Old 12-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #1  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Default My Daily Committments week of Dec 26-Jan 1

I don't want to step on any toes, hope it's ok I am starting this.

My personal daily goals for this week:

half hour walk every day
2 gallons water every day
no missed medications this week (already messed this one up today, but I am starting fresh with tonight's dose of kidney meds!)

How is everyone else doing??? What are your goals for the week?
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:06 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Thanks for starting us off for the week SAPF!

I'm back! Christmas was great. It's always nice to spend time with family, though being away from home really wreaks havoc with one's routine. I tried my best to stay on my path, with a respite for Christmas dinner. I went way overboard on the Honeybaked ham, even snuck into the kitchen and stood at the fridge eating handfuls of it out of the container. Ah, a nice reminder that the dreaded binger lives on inside me... I came home a day early out of boredom. Love my parents, but I was ready to be home. My birthday is tomorrow. I should have stayed to celebrate it with them, but part of me needed to escape the leftovers. Now I've done it, though. I'm spending my birthday alone, likely in a puddle of tears, thinking of all the things I thought I would have done by 35 and haven't! Ugh, makes me teary just to think about it...

I haven't weighed in yet, but will do so tomorrow. I don't think I did a lot of damage, but I don't think I've lost either (no exercise). So for tomorrow:

Be sad if you want, but no drowning sorrows in food.
Eat healthily.
Exercise.

Toodles!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:21 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Red face

Hi, I haven't posted in a few days. It's good to see people starting to trickle back over here.

I did very, very well over the holidays. I ate many things but in tiny portions. I even had 2 bites of a marzipan (one of my favorites) covered vanilla cream cake. It made my head spin . Literally. It was super sweet, too sweet in fact. My saving grace was that I hosted no meals and therefore had no leftovers in my fridge, one of my absolute worst downfalls. I simply can not deal with leftovers. Around me they are not "left over" for very long. I am down 1 1/2 pounds for the week. It's my lowest weight loss per week since I started this, Sept. 4, but I will most definitely take it.

CC you make me want to cry. But if you see above I most certainly understand having to escape the dreaded leftovers. I have actually had to throw perfectly good food in the garbage, had to destroy it first, to stop myself from eating them. It's just not normal. I'm just not normal. Whatever.
I for one HATE my birthday. I don't really look at it as what I've accomplished/not accomplished in the previous year. And the numbers don't mean much to me. I just find myself always disappointed with the day itself. I just find it nothing special and that in itself bothers me. Instead of thinking about what you haven't done as of yet, why not focus on what you are currently doing and WILL do in the coming year(s). Why not go see a movie or rent some. Or go treat yourself to a day of pampering hair/nails/pedicure, the whole bit. Some new clothes, if you're not up to that, how about a new wallet or handbag. Those always fit and you don't grow out of them. Please don't be sad. And try to make it a happy birthday.

Some goals for today:

-Drink lots of water
-Eat right
-Keep nibbling to a bare minimum
-Exercise, including a walk today
-Household stuff, work stuff, paperwork
-Remember that you want to be thin, more then you want the food.

Have a great day everyone!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey Ladies,
Well I posted on last weeks thread yesterday when I got back (a day early as well) so I won't get into how my holiday went again here. I did get on the scale last night to see the holiday dammage and I'm happy to report that I didn't lose anything....but I didn't gain anything either! I managed to maintain through the holidays and I'm right back on track today and trying to get back into my routine (which may be a bit difficult since I'm off of work until next tuesday)

Thanks for getting us started this week SAPF!
CC don't let your birthday keep you down! Its funny how my situation is so similar to yours...birthday right before the holiday, holiday with my parents, came home early to escape the food etc. Its really a double wammy having your birthday at the holidays, for me it just makes it worse! I can't say I like my birthday eiter...I usually just treat it like any other day. I'm with robin...don't think of what hasn't been done, focus on what is being done, and go treat yourself...mani/pedi is always a good one...can't go wrong with pretty toes! Keep your head up sweetie!
Robin, losing 1.5 pounds over the holidays! Thats fantastic! Here here to no leftovers in the fridge!

Alright ladies for me for today
go buy vitamins...and take one...I ran out the other day!
don't over eat or snack because I'm home!
water, water, water
hit up the gym!
get some painting done in the house!

cheers
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:14 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

Thanks you guys! I was having a pity party last night, but I'm feeling better this morning. I'll likely be up and down several more times today . Why do birthdays do that to me? Sunshine, Christmas birthdays are totally not fun. Everyone is tired from all the other celebrations, plus the rest of the year is so uneventful! Oh well. I'm just one day older than I was yesterday and one day younger than I'll be tomorrow. No sense giving it more importance than it deserves. Robin, I think I build them up too and then they end up being nothing special too.

So I painted my nails today (red! I never paint them red ) and I think I'm going to go to the movies.

Oh, and a little birthday present to me: a loss of 4.2 pounds! Granted, that's with two extra days since I weighed in today instead of Monday, but so what!

Hope you all have a great day, I'm glad you're back!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

Red face

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CC!!!

Please forgive me, I would have told you earlier in the day, but I'm such a nitwit, I was a day behind in reading the posts so when you said tomorrow I was reading that this morning so I thought the 28th was your birthday, not today. Again I'm sorry. I hope your day was better then you thought it would be. Hmm, red toe nails. Throwing caution to the wind are ya? Again I just want to wish you a very happy birthday and I hope this coming year brings you everything your heart desires!!!

