General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Height: 5'5

Default Why Are YOU Person of the Year?

As you may or may not know Time magazine made "You" Person of the Year. I would like to first of all congratualte you all! And second I would like ask you why are you person fo the year?

I am person of the year because I survived Father Chase's Old English Class

Why are YOU Person of the Year?

Mirth
Old 12-18-2006, 07:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm person of the year because:
  • I've endured a second year of being president of my charity group
  • I've endured starting a new job
  • I've endured driving the kids to school every day (it's an hour round trip) and many days I've also picked them up. On charity days, I put in a third trip.....
  • I've lost 30+ pounds

And congratulations to the rest of YOU!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:32 AM   #3  

I am person of the year because I survived the death of my two year old son....and I still get up every morning and try to live a good life.

Liz
Old 12-19-2006, 07:42 AM   #4  

Liz,

You certainly deserve more than person of the year...I don't even know what to say except that I'm impressed by your strength and that I'll think of you.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Liz, my goodness, Person of the Year just doesn't seem quite adequate enough for what you have gone through. I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:39 PM   #6  

Thank you for your kind thoughts....I didn't mean to side track the thread...it is just one of my greatest accomplishments.....I want to hear all about you all as well.

xoLiz
Old 12-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #7  
No description available.

Oh my, Liz....hugs and tears and prayers to you. I am so very sorry.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:50 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Liz, I am truley sorry for your loss.
At your request,

I am person of the year because I went from full time to part time at my job so I can raise my children.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:56 PM   #9  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Liz, I'm sorry.

I'm person of the year because I took Real Analysis again. I failed it last year, and this year I got a big fat B!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 02:15 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I hate to sound snotty but I don't feel like I've done anything special to be the person of the year. I've been thru a lot...the loss of a husband, a baby, a son at war (which happens the be the hardest thing ever), I volunteer, send cards to sick children, to the troops, raised 3 kids but I don't think I've done anything more special than any other mother would do. All I can say is...I AM a survivor...I did what I had to do, and I do what I have to do. This is my journey and no matter the downfalls I pick myself up and keep going. I am just me, no one special and definitely not person of the year.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #11  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

My heart goes out to liz and christina i am married with 4 kids and that question has come up alot of what would you do if you loss one
I dont know ,i dont want to think about it so to both of you that had to deal with the loss and had to do it, feel it
all i can say is im sorry so very sorry ..........................

as for me i am like christina in a way i havent dealt with death but i lost my 16 yo son to the system for a year (he was a bad boy and got caught) this is our first christmas not being together
17 1/2 daughter sprung it on me she's preg. and told me too late so she's keeping it , i now embrase being a sexy grandma at 34 and my husband has graduated the police academy which meant he was gone for 9 months no b-day no wedding anivasary etc
but thats just part of life
roll with the punches no matter how black and blue they make you .....
you will heal and get back in the fight
Michelle
Old 12-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Liz and Christina... I am so sorry for your losses.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:26 AM   #13  

Im Sorry Cristina...I Disagree...you are person of the year
Life isn't easy for anyone and we all deserve some credit for choosing to breathe in and out everyday which is not something everyone is strong enough to do especially when you lose people you care about, the people that make life easier and more worthwhile.

You ARE person of the year...so is everyone that that lived and died this year cause they had an impact on the world just by being.Its not about special its about being present (or having been present)

So *yay* us...We are people of the year and kings and queens of the world!!
Old 12-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #14  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

After what I've endured since Nov. 2004, I feel like a trampled on person of the year. But thankfully before that hit, I managed to stop smoking in 2001 and begin my new fitter self in 2002. And made it through over a year of heartache and a nightmarish situation without taking back up the smoking or the weight. And managed to have a beautiful son in the middle of it all. I may not be person of the year, but If you ask my son in a few more years, he may have a different answer.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Quote:
Life isn't easy for anyone and we all deserve some credit for choosing to breathe in and out everyday which is not something everyone is strong enough to do especially when you lose people you care about, the people that make life easier and more worthwhile.

You ARE person of the year...so is everyone that that lived and died this year cause they had an impact on the world just by being.Its not about special its about being present (or having been present)

So *yay* us...We are people of the year and kings and queens of the world!!
You know Mirth, that does make sense and I do agree especially about "It's not about being special it's about being present." Thank you! And, what doesn't kill us definitely makes us stronger.

And lots of hugs to you MICHELLE!

Almostheaven...that definitely was me...trampled on person of the year. WTG on not taking up smoking again...that in itself is a big accomplishment!
Closed Thread