Old 12-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chick's 12/26/06 !!

Come in here!!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #2  
I AM healthy!

stopeating:

Merry X~mas to you too!!

ennay:

Quote:
Merry Xmas! I got out of touch for awhile and overwhelmed by the posts but I am still mostly back on track.

I have got to figure out what to do when my exercise gets sidelined. I am DEFINITELY one of those people who has exercise controlled depression. And it takes quite a bit of INTENSE exercise too. So when my exercise got sidelined the last 2 weeks with my son's illness, by the end of last week I was a basket case. - Hence my dropping out of this particular thread...dont ask me why but depression makes me do that. Ignore the people who could give me support.
Aww hun! I am glad you are back! I hope your son is doing better!

Quote:
Got my 3rd run in 3 days in this morning and I am starting to feel human again.
Hooray!!

Quote:
I do have to figure out a strategy for dealing when I cant exercise. Last year I sprained my ankle very badly..couldnt walk, run, swim or bike with it and it took about 3 months to heal....and by the end I was on the verge of divorce I was so freaking out of control.
Oh man! Maybe lifting weights and crunches?

Quote:
Anyway a very merry Xmas to all.
Same to you!!

Calejo:

Quote:
And to all of us... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Same to you hun!!
Old 12-26-2006, 12:24 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

ok, new thread, maybe I can keep up!

dh is off this week so going to try to get back to the gym, next week I'll be taking my son back to the gym...kind of scared too.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:45 PM   #4  
I AM healthy!

Okay ladies well I am still alive after the holiday season, oh wait, it is NOT over yet! Uh oh! Well a few days ago despite all the bad days I was actually down half a pound! I am not even recording in fitday how yesterday was cause there was chocolates and cookies here and there! I am going to try to get back on track today!

Please everyone be praying for me tonite, I have to go back to the dentist! Arrggghhh!!! I have to have two pulled and please be praying that everything goes well and quickly and that I am not in any pain this time! Thanx.

One of my cousins grandparents came and they are spanish or mexican and she brought home made tamales!!!! Oh my gosh they were so good!!! I had two yesterday and two today. Yeah I had them for breakfast but I also had an apple too. I also need to eat more earlier cause I probably won't be able to eat tonite! We also had german potato pancakes yesterday, a family tradition, some honeybaked ham, one slice of bacon. I alkso had a piece of cherry pie with cool whip and ice cream on it. A smidge of lemon cake, oatmeal cookies.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:46 PM   #5  
I AM healthy!

Hi Ennay! I was bad last week and sooo busy! I missed all you ladies though! I feel like I gained a few over the last few days! So I decided not to weigh myself til January 1, 2007!!! hahahah
Old 12-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #6  
I AM healthy!

Ennay

I am still thinking about that raw milk thing. What are your main oppositions to it? I have quite a few websites I have been looking at. One of my points to is that people were drinking this for thousands of years raw and are fine. Weston price went to civilzations that were untouched by modern society and found people healthy and eating raw dairy. I know way back when what also depends on milk is the quality and cleanliness of places as well. I will post a few things. When they first tryed to get rid of raw milk and people were not drinking it the rate of people having salmonella actually went up! Pasteurization is no guarantee against it.

Okay ladies, I went down to clarks nutrition store over the holidays. It is like 30 miles from oour house but we had the rental. It was so nice to be in a whole store full of organic stuff!! Instead of the tiny shelf they have at my local store. Some of the prices were even comparable to reg produce! The tomatoes were 1.99 a lb! I pay that for regular ones! Same with cilantro and parsley! The bell peppers were like 3.00 a pound but it wasn't much more than what I pay in the grocery store. They also had organic walnuts and extra virgin coconut oil. I will have to get that oil next time as it is a bit expensive. They also had the organic arrowhead mills peanut butter! I was thrilled with that!

We are going to wait til we get a car cause if we do start doing the raw milk we are not going to do it now and then stop. SO that is on hold but they do have it there. For now when I got my wic I switched it to staters so I can get the tillamook cheese. (no animal rennet, partially grassfed cows, NO bovine growth hormone guaranteed for the cheese!), I noticed knudsen milk also says no rbst and when I went on their website it says they dont add skim filler on the top! So at least I feel a little better about that.

