Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-22-2006, 06:04 PM   #1  

Default Fitday

Decided to start using FitDay again. For those who use it, how do you keep yourself motivated to update every day?
WaterBottleBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

I don't think this requires motivation. Just plain ol' discipline. Kinda like brushing your teeth or showering.
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:32 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

I keep a short cut to it on mydesk top.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I find it fun, so I actually look forward to it. I learn a lot about food and nutrition, and it's interesting to look back at trends.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:04 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Motivated to use Fit Day? I have 35 more pounds till goal... thats all the movitvation I need. I wouldn't lose weight without - simple as that. Sure it takes 10 mintues out of my day, but its been worth it.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:03 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

I love Fitday!! I did the buy version ( suggested by my nutrionist) I swear having to take a weekly report in is keeping me honest!

I find it does really help me plan meals and snacks, I would be so lost without it. I have never journaled my food before and it is one of the biggest helps so far, and it made me realize how bad I had been eating.

It's worth your time
Sunderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm on the computer a lot, so it's easy for me to update it every time I eat something or get through exercise.

I agree that it really helps as a reality check. I had lunch out today with friends, and when I entered what I ate, it added up to 762 cals! Well, that's a lot more than I usually eat for a meal, but because I knew that, I was able to adjust what I ate later, and how much exercise I did. So, I am still well within my restriction amount for the day.

Jay
198/180/155
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I agree - its discipline, not motivation for me.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I cant do anything else on the computer until I update my fitday...so I cant cruise the boards until I do!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

IMO, journaling your food with a plain old notebook is far easier than Fitday. I find Fitday's calories off quite a bit. And too often they don't have the food I eat listed. I found that having to enter in all the nutrition info manually would probably make me postal.

Get a notebook and make four columns. Cal., Carbs, Prot., & Fat. Add them up at the end of the day.
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:58 AM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissH View Post
IMO, journaling your food with a plain old notebook is far easier than Fitday. I find Fitday's calories off quite a bit. And too often they don't have the food I eat listed. I found that having to enter in all the nutrition info manually would probably make me postal.
The custom food collum works great. And look at it this way, once you enter its always there. Seeing as I eat a lot of the same food this works great for me. Why write down the same thing over and over and over, when it adds everything up for you with a click of a button. I have been using fit day for 10 months now, I enter about 3 custom foods a month now. I also just adjust, if I know the begal I ate was 190 cals and fit day is showing as 210, I make it a little less then one serving so it says 190.

I tried the note book things many time, and I never did it cuz it took way too long, plus I always have to have the package in front of me - when I use fitday its all right there, no hunting for the package and digging thru the garabge if I already thru it away, plus it takes half the time.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
The custom food collum works great. And look at it this way, once you enter its always there. Seeing as I eat a lot of the same food this works great for me. Why write down the same thing over and over and over, when it adds everything up for you with a click of a button. I have been using fit day for 10 months now, I enter about 3 custom foods a month now. I also just adjust, if I know the begal I ate was 190 cals and fit day is showing as 210, I make it a little less then one serving so it says 190.

I tried the note book things many time, and I never did it cuz it took way too long, plus I always have to have the package in front of me - when I use fitday its all right there, no hunting for the package and digging thru the garabge if I already thru it away, plus it takes half the time.
That's true to a point. Maybe it depends on what a person gets used to.
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:30 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I don't use Fitday everyday. I too, eat very similiar foods everyday and therefore I know exactly how many calories I'm consuming. Especially during the week, it's the same breakfast, same 2 snacks, one of 3 or 4 lunches, and one of several dinners. I already know exacty how many calories I'm eating. So that's when I don't bother with Fitday. I definitely at this point have a mental Fitday in my head. I find it more helpful for the weekends and other times when my food intake varies and I'm having something that I don't normally eat. That's when I use it the most.

Experiment and find what works best for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:49 AM   #14  

Thanks for the tips. The main thing which always gets me is, because I'm in the UK, I struggle to find a lot of the brandname stuff we have over here. Which means always going to custom foods/estimating if I don't even get the chance to see the packaging!
WaterBottleBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:53 AM   #15  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Its a pain in the beginning until you get a chance to get your custom foods set up, but after awhile you have 90% of your food in there.

I will say the download paid version is much easier for custom foods and if you cook a lot.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote