Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-21-2006, 08:40 AM   #1  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Will I gain my weight back after I

Start exercising again? Let me give a little background info. I have been working out (about 30 minutes of weights, about 25-30 of cardio 4 days a week) for the last 7 months on a very regemented schedule. I had even started doing Reaction Cycling on my off days and fell in love with it. I also had been on weight watchers (WW) for about 2 months, and was on a complete plateau. I couldn't get past 138 to save my life!
Well, I had my tonsils removed a month ago yesterday. I went from 138 to 132 in 1 week because I couldn't eat. I only gained back 2 lbs. Now here's the shocker: I haven't been OP at all with my WW, and I haven't been back to the gym yet (Long story, but I'm getting a membership to a new gym for Christmas because I'm not going to my old gym again)
Now for the question!
What are my odds of gaining weight if I start weight training again? I have a feeling the weight went down so fast because I lost some muscle? Hard to say, because even B/F noticed I had lost weight after the surgery.
I thought 130 would be a good weight for me, but I just can't see 4 more lbs taking me to making the size 7 jeans comfortable for me (right now they're tight, but the 9's are loose!) so I want to try to get down to 125, but I'm not sure if its POSSIBLE. I haven't been that small since before I had DD 5 years ago (oh and BTW I was 16, so I didn't have a womans body yet).
MomToKaylaAndTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Are you feeling better? Having your tonsills out as an adult is a kick in the pants, yes?
I think this is a body composition question, right?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:09 AM   #3  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

It was HORRIBLE. I could tell you all about it, but I'll spare you the details. I would never wish the pain on ANYBODY. I cried for about 2 week straight. Looking back, I can't say I would do it again. I'd rather deal with some sore throats and snoring for the rest of my life!
With that being said, I guess what I'm trying to ask is why I've been able to keep off weight for 3 weeks without trying as hard as I was before. It makes me really scared to start working out because I dont want to do anything differently than what is working for me now. I looked, and my ideal weight for my height is 117. I've just been trying too hard to get to my goal of 130 and I don't want to lower my goal weight now because it took me so long to get to where I am now! But I do want to be comfortable, and I'm still not where I think I want to be. But does my body want me to be 125? I have a lot of extra saggy skin from being 16 years old and 115lbs to 165 the day I had my daughter (on my 17th b-day).

I just get disgusted with myself for getting myself into this mess. I always said that I was too young to have to worry about dieting, and I always seemed to lose weight without even trying. I have fluctuated ever since having my daughter, I never cared what I weighed-it wasn't an issue until a year ago when I started dating a gym rat and now its constantly on my mind, and oddly enough, now I can't lose it when I'm honestly trying!
MomToKaylaAndTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

But you do want to be firmer and healthy, right? Exercise will get you into smaller jeans even if your weight doesn't change much. Do you read in the Ladies Who Lift threads?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/166/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jenn! I got my tonsils out when I was 21, too. I'm 22 now. I also lost weight right after I got out my tonsils out, and kept it off without trying for two months or so. And then I gained all that I lost and then some! Weight-lifting really, really helps your body look a lot better, even if your weight does go up. In reality, no one is going to see what your scale in the bathroom says--they're going to be able to see how awesome you look in that tank top
LittleElectron is offline   Reply With Quote