Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-20-2006, 12:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Default My extra super bad day.

Firstly, let me say, that I've eaten like crap and not exercised and gained five pounds in the last two weeks.

Secondly, we did secret santa at work this morning, and mine didn't show up, so I didn't get a present.

Then, the girl at work, who I have a love/hate relationship with, (she does her work, is nice to me, but complains ALL THE TIME about everyone else) got canned. It's what? 6 days before Christmas?

Then, on the way home, mom calls and is like Hey, your wonderful aunt who has been there for you for everything is in the hospital. She's just had surgery. They took out her uterus, and yea.. it's cancer. Aunty doesn't want anyone to know because she doesn't want to ruin anyone's christmas.

So I go to boyfriends house. God love him, but he is not the sensitive type. He keeps making bad jokes, and it's his way of trying to help, but picking on me is just making it worse, so I storm out of his house after a quick yelling match.

I get home, and there is a fox between me and the front door of my house. (I live in a suburb, near a city) Despite my honking and flashing my lights, the fox won't budge (for those of you who don't know, this is not normal foxy behavior) So I wait 10 or 15 minutes before he wanders down the street before I am brave enough to make a dash for my door. ( I called the game warden, and they were basically like... yea, if it's not there anymore, we can't do anything, leave us alone)

And did I mention, instead of losing weight I'm GAINING LIKE MAD!?! Sure it's probably the unhealthy eating and the lack of exercise, but more than just gaining weight... I feel awful.

And my poor aunt

Sorry for the rant. It has been a long day. And I am le sad.
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:08 AM   #2  

o. and I smashed my toe too it is all scraped up and sore
Old 12-20-2006, 12:18 AM   #3  

This isn't much to offer but just think... tomorrow HAS to be a better day than today, right??

All those things do indeed suck, especially happening all at once.

I gained 5 lbs in 3 weeks recently and with the support of the people here, I'm determined to stop that nonsense and get back on track, no excuses!

I see a lot of posts with the same message.... you can't control your surroundings, but you can control you. If everything else is going badly, make sure you do something GOOD by eating right and/or exercising. You'll be happier not giving in to temptation.

Hope that helps a little.
SmartButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

Aww. I'm sorry you've had such a crappy day.
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:19 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

First and foremost I hope your aunt has a quick and full recovery.

And secondly without a day, you had a bad day. To put it mildly. Weightwise this is THE most difficult time of the year, so try and give yourself some slack. That you feel awful about it is not necessarily a bad thing, it will propel you to do something about it. And do something about it you will, just perhaps get through the holidays with as little damage as possible and then full steam ahead for the New Year. Cheer up, maybe your secret Santa will show up today. Today is a new day, with new possibilities. And it certainly can't be any worse then yesterday. I hope in fact it's a great one!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:41 AM   #6  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Amber, I am so sorry. When it rains, it really pours sometimes. I have had days like that too and at the end of the day I just look up to the sky and say "What's next???" It's totally OK to feel bad with all these things, but don't let it get you down for too long. Tomorrow is ALWAYS an opportunity for things to get better.

I am so sorry about your Auntie.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #7  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Amber!

Writing stuff down often lessens the impact and helps A LOT to get it out and O-V-E-R! Good for you for turning to this board! Isn't it incredible how on some days it just is like hail hitting...one thing after another...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Cancer of the uterus seems to have a good survival rate, though, I'm told because the cancer is in an organ that can completely be removed. I'm hoping for a complete recovery for her.

Here's to a MUCH better day for you!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Aw Amber what a poo-ey day.

Promise today will be better

for your Aunt
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #9  

Thanks everyone!

Today was much better! I go my secret santa present, there was no fox to greet me when I got home, I ate OP for the first time in a long time and most importantly, the doctors say they are positive they got all the cancer out of my darling aunt with the surgery, and only want to do chemo as an extra precaution.

She'll be back to telling me to mind my manners in no time! (i hope)
Old 12-20-2006, 09:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberD View Post
****Today was much better!****
Yay!!!
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:23 AM   #11  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Amber, I'm SO glad that your day was better. I'm not sure ANYONE deserves to have TWO days like the one you had yesterday.

I'm so happy to hear that the doctors think they have all of your Aunt's cancer removed. It is great that they are still being careful, but at least things are looking good now. Will she be out of hospital for Christmas? Sorry if this is a silly question, but I have NO idea how long people have to stay in hospital after certain surgeries.

I'm glad you got your Secret Santa gift. That is one of the reasons I NEVER do Secret Santa anymore. People sometimes get missed out, and I have never received a good gift yet. Well, I only did it for a few years before giving up. One year I got a cheap 'silly' present and I had given a nice 'thoughtful' present to my person. Other years I get gifts with scents etc, even though I write that I am allergic to most scents. I see other people get gifts that have had so much thought put into them and I just end up disappointed, which I know is simply selfish, but I can't help it.

We see a fox around here now and then, but it is a real rarity. We don't even see many kangaroos anymore, as there is too much development going on around us. At least a kangaroo wouldn't scare me as much as a fox would. I think I would have been staying in my car as well.

Good luck with getting those pesky pounds off again. I've gained a few in the last few weeks, but I have a feeling they are due to hormone fluctuations. I will work on them if they haven't sorted themselves out in the new year.

I hope you have many more 'good' days from here on in.

Take care,

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:09 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh great news about your aunt!!!! And see, I told you you'd get your secret santa present the next day. And eating OP is a great feeling, who woulda thunk it? Well here's to hoping today is an even BETTER day!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #13  
Mel

Amber, I'm glad you had a better day and your Aunt's prognosis is good

But I have to say, Zelda's post had me rolling on the floor! I'd be terrified and speechless if I saw a kangaroo on my front walk! A fox during the day is weird behavior for a fox...a kangaroo and I'd know the problem was ME!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Amber, I'm glad you made it through that awful day! Good for you! Keep on keeping on, and I hope your toe is better, too!

Zelda, you are AMAZING!!!! What a transformation! I am in awe!

Just a note about foxes--a healthy fox is not dangerous to people. Often they are out and about, and they don't necessarily run away immediately. Where I live I see them often in the evening. They have never bothered me at all. They think they live here, too! So don't be afraid of a fox unless it is growling or staggering around like it's sick or tries to approach you in an aggressive way.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote