South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 07:36 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Chat - Week of December 18

Since this is such a hectic time, not everyone has time to post so let's try a weekly thread. Try to pop in just to say "Hi", OK?

Big week ahead of me with decorating, some wrapping, cooking and way too much holiday partying. Some of this stuff should be moved to January. Actually one of the usual events was changed to January 18th this year! Great idea!

I don't even want to talk about food! I avoided eating anything at the birthday party yesterday but got invited to the "family" dinner afterwards. Can you imagine doing prime rib for over 30 people! It was absolutely delicious though. Today's menu will include lots of water, salad and low fat protein!

Have a super day and do something to take care of yourself even if it's just as simple as taking five minutes and massaging in hand cream!
Old 12-18-2006, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!
This will be quick because I have an early morning hair appt. Ruth, it's so hard to stay totally OP this time of year, but I think if we eat well in between the partying, we should at least be able to maintain. I didn't do too bad yesterday, but I did indulge in a little dessert.
Gotta run for now!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:32 AM   #3  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Girlies!

You are so right about this time of year being stressful and hard to stay on plan. I did good until yesterday.... Saturday I weighed in at 191 but I got on the scale this morning and was 192.5! I had to start making and baking our Christmas gifts for this year. I made 2 64 oz cookie jars filled with chocolate chip cookie mix. We had extra ingredients left over so I made a batch for Daniel and a batch for him to take to work... oooo I had to try one! I'm a big sucker for the cookie dough on the mixer attachments. I grew up on that! Guess thats where I gained!

Tomorrow or Thursday I have to make a Chocolate Truffle Cake and some Chocolate and Vanilla cookies. Thankfully the cookies will be a Splenda recipe so it won't be tooo terribly bad.

This morning I'm already starting off bad.... my cats took a lot of time to get into their bedroom this morning so I didn't get my usual eggs and water before heading off to work. So I stopped at hardees. (Don't worry.... the grease is already punishing my stomach enough to make me regret it! ) I'll have to get a salad and big jug of water to flush that out at lunch!

Tonight is my last Algebra quiz.... Its on Rational Expressions and Roots and Radicals I'll have to spend all day studying for this one cause I'm sure it's going to be tough. I got an email back from the writing and math resource center saying that my rough draft of my paper was perfect and needed no changes. Thank God! That's due Wednesday along with my lovely final exam!

Thankfully I'll be off from school a full week after Christmas. My boss has yet to give me a Christmas bonus! I need it bad. I think we only get the Friday before Christmas off and New Years Day.... I feel like I'm being jipped out of some vacation!

I goto the Nutritionist this Saturday.... I'm still nervous.

Ok I've done enough blabbing to write a novel..... off to study for 8 hours!
Old 12-18-2006, 10:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Monday morning, everybody!

Ruth:Great idea starting a weekly chat! I know that my posts may be few and far between for the next few weeks. It's been hard for me to stay OP as well. Especially with all of the goodies rolling into the office lately! Hope your week is productive and that you don't get Christmased out before it's even Christmas!

Cottage:Wow! You're a busy lady! I guess it means that its a lot of exercise, though!

Chellez:I bet you're REALLY looking forward to that time off from school! Good luck on your quiz!

ME:Well, I have not been OP much in the last few days. I start off doing well in the morning and most the time I'm okay until after lunch. Then I just end up eating whatever everyone else is eating. We had our nephew all weekend, so I think that drained a little bit of my energy for cooking. We ended up eating pizza one night. Ugh. Oh well. I didn't even get on the scale this morning, but I'm on the right track with breakfast and my workout out of the way!

There's a lot of stress going on around the house right now. My BIL took off for a black & white ball with his girlfriend this weekend and left nephew with us. We were happy to do it. He didn't leave us any food for him and also didn't let us know when he would be picking him up. He showed up Sunday and when we confronted him about it, he acted like he was doing us a favor by letting us watch nephew all weekend. Well, I do believe he's lost a babysitter for a few months at least. The only thing I'm really worried about is that he will take it out on us by not letting us see our nephew for Christmas. I think we're just going to have to be strong and deal with it. BIL has to learn that nephew is HIS responsibility and that nephew comes BEFORE girlfriend. It just breaks my heart, but if we give in, he'll just continue to walk all over us. That's not fair to us and I know that. I just hope all of this blows over soon!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:31 AM   #5  

Hi all Weekly thread sounds good to me Ruth!!!
Chellez: Boy I'm glad I'm not there! Everything sounds so Yummalish!!! Good Luck on your test! I think I aced my course! But I really gotta hunker down and really learn all these formulas!
Cottage: I cancelled my hair appt-- I came down with a doozy of a headache but rescheduled for tomorrow!
Kim: Sorry to hear about BILs attitude and hope he straightens up! I hope he doesn't withhold Xmas with his aunt and uncle-- he'd only be hurting his son.

Ruthie dahlink..a Pollyanna is when you buy a Xmas gift - bring it to a party, and exchange it with someone else. The twist is that each participants picks a number -based on your number is when you pick from the pile of gifts.. However, when your turn comes to pick, you can "steal" a gift from someone who has already picked forcing them to pick from the pile... and so it goes, the last person can steal anyones gift or take the last one... slightly devilish! Tis why you shouldn't get particularly attached to your gift

Ok have much to do !!! zip zip off I go!
Old 12-18-2006, 01:07 PM   #6  
budding cinephile

Wow.... it's one o'clock and I'm still feeling heavy from this morning's greasy breakfast. I got Daniel to get me a salad and water for lunch and I didn't even touch it! I'm saving it for dinner when hopefully I dont feel some icky.

Studying for the quiz is going well. I feel like I'm going to do a lot better on the roots and radicals portion than the rational expressions (I thought it would be the other way around)

Schatzi: you're not toooo far away.... you can come cheat with me! it's brain food I promise
Old 12-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #7  

Talking Well...I'm back

Hi everyone -

I just wanted to re-introduce myself. My name is Anna I had been on SBD at the beginning of this year for about 4 months. Then my life got busy and stressful and I've gained all the weight back I'd worked so hard to lose. So I'm giving it another go (But just so I don't mess up right from the start, I think I'll start after the holidays. At least this time around, I know exactly what will need to be done (I think I can recite the P1 list from memory...ha ha). I've also joined Curves, which I think will help a lot.

Have a good day everyone!!
Old 12-18-2006, 05:07 PM   #8  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Welcome back Anna

As for everyone else staying OP I am in the same boat. Candy...candy...candy...it won't go away and those holiday cookies...what can I say. I am good at keeping up with eating good for my three meals. I don't eat all that FAT FOOD but...well I work in the kitchen and that is where everyone drops off the goodies. For awhile I was putting them in the lunch room but they seem to have legs. The goodies always seem to find thier way back into the kitchen.

At least all the birthday parties for my kids are done. I am still working on finishing my school work. I have until Jan. 12 to get two chapters and 2 term papers done. I think I can manage. Maybe I'll be able to put up my tree.

Hope all is well with everyone.
Two Peas
Old 12-19-2006, 07:27 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Well, I may have to break down and go to a shopping centre today! I have not been to one this season but need to replace a library book that has mysteriously disappeared. It's "The Jade Peony" and I've not finished it either. I'm to lead the discussion at my book club on January. Of course, I may just find it today as I'm on a lucky streak!

There's a bit more wrapping to do, a bit more decorating which is optional, silver polishing, my goodie baskets to make and some cooking ahead for my after Church party on Christmas Eve. I have been doing this for 22 years. When I'm 96 and in a wheel chair, I think it will still be expected!

Have a good and productive day, Beauties, and stay strong on Temptation Tuesday!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:47 AM   #10  
budding cinephile

Rise and shine ladies!

So I bombed my quiz last night. Thankfully I had some extra credit built up that I could get a 75.8 but that's still terrible in my opinion. I'm going to retake the quiz today at home and hopefully I do much much better. I'm printing out my project today as well and it looks sweet! I went above and beyond what was asked of me but the professor doesn't seem to give 2 hoots. I wish I could strangle him I have my final tomorrow so hopefully everything works out ok.... its open note so I should do fine I'd think.

I started the morning out right. The cats were nice enough to go in their room and I was able to cook the last of my eggs and throw them in a container to rush off to work. I guess I'll have to stop by the store and pick up some things to make the splenda cookies and chocolate truffle cake tonight.

I have a mountain of laundry to do. Honestly I wish I could go home and do all of these things instead of wasting my time here at work doing nothing. I have a OBGYN appointment at 12 so I'll get out for a little while. Maybe I'll play hookie and go home for an hour or so after I get out.

I found myself making up words to Christmas songs this morning about South Beach Diet driving to work. I was bored so I was singing about how Santa is getting skinny and giving up milk and cookies for veggies and lean meat. Whatever keeps me entertained right?

Well I'm off to print out my project and get this crazy TBL challenge together.... later chickies!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:04 AM   #11  

back AnnaRenee! There's always room on the beach for returnees and newbies!

Chellez - ah, I feel fer ya doll ..I hope that that scroogy professor takes your extra work into consideration... What a hoot making up SB Xmas songs!

2peas-- January 12th will be here before you know it!

Ruth- Well with the luck you've been having before you run out to the store think hmmmm, were would it be??? Maybe you moved it when you were getting that antique desk moved in? Is it in the button jar !

Most exxxciting day! I get to shampoo the carpets.. take the doggage for their walk and wrap the final gifts...then to the hairstylist---
Old 12-19-2006, 09:32 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Holy smokes! I just called my friend Claire to see if she was going to town and could get me that book AND SHE HAS A BRAND NEW COPY THAT"S NEVER BEEN READ! There isn't even a dedication on the fly-leaf so I can give it back to the Library. I am definitely buying a lottery ticket today!

Lucy went upstairs and got into last year's tree decorations. She munched the old candy canes and chomped a couple of crocheted snowflakes. I guess the season has begun!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #13  

WELCOME BACK, ANNA!

Ruth: Let us know how much your lottery winnings are! That really is a lucky streak you've got going!

Schatzi: Busy as always, I see! Good luck at the stylist's!

Chellez: Too bad about your quiz...good thing you had the extra credit to bring it up, though!

ME: Well, good news and bad news here! Bad news first: TOM came, so I guess we're not pregnant yet. Jason was a little upset, but I'm not really. I know it could take a while and the more time it takes me to get preggers, the more time I have to lose a little more weight!

Good news: the paperwork for my promotion was signed this morning! I'm not too sure how long it will take to process, but at least it's on its way. I don't think there's anything that can keep it from going through, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

SB news: Well, I haven't been OP, but Jason and I had a long, hard talk last night and we're just going to eat better in general. Everything in moderation from here on out. I'll follow the basic principles of SB, but I'm worried that it may not be the healthiest thing for me if I do get preggers and don't know it for a while. We're also going to start walking the dogs at least 5 times a week for a half hour or so. As long as the weather holds out.

Well, have a great day!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Well, I won $200 on a scratch and win ticket! I gave it to the Toy Drive and am very happy about it.
By the way, it's SNOWING!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #15  

How great, Ruth! That's a lot of toys for the kids! I think it's awesome that you're using your luck to benefit others!
Closed Thread