South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:58 PM   #1  
Supermommy to Jojo

Height: 5'3

Default Newbie!!

Hi ladies!! I'm on my second day of the SBD, and looking for support and friends My name is Caryn, I'm 29 and live in S. Fla with my husband and 3 year old daughter. My weight has yo-yo'd all my adult life. I've been down to a size 6 and up to a size 12. At the very beginning of this year I was doing great and down to about 124 pounds...then I'm not sure what happened..but I'm up 15 pounds from that. I don't fit in any of my clothes and I'm just miserable. I've been on the SBD before, but really want to make it a way of life. I enjoy whole grains and I've already been staying away from sugar, but I'm on phase I of the diet to "jump start" things. Thanks for having me!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #2  

You have found a great place for support!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

pull up a towel and enjoy the friendships and support. These chicks are great.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:46 PM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

This is a great place for support! I'm not even a South Beacher anymore and I still keep coming here because the girls are so great! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Old 12-30-2006, 08:56 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Glad so see you here, Caryn - and it's not just because I need to suck up to Florida chicks!
Be sure to join us on the daily chat thread where we get to know each other better.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 154/150/135

Height: 5'6

Hey Caryn! Where do you live? I'm in Naples (SW FL). It's my first week on the beach and I'm already down 4 pounds!
Old 12-30-2006, 10:13 AM   #7  

Welcome! I used to live in Tampa but I just realized that I left almost 22 years ago. Now I feel old!

Oh, well, good luck. It might take you a little longer to lose since you don't have much to lose.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #8  
Supermommy to Jojo

Height: 5'3

Thank you guys for the welcome! I'm on the sixth day now and don't really miss the carbs. I've done this diet once before, and I've done Atkins, read both books, so I know the drill and all that. I really have no clue how the weight packed on over the year. I already stay away from sugar and white flour, although I guess I must have gone nuts a few times to gain that much weight back But as a general rule I usually eat whole grains, brown rice, wheat pasta, etc. Of course not since I'm back on Phase I of course. I also joined a gym two months ago and actually enjoy going (especially since getting an mp3 player) so I'm sure that will help too. More than anything I just want to be healthy and get some muscle tone!
Closed Thread