Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-29-2006, 09:30 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Planning for Friday, Dec. 29

Yesterday, I did end up eating the whole 12" Subway sandwich, and I now know not to do that again. It tasted GREAT, but I was too full afterwards. Can't they maybe make me an 8-9" sub? I also had 2 pbj sandwiches and skipped the yogurt. I ended up at just about 1600 calories for the day. I also went for a walk at lunch, so I exercised for a total of 60 minutes. At my weigh-in at TOPS, I lost 4 pounds (in 2 weeks since I wasn't there last week) That makes me feel AWESOME to have lost over the holiday.

And so, I keep on planning, because it's obviously doing something good for me:
  • smoothie
  • yogurt
  • SmartOnes - lasagna florentine
  • pbj sandwich
  • Healthy Choice cheese pizza
The above only comes to about 1270 calories and 81g protein, so I may add an evening snack (homemade milkshake or hot chocolate or something).

I skipped my morning workout to trade for more sleep, so I'll probably go for a walk at lunch to get in my 30 minutes. Actually, maybe I'll go before lunch since I don't have much work today...
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #2  
Fat-be-gone

Jilly - WTG on your loss!!

Last nite's dinner was not the healthiest (colombian food...yum) and I didn't go to the gym. I know I am eating waaaay less than I used to but I still need to watch what it is that I put in my mouth. And I need to get my butt in gear at the gym. I have no excuse not to go....I've got the gym 2 minutes from my house, I've got my IPOD full of upbeat music......so what am I waiting for???

b - cereal, milk

s - apple

l - subway sandwhich (not sure which one yet), cup of soup

s - oreo thin crisps

d - I might eat out, but if not, chicken breast w/ marinara over pasta and broccoli

e - at least 30 min. at the gym
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:40 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Great job on your weigh-in, Jill!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:22 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

Thanks, guys!

Looks like my plan has already changed slightly. I left work early (but got in a 30-minute walk before I left!), so I think I'm going to crash on the couch for most of the afternoon, which leaves me less time for eating

I did have my yogurt already, and I just had a SmartOnes Chicken Carbonara meal (since I left the lasagna meal in the freezer at work), and I'll make fat-free hotdogs with bacon and cheese on wheat buns for dinner instead of the pizza. I always forget about hotdogs because they are in the freezer door, so I never notice them. They have a bit of sodium, so I figure I should have them now since next weigh-in is still a week away in case they make me retain some water

I still may have a treat after dinner, too, since even with 3 (yes, 3!) bacon cheese dogs, my calories for the day are still only 1325 (plus, depending on how lazy I am this afternoon, I also might not even eat my pbj sandwich--imagine being too lazy to eat...my, how my habits have changed! ).
Old 12-29-2006, 01:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I've been trying to get myself to the supermarket for the past 4 days, so I'm really running super low on food. I have 1 south beach diet frozen meal (260 cal), a bunch of protein bars (just had one), and my protein cocoa, plus things like rice, beans, frozen veggoes. I REALLY dont feel like eating the SBD meal or any of this other stuff right now and I am so tempted to order out (I'm in NYC and have about 15 menus to choose from). Only thing is every time I eat a restaurant meal I seem to gain weight by the next day, even if I tried to get something healthy (the only exception is the steamed chicken w/ mixed veggies from the Chinese place). Ugh! It just goes to show how easy it is to slip up if you haven't planned and don't have a bunch of healthy, but delicious, options to choose from. I'll definitely have to make it to the store today. But for now I'm starving and I'm still deciding between ordering out and forcing down that south beach diet meal (which usually I find really tasty but just not in the mood right now).
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #6  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami View Post
Only thing is every time I eat a restaurant meal I seem to gain weight by the next day, even if I tried to get something healthy (the only exception is the steamed chicken w/ mixed veggies from the Chinese place). Ugh! It just goes to show how easy it is to slip up if you haven't planned and don't have a bunch of healthy, but delicious, options to choose from.
Most prepared/restaurant food is super-high in sodium, which will make you retain water and will certainly show on the scale the next day. However, water weight usually only takes a day or 2 to get rid of--if you're within your calories, regardless of whether it is restaurant food or not--you won't gain actual FAT

My kitchen has been pretty bare, too. We usually go grocery shopping on weekends, but last weekend, we were not home (visiting family in Va Beach, then MD), and this coming weekend, we'll be visiting more family overnight, so who knows when a real shopping trip will actually get done If I'd been shopping, I wouldn't be relying on so many frozen diet meals--overly processed and chock full o' sodium (luckily, I hardly have any sodium in the rest of my diet, so I'm able to balance it out).