Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5"8

Question can you tell me anything about a web site?

Hello,I am trying to decide where I should buy some diet pills. I ran up on this web site called,"Diet Pill Discount". I am not sure if I can trust them,has anyone dealt with them before?
Old 12-13-2006, 03:10 PM   #2  
it's always something

I'm not familiar with the website. If you decide that you want to try diet pills, please don't trust the website to give you accurate information. They are not regulated by the government, so they can make any claims they want about weight loss and not have to prove it. Most are hooey. Check the ingredient label and then research the individual ingredients to find out if they work or if there are any dangers. We'd be happy to help you out if you tell us what you are considering taking.

You might also consider asking your doctor for a prescription diet pill. Those actually are proven to work and are regulated by the FDA. Plus your doctor can monitor you to make sure they are working, or if you have any problems.

Hope that helps
Old 12-13-2006, 03:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I don't know about the specific site you saw. However, I have ordered pills online, and have been fairly dissapointed. Pills, in general, tend not to work. The only exception (at least for me) was ephedra/ephedrine before the ban. I ordered pills online that "claimed" to contain it legally, but they didn't do anything that I could notice.

If you don't mind my advice, I say don't order them online; you never really know what you're getting. If you're determined to try some sort of pill, at least go to a store that sells them first and speak with a knowledgeable employee. Better still, do a quick search on this site on "diet pills" and read about all the money many of us have wasted on them.

I'm still tempted when I see advertisements for some new weight loss product, but we just really don't need all that. Best of luck to you.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:07 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I just want to add that if "diet" pills really and truly worked, that there would be no need for THIS website. Good luck to you.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/224/175

Height: 5'8

I Dont want to scare you but heres a lil story!

A very Good friend of mine had ordered diet pills online thinking she was saving the big bucks and being able to get them with out going to the doctor.

So she ordered the off a web site (sorry im not allowed to mention the site) and took these pills. Little did she know she wasnt taking the pill she bought

these people had "cut" into these pills a type of poision. My friend ended up in hospital at 17 with heat problems and she later slippedinto a coma.

She didnt wake up for 5 and a half weeks and has permanent damage. So if i could say one thing to you i would say

DONT ORDER PILLS ONLINE
Old 12-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #6  

Diet pills are a total waste of money. Read the sticky on them. Why would you even consider taking them when they tell you they work "with a sensible eating plan" and then give you a diet to follow. You could lose just as much only eating properly.
Closed Thread