Old 12-17-2006, 10:12 PM   #1  
lose2win

Default I'm back and looking for a buddy or two!

A little about myself. I am 35, live in Michigan, married but no children, and as you can see from my ticker have quite a bit of weight to lose. I started w/ this site 11/05 and was able to successfully lose weight thru the holidays and into the new year (which was great). But I went thru a few buddies here and there and in the end everyone fizzled out. I think I quit posting in May of this year and have pretty much maintained my weight loss since then but maintaining is no longer good enough. So I am back and hope to find some buddies to chat w/ daily or a few times a week, it is great for accountability. Hope to hear from someone soon w/ some things in common...
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi. I really want a buddy, too, that is willing to e-mail every day. I have had buddies in the past, but they all fizzle out like you said. I have about 90 more pounds to go so I have a lot to lose, too. I couldn't see your ticker above so I don't know how much you have to lose.... Let me know if you want to buddy up.

I am 31, married, with a 5-year-old son. I am a Special Education teacher for grade K-3 and I live in Laurel, MS which is a small city in the south eastern part of the state. I am originally from Hattiesburg which is 30 miles south of Laurel. Hattiesburg is home to the University of Southern Mississippi Eagles.

Anyway, let me know if you still need a buddy.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:08 PM   #3  
lose2win

Hi Melody,

I am so excited about your response. I am still looking for a buddy and invite more interested parties. You have had a very impressive weight loss to date. I bet you are feeling so much better already. I have lost about 12 or 15 lbs. but I know if I don't take action now I am going to gain and this site helps me out so much. My eating has been a bit out of control lately but I did join a gym and am excercising about 2 or 3 times a week (should be more). About 9 years ago I lost 70 lbs. and looked and felt great but gradually gained almost all of it back. My goal is to get back down to 170 again. What have you been doing excercise and diet wise???

MJ
Old 12-19-2006, 04:19 AM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi emjay & melody! Pretty new to 3FC's but just LOVE this place - haven't been this motivated in YEARS! (Took off about 60#'s quite a few years back) . . . I'm married/soon to be 46 yr old (Sat) . . . Mother of 2 girls ages 9 and 20 (yeah, I know--weird breeding cycle! ) and an elected union official/manufacturing. I'd love to be chat buds - hardly email at all anymore tho' - how bout if we chat somewhere here ? General section? I Post at "low carb" and also "chicks up for a challenge"/New Year New You mainly.

Just let me know.

PS: Or here in this Thread?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:45 AM   #5  
lose2win

Hi Aud,

Glad to have you chatting w/ us. Also glad you found a ton of motivation here already. It really does the trick for me too. Let's chat here for a while and see if we can pick up a few others and then move our thread somewhere else, sound good? So are you doing any specific low carb program?

Melody and Lindy, hope to hear from you guys soon.

Well I'm off to the gym, I'll check back later.

MJ
Old 12-19-2006, 10:14 AM   #6  

Wlelcome emjay. I have a daughter named Em and a SIL name Jay so thought of that when I saw your post. I'm 57 and just recently found intuitve eating as a different way to lose weight. I have a lot of health problems and take meds that increase the appetite. Good to have you here.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:27 AM   #7  
lose2win

Carol, my emjay is initials spelled out. I have read an intuitive eating book and found it quite interesting. Is there one in particular that you are working from? I'd be interested in reading another (or is there just one?). Too bad about the health problems that really does pose a weight loss challenge (as if it's not challenging enough w/o problems). Thanks for posting hope to hear from you again.

btw, made it to the gym this am. I did a little over 1/2 mile on the treadmill and then 1.5 miles on the elliptical when the good one opened up. Good for me.

MU
Old 12-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #8  

Good job on the exercise! The link to intutive eating is under my name. My favorite IE book is The Overfed Head by Rob Stevens.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

Good "Morning" carol and emjay . . . It's morning for me as a 2nd shifter - but that's about to change with the Holidays and also a lay-off/down time on my Horizon. I LOVE day shift hours so am looking forward to the battle of re-setting my sleep/wake clock!

HOORAY for making it to the gym em! That was one of my goals in the Chicks Up For A Challenge/New Year New You thing . . . haven't been able to make it AT ALL - even tho' the dayum thing is AT MY WORK! On the bright side, I've learned a LOT about the imprtance of water intake from these chicks and have upped mine significantly with GREAT results!

Not sure if I've met Lindy but hoping Melody makes it back . . . I'm cool with staying here chatting - haven't figured out how to "subscribe" to Threads yet - but remembered that this was in "Introductions." Let me know via pm if you move somewhere em.

I mainly walkwalkwalk for cardio - at least 10,000 steps per working day - in a Pedometer Club at work. I've recently discovered Pilates and so far am in LOVE with this practice.

Yes, lc is the ONLY thing that has worked for me over the years (besides dabbling with prescription speed in the late 70's and again in the late 80's----ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooomed the weight off then--LOL! ) . . . This time is different because I'm concentrating on how I FEEL - which is GREAT. I'm listening to my body more - and the cravings/binges have stopped. *Knock on Monitor* Currently, staying on Induction/less than 20 grams carbs per day - but another change this time is that I am not using pork rinds as a scoop to dip into scrambled eggs and bacon!!! Trying for the "clean" protein approach - but do fall back on the beef jerky etc rather than a candy bar at the gas station, you know? Have noticed that I'm becoming a beef-a-holic thru daily menu Postings - as soon as I'm laid off--making a mental note to get some chicken and fish into this household!

