General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 06:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/150/125

Height: 5"2

Default need a new hair style!

Hello! I'm due for a hair cut. Any advice on what hair styles have a slimming effect? I have bangs and the rest of my hair is wavy and shoulder-length. My face is round.

thanks!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #2  

How old are you? How about something short and spike all around. I just cut mine short in June and have liked it so far. Try to find a picture, that really helps. I brought in a photo of Racquel Welch with a short haircut. There's a host on QVC that has a nice shorter hairdo also. Look at their bios, maybe you'll find something you like there...or maybe a news anchor or tv personality. Good luck, and be daring, I was and it paid off. In fact, I'm having it highlighted tomorrow night.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #3  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

wish I could help ya.. I'm in the same boat.. My hair is blonde and long, mid back with bangs, very boring.. I want a style but don't know what? I'm a young 43 and want something up to date...
Old 01-03-2007, 09:52 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

I'll give a vote for something short! My hair was halfway down my back, and while I thought it was very pretty, it was also very much work and kind of got in my way. I chopped it all off about a year ago and have been keeping in short, in an A-line style. I love it, easy to take care of and cute. Plus, for rounder faces (which i definitely have lol) a short cut that frames the face can be slimming.

I have had luck going to a somewhat nicer place and saying - Do whatever you want! I have had bad luck with it too though, so if you're not very adventurous it may not be a good idea.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

How bout something like this? Yes, that's me. I love short hair! It's so easy, and kinda funky.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 154/150/125

Height: 5"2

Lizziness and Josie 4, you have such cute cuts! Shorter hair feels and looks "tidier" so that's good. My hair is wavy so it always looks messy as it is now, maybe it's time to do a major chopping!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #7  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I just picked up a hair cuts magazine looking for a new style and there was an ad on the back page for a website called thehairstyler.com

You can browse the site and get some tips but the really neat thing about it is for $15 you can get a 3 month subscription, upload your picture or use a model and check out 5000 hairstyles with 52 colors. Of course you still have to be aware of your hair type - don't pick a full thick cut if your hair is baby fine and straight. But I thought it was interesting and I'm going to give it a try. With the price of haircuts today I thought that 15 dollars wasn't much of an investment and this way I can see how certain styles look with my face.

Applecake, just noticed that you are in Canada. They do take credit cards and probably would just the adjust the rate to 14.95US$
Closed Thread