Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #1  
Indigo1

S/C/G: S:256/C:247/G:175

Height: 5'.8

Default Weight Gain After Gall Bladder removed

Hi All:

Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas and your New Year is looking bright as well. I've been away for a while, much too long I say! I had my gall bladder removed in July and have since gained a very depressing 22lbs. pushing me to my highest weight I've ever been.

Has anyone experienced the same? Is there any proof associated with the rumor that when you have your GB removed - you absorb fat much quicker?
Indigo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Are you sure that inactivity from recuperating from the surgery isn't contributing to your weight gain? I had my gallbladder out 4 years ago and am finding it easier than ever to lose weight. I don't think the lack of a gallbladder is really making much difference one way or the other.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227

Height: 5'10"

I lost or had my gall bladder removed 10 years ago. I was really heavy then .so couldn't judge if I gained weight. I found the surgery really hard though as I had reaction to the sleep meds.and recovery was horrible. I hope you will be able to lose the weight you have gained .I am sure you will just take one step at a time
shellcanada71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #4  
Starting now

S/C/G: 265/265/155

Height: 5.4

I had the surgery a year and a half ago and I have gained 30 pounds since then. But I am very sure that mine is caused by eating too much and not exercising enough. I have other family members who have had the surgery and they haven't gained like I have.
mejojama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:57 PM   #5  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

I had mine removed in Dec of 98. I have steadily gained weight since then also, but like mejojama I think I am mainly to blame for this - along with the two pregnancies in which I gained 60 lbs each. My doctor did warn me that some people do have digestion problems with extremely fatty foods once their gall bladders have been removed. Maybe you could check with your doctor just to be on the safe side.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote