Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-20-2006, 05:51 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Planning for Wednesday, Dec. 20

I stuck to my plan yesterday perfectly (although I exchanged my planned brown rice at dinner for some whole-wheat bread and made little chicken sandwiches). I resisted the big tray of fresh bakery cookies available in the break room at work as well as the free sandwiches--'tis the season to be surrounded by food, right?

Today is my first holiday party of the season. It's just my group at work (9 of us, I think), and we are going out to lunch at a restaurant. I'm planning on ordering something I don't think I'll particularly like so I can just have a few bites and then bring the rest home to Jeff for dinner (then I don't have to cook dinner, either...double bonus ).

I already did my 30 minutes of exercise this morning, so here's a guess at my food for the day:
  • smoothie
  • yogurt
  • potato sausage soup stuff
  • chicken tenders and pineapple w/teriyaki sauce
  • lunch out: estimated 1 cup of pasta w/cheese and meat sauce in my Fitday just as a placeholder--will update when I know what I've had
  • chicken sandwiches - chicken tenders, bacon, Swiss, and soy mayo on whle-grain bread
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:48 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Jill, I just gotta say--YOU ROCK, girl!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Did good yesterday, only did an hour on my bike but thats okay.

B- protein juice; whole wheat toast and scrambled egg whites
S- coffee/tea; banana
L- butternut squash soup; pickles; crackers; maybe some low fat hot dogs
S- 1/2 cup yogurt
D- uh.... not sure
W- 6L
E- just going to jump on my bike for half an hour - will try and do another 30 min this evening as well
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:41 AM   #4  
Fat-be-gone

b - bad, bad, bad

l - healthy choice sweet n sour chicken

s - apple

d - since I ate a big breakfast, I'll probably eat some black beans w, veggies or if I don't want to cook, another healthy choice entree
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

I'm getting sick again, so who knows if I'm going to even eat at all today.

B: English muffin with jam, espresso
S: Apple or .5c edamame
L: Chicken and Peas Curry
S: Orange or Edamame
D: No clue, probably soup due to lack of energy
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

ending up going out for breakfast - had egg, cheese, tomato and ham sandwitch and hashhbrowns... will eat lighter throught out the day

I did get 30 min on my bike those this am, will still try for another 30 later
Old 12-20-2006, 01:10 PM   #7  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

B - 3 pancakes.

L - 1/4 cup brown rice + roasted bell peppers and potatoes (spiced)
1 8 oz container plain ff yogie

S - 3 chinese leek buns

D - some couscous with stir-fried veggies

Going out for drinks and appies tonight so I want to fill myself up as I a) don't drink and b) don't intend to make a meal out of potato skins and what not.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:02 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

whew, survived holiday party #1! I ordered a ziti dish with mushrooms (which I hate) and sausage, and I think I literally only ate less than 10 individual noodles. I had my potato/sausage soup stuff before we left, and I drank a bunch of diet coke while i was there, and that carbonation kept me feeling full. It was an Italian restaurant, and I didn't even have any bread (which they served with a bruschetta that everyone else was raving about, but I didn't touch it). And I passed on the free desserts. If you'd asked me a couple months ago if I could ever have resisted anything like that, I would have laughed in your face, but now, it really wasn't that difficult. I pushed a bunch of the ziti to the side of the dish so it looked like I had eaten quite a bit so no one else would feel awkward or anything. All in all, a GREAT party to remember when I'm trying to resist temptation at the rest of the parties this season!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Good for YOU Jill! I had the same success at last week's office luncheon at a wonderful (and very pricey) Greek restaurant.

BTW, I absolutely LOVE this Kashi brand you ladies turned me onto. I get the oatmeal Kashi, and sometimes add half a banana, and boy does it fill you up for about 200 calories. I thought I couldn't get by throughout the day without my whole grain bagel w/ butter (at about 400 calories w/ the butter) in the morning, but I was wrong.. Glad you all got me eating a better breakfast; it does make a difference with all that fiber and protein (7 grams fiber/9 protein in the Kashi oatmeal) yet I'm consuming about 1/2 the calories.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:54 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Today went well, just finished up some baking - I nibbled a bit while I was making but nothing too major

All and all my day ended up around 1600. Going to jump on my bike for half an hour and then enjoy a bath