Okay ladies so I have something I want you to read. I'll brb
Old 12-26-2006, 01:17 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

Dirty Secrets of the Food Processing Industry

Very good article here! I am NOT buying cereal any more! It is going to be oatmeal or eggs for them with the occasional panacake thrown in! I went out the other day and bought a huge box of quaker oatmeal. My eldest refused it but the other 4 ate it, I added hot water and some milk then I cut up some apples and put it on top. The kids asked for sugar but I told them that apples are naturally sweet!

Who is with me on the oatmeal?

My only problem is my dh, he says he wants sugar on his too!
Old 12-26-2006, 01:22 PM   #8  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
Old-Fashioned Porridge

So what are you going to have for breakfast? We need to go back to the old fashioned porridges, as I explain in Nourishing Traditions. These porridges should be soaked overnight in an acid medium to get rid of the anti-nutrients. Soaking will neutralize the tannins, complex proteins, enzyme inhibitors and phytic acid. You soak the grains in warm water with one tablespoon of something acidic like whey, yoghurt, lemon juice or vinegar. The next morning, the porridge cooks in about a minute. Of course, you eat your porridge with butter or cream like our grandparents did. The nutrients in the fats are needed to absorb the nutrients in the grains. That was one of the great lessons of Weston Price, that without the vitamins present in animal fats (vitamins A and D), you cannot assimilate minerals and other vitamins. You can be taking mineral supplements, drinking green juices or eating organic food until it comes out your ears, but you cannot absorb the minerals in your food without vitamins A and D that are exclusively found in the animal fats.
That is exactly why I am going back to REAL butter and cheese and hopefully switching to the real raw milk products.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #9  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone im back from my trip and yea i survived christmas but i think i brought some lbs with me. Oh well i guess ill dust myself off and try again this time im changing m goals instead of a target weight my target is to exercise and eat and drink like i should i want to lose weight by my anniversary (valentines day) so as long as i workout and eat right the weight will come off. How was everyone's holiday? Hi ennay hi Jasmine
back to work tomorrow
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I won't even talk about the eating yesterday, but today is a new day. So far 1,000 calories for the day and an hour on the bike. I'm hoping to do another hour before bed time. I am also off of work until January 3 so I'm hoping to exercise a lot in the mean time.

I have a huge interview on Thursday. I will be interviewed in front of 10 people and a reporter. It is also open to the public. Now that Christmas is over, I'm starting to think about it and getting nervous.

We still have lots of great leftovers around here and the family loves it. I hope I can stay out of it. So far so good.

I signed up on a thread to climb 78 flights of stairs. Don't know what I was thinking but I'm up for the challenge. I don't have a stair climbers so I am going to run up and down our stairs. In case you ever wonder, you burn 1 calorie for every 5 steps going UP. Nothing for going down.
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:29 PM   #11  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopeating View Post
Hello everyone! I won't even talk about the eating yesterday, but today is a new day. So far 1,000 calories for the day and an hour on the bike. I'm hoping to do another hour before bed time. I am also off of work until January 3 so I'm hoping to exercise a lot in the mean time.

I have a huge interview on Thursday. I will be interviewed in front of 10 people and a reporter. It is also open to the public. Now that Christmas is over, I'm starting to think about it and getting nervous.

We still have lots of great leftovers around here and the family loves it. I hope I can stay out of it. So far so good.

I signed up on a thread to climb 78 flights of stairs. Don't know what I was thinking but I'm up for the challenge. I don't have a stair climbers so I am going to run up and down our stairs. In case you ever wonder, you burn 1 calorie for every 5 steps going UP. Nothing for going down.
thats interesting too bad i dont have any steps or i would have tried it
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #12  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good Christmas. Mines was alright. My family doesn't really celebrate Christmas which kinda sucks considering I LOVE the decorations and gift giving. I went to work on Christmas which was what I wanted, I mean come on, double pay!!! Luckily, the vets were in the spirit. My mama gave me a nice Sony hand held organizer. I probably wouldn't be so psyched about it except for the fact that not only does it do the normal organizer stuff but it's also a PEDOMETER and it COUNTS CALORIES!!! That's the reason my mama got it for me. Nice to know she pays attention to what I'm into. She's also taking me and my little sister clothes shopping this week on payday. I asked her if this was a shopping trip for us or one for what she thinks is suitable and she said it was for us. So I wanted to go to Hot Topic. She was on the computer at the time so she looked it up on the internet then told me she would just give me the money for the shopping! LMAO
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #13  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Jasmine - part of it is that I dont really believe that cows milk in ANY form is all that great. I also dont pay much credence to what societies did before pasteurization, truthfully cows and the dairy industry in the US have so radically changed (diet, living conditions, milking conditions, breeding etc) that there really isnt an apples to apples comparison.