Old 12-27-2006, 09:57 PM   #7  
I WILL Do This...

HaPpY bIrThDaY! Sorry it was a hard day but glad you were able to take sometime for yourself.

Goals for me for tomorrow...

2 litres of water (8 glasses)
no junk food
20 minutes on the elliptical
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:32 AM   #8  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Happy birthday CC Hope the day was better than you thought it was going to be.

I am going to:

get back in the habit of going for a walk first thing in the morning - let it slip while I was at my parents
start jogging this weekend
track what I'm eating -I haven't tracked at all since the day before Christmas Eve and I know I could have eaten better.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:48 AM   #9  
Never want to go back!

Quick check-in: I actually had a good day. My best friend called and when he found out I didn't have anything to do, he came and took me to lunch and then we camped out on my couch and watched some of my favorite movies. So it was fun! I also tried on some "new" clothes that I bought earlier in the year and couldn't wear because they didn't fit. They fit now! My friend almost fell over with shock because I wear the same things all the time. So new clothes, a good friend, red nails, and a decision to be more positive and it ended up being a pretty nice birthday after all. Thanks for sending the positive vibes my way -- it really helped!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:16 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

Good morning fellow commited ones!!!

Tiggs is here - yay!!!! Glad to see you on board. I just know that we're all going to benefit from having you here!

CC, you're day sounds quite nice, a male best friend? I give you credit on that one. But it sounds like you had a nice day, I'm happy for you! Clothing NSV's are just one of the greatest things about this weightloss process. And the greatest thing is you don't have to wait to get to goal to experience them, they just keep on happening, every 10 - 15 lbs or so.

Sunshine, that's GREAT that you didn't gain anything, simply fantastic!!!

Had a real good day yesterday, I had my dinner meal at lunch and it worked out very, very well. I also drank soooo much yesterday that I was stuffed, almost to the point of discomfort so I really didn't eat my dinner. I wasn't thrilled with that feeling and I think I will cut back on the stuff a bit today.

Today I'd like to:

-Eat well, under 1300 calories
-Drink lots
-Exercise, move thyself
-Keep nibbling to a minimum
-Think before I eat, and try to slow it down a bit.
-Remeber that I want to be thin more then I want the food

Have a great day everybody!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Happy morning!
Well lets see, yesterday wasn't bad. Could have been better.... I never made it to the gym...I was on my way and greeted by a dead car in my driveway so I spent hours waiting for the nice AAA man to come and replace my battery. I was low priority cause I wasn't stuck on the road my car was at home. I did however get all of my ceilings painted (except the bathroom that I'll do today) and it was quite a workout surprisingly. My arms are even a little achey...I forgot how much of a good workout some old fashion home remodeling can be! Next step is going to be the kitchen....which I will be replastering and painting for a rough finish tuscan countryside feel....so we'll see how that goes, at least the ceilings are done
Food was in check, and I got tons of water...slid in at a nice 1600 calories with decent preportions all around.
CC- red nails, good movies and good company of the male persuasion...sounds like a good day to me! Cheers to you.
Robin-ohhhh that stuffed overly full feeling is the pits! I definatly can't say I miss it and feel terrible if it happens!
Everyone new-welcome, I'm so glad you are here with us!

Alright, for today
1. the car works...I'm going to the gym... and while I'm at it the bank, the grocery store and to return some movies!
2. keep it clean at the store...don't get caught dancing (for those of you who don't know I shop with my ipod and have caught myself dancing down the aisles...people think I'm crazy)
3. 1600 calories, lots of water
4. paint my bathroom ceiling
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:36 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi everybody. Time for me to get with the program and actually start this weight loss journey. We are going to Disney World again in February and I have to make some changes! The last time I went, I could barely keep up. I was soooo tired and my legs and feet ached. 5 weeks is not a lot of time, but I'm going to do what I can to get myself in the best shape I can.

Plan for this week

*** at least an hour of intense cardio each day.
*** strength training...upper body then lower body on alternating days
*** begin with some basic changes in my diet....starting with no more sugar in my morning coffee and no more snacking after dinner in the evenings. Also, will have to start eating breakfast and a good lunch. No more eating only in the afternoon/evenings.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #13  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

*rushes in and trips over own two feet*

Whoo, I'm here, I'm here! ha, had to make it back in before you guys thought I ran off never to return! Not much time though, and erg... so much has happened, and I need to go back through the posts to make a decent post... so I'll be back a bit later with a full on post =)
PNG 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:02 PM   #14  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

The gym's schedule this week and my husband's birthday have messed with my goal of going to the gym 3 times (but I did make it yesterday and I'll be there tomorrow), so I'll skip that...

* Eat less, but more often - breakfast every day!
* Journal
* Take walks with my kids on Saturday and Sunday
* WATER - 120 ounces a day
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:51 PM   #15  
Never want to go back!

Back again!

Glad to see so many fresh faces! Today's been good so far. I am on track for food and am going to try a walk later to test out my new shoe inserts for my bum foot.

Robin, he's gay . They make the best friends! We have been great friends for 12 years (and have a business together too). Our other friends call us Will and Grace...

Anyway, I'm going to try to post these the morning of. It's weird to post mid-day!

Take care and hands off the leftovers, my friends!