Haven't heard of Intuitive Eating at all carol . . . not sure I can trust this 229 lbs of Intuition at this point!!! Hang in there with your condition/meds - I'll click the link when I have more time.

Are you doing any kind of Plan em? Sounds like you've got the exercise part under control.

ttyal . . . gotta go in to work early tonight . . .
Old 12-19-2006, 02:40 PM   #10  
Zandria

S/C/G: 203/203/130

Height: 5'4

Hello all!
I wouldn't mind having a buddy myself. I personally have no buddies off 3FC that are trying to lose weight that I can talk to about my issues. I live in Ohio, I am 22, engaged, no children, but I do have a kitty named Ashley that travels with us to Cincinnati and is getting her own water fountain/cat dish thing that cost $75 for Christmas..lol. I have been overweight most of my life. I was down to 130 when I was 16 and I kept it off till about age 19. I then gradually gained the weight back and haven't tried very hard to loose it until now, because I told myself that I was too busy with school to worry about it. I can talk through 3FC, aim, or email works too!
I'm looking forward to the holidays, how about you all?
Zandria
collegebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone. I haven't been able to get on the computer much these past two days. I am a teacher and we finished up school today so I will be on more through the holidays.

I am using the Weight Watcher plan, but I am not going to meetings right now. I stopped going to save money over the Christmas break and I will start back in late January. At Christmastime we get paid early and have almost 6 weeks between Dec. and Jan. pay so money gets tight in January. Luckily, my husband gets paid twice a month, but he works on commission so the checks go up and down.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Melody
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #12  
lose2win

Welcome Zandria, feel free to join us whenever you want. I think once we get going in introductions they will move us to support groups or something like that, but in the meantime we'll meet her. I have a little pug dog that is as spoiled as your cat, she has a car seat and a stroller. Pretty pathetic huh?

Aud, Where do you work that you have a gym? I'm jealous. I started going on 10/31 and need to up my frequency per week. But better than the nothing I was doing before. It's great that you have some time off, to help you get into the swing of things w/ your diet. I hate the thought of low carbs (I'm a carboholic big time). I tried Atkins once and thought I would die in the first three days. When I lost my 70 lbs. I did low fat diet, actually followed Susan Powter's program, it worked great for me (shoulda made it a lifestyle).

Melody, Done the WW thing so many times I think I could teach the class. The most I ever lost on it was 20 lbs. Works great for most though. Have you done it long? I got sick of paying the money, it gets expensive. You are fortunate to have some time off too. Are you excercising, if so what are you doing?

Carol, Nope that is not the book I read. But I will definately look into that one.

Hope I did not forget anyone. Got to get to bed talk to y'all tomorrow.

MJ
Old 12-20-2006, 01:08 PM   #13  
Zandria

We should all read a book together, like "YOU on a diet", maybe you could even get it at the library. And then we could talk about it. That would be cool! What do yall think?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:25 PM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

My name is aud . . . and I AM a carbaholic!

Exhausted from Posting about my carb binge to my lc buds so will just say here . . .

pieces

of

pie

That's:

EIGHT

4 +4

10-2

Pieces

of

PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to regularly scheduled Fat Chicks . . . cluck freakin' cluck!

Hi Zandria . . . I'm not so good with remembering names so just go with u/n - hope that's alright? Soooooo . . . Hi and welcome cb! I'd like to read a book and discuss . . . found out last night that I'm working the down time (after Christmas week) so ixnay on all that relaxation I was planning. I work in a Union Shop-Manufacturing emjay . . . God Bless Unions! We did have a contracted out Fitness Staff for years - they got the HEAVE HO from the greedy corporate basTURDS just in time for Christmas! But the gym will stay and to the gym I must go . . . I'm really getting into Pilates - going to read a book I checked out about it b4 I buy my own tape.

Please remember to let me know if we're moved via pm . . . I feel sorry for the folks who have no replies to their "Hello, I'm new" Posts in this Introductions Forum. Going to invite them to chat with us - hope that's ok?

Then I'm outta here to bust some 8 pieces of pie MOVES!
Old 12-20-2006, 06:25 PM   #15  
Zandria

Talking To Aud..and all

Aud,
Sure you can call me whatever you want, as long as it sounds nice :smile:. So you ate 8 pieces of pie, eh? Well here's how I feel about that, although you did eat more than you probably should have, I am proud of you for going out and working out right away! ME personally, in that situation, would probably have been all depressed that I did that, but I wouldn't have done anything right away...probably fallen asleep and taken a nap ! So what is this book that you are reading? I am definately open for suggestions!! I love reading these days. Aud, as far as working right away after the holidays..well sometimes you have to do what you have to do. If you really want to relax or have some fun, just do your best to squeeze it in around your job. I personally will be traveling to the other side of Ohio on the 29th and I know that I will not be getting much sleep the entire time. But I have so much fun when I am in Cincinnati that it doesn't bother me..especially when there isn't school or work the next day!!
All, feel free to keep chatting with me. I have an office job until the end of January and so I sit in front of a computer several hours a day..so I usually check 3FC atleast once a day!!
Have a great holiday everyone!