I grew up drinking raw milk. BUT It was from a family we knew well, we knew EXACTLY what they fed their cows, they were milked by hand and they were careful on how the milk was handled (cows udders were washed before milking, etc. ) And STILL when we had guests visit, we bought pasteurized milk. Its like drinking the water in a foreign land. If your system is not used to the bacteria level, its NOT going to be happy. Eventually with good hygeine conditions you would probably adjust and be fine. However, since the only milk drinker of any significance in my house is less than 3, I am not going to put her system through that. Heck we had a severe ecoli outbreak here from unpasteurized APPLE juice. Farming is just not what it used to be. The only way I would consider raw milk is from a single family non-commercial farm. (i.e. a friend who owns a cow or two)

I still feel that if I were that concerned about the effects of pasteurization I would just eliminate milk altogether

As for the whole milk better than lowfat thing. Lets face it, its not that milk was designed be drunk whole, its that milk was designed to be drunk by baby cows.

Last edited by ennay; 12-26-2006 at 08:07 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:19 PM   #14  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good evening everyone and Merry Christmas! I hope Santa was good to everyone but even more that you all had a wonderful time with your families. We had a wonderful Christmas in our house. I cannot wait to get back to healthy living...if feel gross! Why do we do that to ourselves? Its just not worth it no matter how good we think it tastes.

Anyway...I take it that the secret santa stuff got dropped, I never heard from mine. I was your secret Santa Jasmine, I hope you got and liked the cards I sent through the season. Merry Christmas from Santa's Lil helper! LOL!

I love the step climbing challenge! I remember them doing a long challenge on the biggest loser where they had to climb a ton of flights of stairs, that looked like an amazing workout!

Be good to you!! You deserve it!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone, hope you all enjoyed your Christmas, ours was nice, we had a big surprise on the 24th, my daughter got engaged, I knew they had looked at rings, but it had been awhile, so was surprised. I just hope he will take good care of his health, now that he is feeling better. I know it is in his family, his father died of a heart attack at 50, so a little scary that way. But a great guy and sure makes my daughter smile.

My son thought she was going to say she was pregnant, so was giving them both dirty looks, when she said "I have some big news to tell you", he left immediately after to get my Dad, a little embarrased I think. He is having a hard time with his girlfriend, they spent Fri. to Sun. at her parents, came home opened there gifts, no where near equal and she makes a lot more than he does, didn't like one very expensive gift he gave her, he came home the next morning and she has been avoiding him by saying she is too tired after work to see him, she is going home to bed, she was to come here tonight and cancelled, same excuse. I think she is very self centered, my son is hurt over the way she is acting. They had got along fine when at her parents, so is rather confused. Anyway, I really feel for him, he is very kind and bends over backwards, for the people he cares about, very sensitive too.

Stopeating, just picture your interviewers in there underware. No seriously I will say a prayer your interview will go great!

Jasonslea, sorry your family does not celebrate, at least your Mom is trying to do some things at this time. It's not everything you want, but maybe you can celebrate in your own way, when you have a family of your own, just a thought, I realize it may not be possible, but for your sake I hope so since you enjoy so much of the spirit of it.

I was not too bad yesterday, I had a spoonful of everything and only seconds of the turkey, no desert but a few drinks, which I know was bad.

Jasmine, I eat oatmeal everyday, usually the processed kind, not a good choice, will have to go back to the original kind and soaking it. As a kid I visited my grandparents farm all the time, where they had grass fed cows and I drank there milk right from the cooler, I remember how good it was, I will have to see if there is raw milk being sold anywhere around here. That link covered quite a few subjects on food. I feel a little ill after reading it, but definately more informed on what I am really eating. Thanks

I woke up with a cold today, so rather a lazy day today, I seem to have got my physatiac nerve irriated on my right side, from hip down, I am just falling apart, maybe its just old age catching up. Still not up to exercising, but watching what I eat today (except for the nine chocolates, first I have had though). Hope I can stay away from them. Did not weigh today either, oh well tomorrow is another day. Good luck tomorrow everyone, me especially!
Sharon
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote