Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile Alternachicks- daily chat (December )

A little late getting started this month!

I went to a lovely Christmas bazaar with my mum this morning. We bought some handmade crafts, some Christmas baking, a tortiere for supper tomorrow and a few items at the white elephant sale. I picked up a chinese lantern, the Trivial pursuit genus III game (for $1.00!) and some books. I got a Jorge Cruise book, the Betty Crocker new healthy recipe book and a Patricia Cornwell novell - $2.50 for the lot! I love getting good deals!

We then had a nice cup of tea and some sandwiches at their tea room. A nice way to spend the morning with my mum.

How is everyone's weekend going.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #2  

Good morning everone!

I didn't sleep well last night and had a hard time getting my butt in gear this morning - Lovely sunny day here though!

We are going over today to look at our new office space that we are moving into in February. There is so much work to get done between now and the end of January that I am feeling overwhelmed.

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 12-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

i had a purely do nothing weekend for once and it was nice. hubby is trying his hardest to get me interested in playing WoW but I dunno....

I didn't sleep last night very well either. I'm on my way out and I am pretty sure there will be starbucks in my future... not much of a coffee drinker but i gotta go to work and i'm zombified.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

I had a good weekend. Didn't really do much, which was probably why I enjoyed it.

I ventured out to the mall to shop for my Salvation Army angel. This is the first time I've done one of these. I picked a 5 year old girl that needed pants and wanted a doll. I don't know the first thing about shopping for kids clothes but they listed the size so I head off to the girls department looking for size 12 pants. Well all the size 12 pants I find look like they would fit a 10 year old not a 5 year old so I have to stop and ask a clerk to make sure I'm not missing something. She agrees that size 12 seems big for a 5year old unless she's just a "big girl". Now I'm sad because here is a child who already comes from an underprivileged home and it appears that she is overweight too. I'm also angry because how does a 5 year old get to be overweight? But I quickly realized that I need to just focus on giving this little girl a happy christmas so I got her a couple of cute outfits and the doll that she wanted.

I walked around the rest of the mall while I was there, but I'm not much of a window shopper. I prefer to shop with a list, the get in, get it, and get out method.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:31 PM   #5  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

HI ALL!!

I have been keeping busy with the horse and the weather (mud, cold) and the BSG forum crew.

Glad to see so many of you hanging in there...the holidays are tough...my philosophy is to not deprive myself...instead I just nibble or graze and skip the big sit down part. Like on Thankgiving...I had just a few bites of everything at dinner and left room for grazing afterward and of course pie.

I made it through with out so much as a burb from the scale. Yeah!

Of course spending a good hour everyday - sometimes more - walking my horse and working with him - could be helping the metabolism a tiny bit.

He is so smart and adorable - really suits his name or vice versa - Kaipo means Sweetheart. He learns really fast - at 7 mos old, he is learning verbal commands, left, right, stop, easy, no, wait, and of course, good boy.

Good Boy = treats and will result in Kai chewing on my pockets if I jip him.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #6  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Hi chicks!

I am around, but I haven't been able to even read much. I am still trying to figure out everything at work. I am still unpacking, and trying to put up my tree. Also trying to clean up the apartment. The boy gets his tonsils out tomorrow. So I also get to take care of him, but I like that bit.

Enjoying the weather. I have been able to get out and walk some, which is great. I am not exactly actively trying to diet, but I am getting out more, so that should help. Right now I am just trying to focus on not gaining.

I hope everyone is doing well!!! Hopefully I will have a few minutes to pop in this weekend...
Old 12-07-2006, 01:37 PM   #7  

Glad you are doing well Squeaker!

Got to work today and had 5 or six things thrown at me in the first 15 minutes - I could feel a headache starting!

Got a break at lunch and went for a walk, browsed in a book store, picked up some Christmas items - brain is now clear and ready to go again!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #8  

Default I gave in to free food at the office today....

I gave in to the free food that was brought into the office today, but it was a good thing. The free food was actually good for me. We have a whole case of Washington apples and then someone brought in hydroponic bibb lettuce that is about 98% organic. His father has a farm and had some leftover after deliveries.

What a nice change. Most of the time it is cookies, cakes, popcorn, and donuts. It's nice that people are bringing in healthier options. Everybody at the office appreciates it.

So I have 3 heads of lettuce and I'm thinking lettuce wraps or a big salad for dinner this weekend.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:49 PM   #9  

That's great Spideranne!

We only have a small bowl of chocolates and some cherry flavoured candy canes - which is great cause I don't like them!

Busy day today with housework, laundry and getting ready for the holidays.

My hubby is trying to get me into playing WOW with him and I am close to caving in as one of my girlfriends plays and so does her husband.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #10  
Cute & Fluffy

Don't do it Mauvais! It is rather addictive. Actually my boyfriend got me into it, and I have a lot of fun with it. I would suggest the 2 week trail to see if you like it first.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #11  

Well ladies, I had a bad weekend. DH wanted to go out to dinner Fri. night. We went to a steak house, which was fine with me because I really don't like steak. I did decent. Had some grilled shrimp with veggies and a salad. But then on Sat. I made a conscience decision to binge. I planned out the grocery list, but I knew I would be getting a black forest cheese cake dessert thing. I even packed a plastic spoon and napkin in my purse because I knew I would eat it in the car. How sad is that. Then that night we decided to get pizza and I ate 1/2 a medium pizza. Today I made another trip to the store and ended up with a chocolate bar. I only ate half, but still.

The biggest frustration is I don't know why or what brought this on. I have not been hungry eating what I've been eating and I like all of the foods. Work and home life are about the same, no major stresses or emotional upheaval. It's like a little thought gets planted in my head and I am powerless to resist it.

The good news is, I appear to be past this. I am ready to start another week worth of healthy eating and going to the gym. And I'm almost positive I can make it through the holiday's without another "episode".

I'm hoping everyone had a much better weekend then me. Anyone do anything fun??
Old 12-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #12  

Ugh! I hate when that happens Spideranne. Every so often I get into a "ah-screw it!" mentality and pig out for a day then come to my senses.

I had a visit with a friend on Sunday morning, we had tea, scones and a nice chat.

When I got home I decided to take advantage of the +3 weather and put up the Christmas lights on the front porch, pack up some leftover summer items (a bit late, huh? ) and then put up the tree in the livingroom.

All in all I had a lovely day.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #13  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Don't mind me, I am rambling. I can't seem to stay modivated! I know it is partially because EVERYTHING is going wrong in my life. (teenager ran away, then sent him to live with his aunt in CA) (hubby lost job) (contemplating moving to FL) (trying to sell home while in depressed economy) BUT I can not let life get in my way! I have done this tooooo many times. I said this was it. I was READY to make the weight come off. I am purging the house of things I don't LOVE. I would really like to be able to get rid of the fat clothes as I have an entire waredrobe of size 18's ready to wear. I am currently in size 22/24. I am so sick of the baggy frumpy stretched out stuff I have been wearing for the past year and half, and the majority of the time I was pg! I NEED to get back on track and STAY there!
Old 12-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #14  

flower - sorry to hear that you have so many worries at the moment.

I'm getting completely stressed out with the move at work - it seems that I make arrangements then the plan gets changed two days later! GRRR We only have 5 weeks to get everything sold, packed,and moved.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:02 AM   #15  
Cute & Fluffy

Sorry to hear of your troubles flower.

Hope the move works out and they stop changing the plan Mauvais!
Closed Thread