll have to check out the website.

Well back to pogo.com. The kids are watching a movie and I'm bored. There isn't much to do at my sister's house and I'm stuck babysitting.

Christina.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #9  

Today is going to be busy. I am taking a friend/client and her two small children to her prenatel appointment. Her baby is breech and she is due soon, so she really needs the extra emotional support, and I don't mind taking her. However, that will be a few hours out of my day, so I am planning a crockpot dinner tonight since I will need to play catch up the rest of the day. I am also taking the two older girls (they are 7 and 6), to the YMCA late this afternoon for swimming while I do Hydrofit, so for a healthy dinner, crockpot it is! Dh has been asking for chili lately and we have everything for that, so I think that I will put that to start in the crockpot here shortly.

One lil thing that bugged me though.. why is it that some people think that just because you are a stay at home mom, you are able to do whatever you want or they need you to do?? My friend, who is also a stay at home mom, (so she should know better..but she is a young mom, so perhaps she hasn't figured it out yet), she said that she called me first to take her to her appointment because her other friend had company who left a few days ago and her kids are due back at school today, and she really is going to enjoy some peace and quiet. Okay.. so you instead call the mom of 4 who homeschools and who helps her disabled husband with their home business? She has never wanted a slice of slow down and smell the pie?? I will blame it on her preggo hormones or something.. but I really want to give people a piece of perspective at times. Oy. I should stop venting now..I noticed yesterday that I was quite irritable and I think AF will be here within the week. Like clockwork. I hate it but at the same time I am glad to expect it, so I know that anything that shows up on the scale despite my hard work, is due to her and hopefully will be gone when she leaves.

OH..and I didn't get dinner until after the kids were in bed last night and so I was not making good decisions..I should have stopped at the dinner I finally had..but went on to eat 2/3 of a bag of dark chocolate Milano cookies. I wasn't even hungry..even full after a few..but I kept going. I know it was the irritability and stress that pushed it along..but it wasn't a void that they could feel. I really need to plan ahead and set up more safeguards so that sort of stuff doesn't happen. Normally they would not have even been in the house, but dh brought them home on New Years eve as a suprise "treat" for me ..I think to make himself feel better about the few bags he bought for himself, LOL. Ah..he tries. If only he knew how much happier I will be once the skinny person inside escapes this fat suit I carry with me 24/7.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #10  

ladies...I did ok yesterday, but did get a small treat yesterday at the museum...old fashioned Ice cream, but I did only get one scoop. Then last night we had left over cookies from New years, and I had two of those. Been very irritable this morning, but trying to work through it. Trying to get the tree down,and laundry folded this AM. Dh and I will make it to the gym tonight after dinner...not what I would like, but too much running around with him on vacation.

Later chicas
Old 01-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Well yesterday didn't go too bad but Kelly called me today after his meeting at work. He is totally p.o'ed. Our plan was to just go a bit longer to save some money so that he could quit Sears and go out on his own but now his Tech Manager jumped on him and told him he has to work thurs again or else he's fired. They give him these days and take them back faster than you can blink. He jumped on Kelly for bad performance ratings and Kelly told hiim he better check again because his ratings were higher than anyone else ( and they are) and then Kelly told hiim was sick of following up on calls were the other techs didn't know what they were doing or ordered tons of parts that didn't need to be. The other tech mistakes go against the last tech who visits the customer. I guess it was quite the meeting. I would love to tell him to just walk away but he needs to get his stomach surgery done and we don't have any money saved towards our bills if he went totally out on his own. Don't know what to do.....

Well gotta find a phone number for my dh and call him back. Check back later.

Christina
Old 01-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #12  

Chris~ sorry I am posting so late, I did see your post but Dh took my attention, and I never got back to the comp. Sorry to hear that things are bad for kelly at work... I know how much stress that contributes to the relationship. ((hugs))

Will catch you again tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:17 AM   #13  
Focus on the Process

Hey ladies ....

Quick fly by for me. Just had to let you know that Kelly is having stomach surgery on Jan. 16th. It's a relieft to know that he is finally going to be getting it done.

Well to bed with me. I'm having some RA problems today and my joints hurt along with yet another cold I have managed to contract. Tis the season, right????

Night,

christina
Old 01-05-2007, 06:36 AM   #14  

Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday..I was just bummed. I didn't make the best choices food wise and I am just really tired.

I am glad that your dh can get his surgery now, hopefully he will experience healing soon.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Hay, I'm hoping this surgery really helps him out. He's had horrible acid reflux for a few years and the acid has caused some cellular changes in his esophagus and now he's precancerous. Esophogeal cancer is pretty much deadly. I've read up on it and the survival rate, even with treatment is 5%. There is still a big chance for that but the surgery will help alot in lowering those chances. I'm not ready to let go of him yet. I want him to be "all better."

Okay...I need to go find something for lunch. I just don't know what to eat. I feel just awful. I have a nasty cold AGAIN, my RA is acting way up and I ache, AND to top it all off, I have my TOM and major cramps and backpain. I got slammed with it all at one time. Ewww.....

Well gonna see what else is happening, throw a load of laundry in and finish packing away the Christmas stuff. Check back later.

Christina