Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 08:12 AM   #1  

Angry New member, would like support

Hi, I'm Carrie63, and I've been doing the SugarBusters diet for a week now...have lost 2 and a half pounds. I guess this is good. I need to be encouraged from time to time!
Old 01-15-2002, 08:39 AM   #2  

Hey Carrie63. 21/2lbs a week is good. I have never heard of the SugarBusters diet. But you will get alot of support from the ppl on this board. Alot of times i feel motivated just from reading the post. Im not sure what kinda support you are looking for but if you would like we could seak by email. [email protected]
Good Luck with your continued success i know you can do it. I have lost 45 lbs so far on low fat diet and exercise. I started in August and lost most of my weight before Thanksgiving. Then i slowed down on the exercise ans the weight loss slowed. So now its back to exercising more. It just takes times but you can reach your goals one matter what they are. Karen

Last edited by SCgal; 01-15-2002 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:30 AM   #3  

Smile

Thanks for the quick response. I just need some 'keep up the good work' remarks from time to time! It helps to know some others who have similar goals. If I can help you all in a similar way, let me know!
Old 01-15-2002, 02:03 PM   #4  

Hi Carrie. I've heard of Sugarbusters but don't know much about it. These boards are just great. Once you find a couple of ones that resonate for you - you'll come back again and again. It's great.

Congrats on the weight loss!
Old 01-20-2002, 01:03 PM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

Angry

2 1/2 pounds a week is GREAT. In fact 2 pounds a week is what I'm doing. I have always wanted all the weight off right this second, but it doesn't work that way. I'm giving myself 1 year to get the weight off. Of course I have 90 pounds to lose. I have heard of Sugar Busters, but don't know much about it. I have been doing Jorge Cruises program since Jan 8 and have lost 7 pounds!

Just hang in there. Do whatever program you are comfortable with. I like what I'm doing because I can do it for the rest of my life. In the past I would starve or deprive myself, and then give it up afer a while. I'm doing it the lazy way. Like I said, whatever works for you and you are comfortable with, go for it.

I was invited to join a support thread by Breathless, but can't find it. Anyone know where she's at?

Email me anytime you need support.
Old 01-20-2002, 03:10 PM   #6  

Hi, Pumpkinna, I appreciated the note and the encouraging words! I have tried Weight Watchers 3 times, made goal twice, and I've tried dieting on my own, but nothing so far worked real well for permanent weight loss. I'm hoping that Sugar Busters is the answer. I don't have to lose but 21 lbs., but 21 is 21!
I didn't weight this morning, but I FEEL like I've lost some more, maybe up to 4 or 4 and a half lbs. My clothes are starting to feel a little better already. Good luck on your diet! I 'd never heard of that one. Tell me about it sometime.
Carrie
Old 01-21-2002, 01:20 AM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

Angry

Well, tonight I can tell you what I'm doing - I don't have his book yet, and I don't have the article from Womans World magazine with me right now that got me started on it, so I can't explain why it works, etc. But I can later this week if you want me to.

I get up and do 2 exercises, 48 reps each. It changes every day - I do arms and thighs one day, buttocks and abs the next, etc. This takes about 10 minutes in the morning, and gets your metabolism working for the rest of the day. I have a granola bar in the morning for breakfast, but I think you can have anything thats not fried, and not obviously bad for you. For lunch and dinner you basically have what you want (not fried) but make sure you put 1 teaspoon- up to 1 tablespoon of olive oil on your food. You just drizzle it on. I'm just now getting used to the taste of it. Its evidently the good type of fat - its good for you.
And you drink plenty of water. You are supposed to lose about 2 pounds a week. I started Jan. 8 and have lost 7 pounds and 1 inch on my hips and waist. And I've been having 2 regular cola's a day!

I think it has to do with attitude - I know that I'm not going to get all this weight off in 3 months. Its going to take a year because I have so much to lose. So I just stay on program and don't get in a big hurry to have it off RIGHT NOW. I actually have to make myself eat dinner. That sounds so funny to me, because I'm fat. People have had the attitude toward me in the past that I must just eat all the time. They never believe that I don't. There have been times when I've eaten too much, but in the last 5 years I've eaten too little. Mark says I starve myself.

I'm also losing my hair. At least I have control over my weight.

gotta go
Old 01-21-2002, 04:00 AM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Default Help for Pumpkinna and Carrie

Hello
I always try to offer some positive statements for newcomers but this time I can offer even more.

Carrie... there is a Sugarbuster group here in 3FC's. They have over 8,000 posts. You are now in the "Support" forum. Just go back to the MAIN forum board. Scroll down about 10 more topics and you will find a "Sugarbusters" forum. It is always great to have others who are following the same plan to help answer questions and share tips.

Pumpkinna... You can find Breathless in the "Buddy UP" forum.
Just go back to the MAIN forum board and the first one listed is "Buddy UP". Breathless invited you to join her in there. Her topic is called "Need Serious Support".

If either of you ever need to find someone or a topic just go to the top of boards and find the word "search". Hit that topic and then you can enter a name or topic and they will search the boards for you.

Hope this has been of help. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
Closed Thread