Old 12-16-2006, 10:28 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Why Oh Why...

Looking at my ticker, it says 14 pounds to go. Why does that 14 pounds seem SO unattainable....yet isn't really THAT much when you think of it? Is it this time of year? Or is it that I'm not "into" losing the weight right now (too many "goodies" I think I'm missing out on type thing). Ever have these days when questions just plague you and you wonder what on earth is going on and you just don't feel like you're doing things right so why bother trying?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:40 AM   #2  

Hi Brenda, It's all relative. If you weigh 180 right now 154 looks terrific!!!!!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:54 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Brenda, when I was only 13 lbs. to goal, I thought it would never come off. I couldn't get the scale to move. I went back and reviewed my food and exercise journal and tried to imitate what I was doing to have lost the other lbs. Over time, I had gotten a little more lenient and it made all the difference. I had to buckle down. Treat those last lbs. as seriously as I did the first ones. I know what you mean about "missing out" on all the goodies. I have to constantly remind myself that weight loss and maintenance is more important in the long run. Your goal is completely attainable and you will reach it. Don't give up. I see you on here a lot and you are to be commended for maintaining the wt. loss that you have achieved. That in itself is a big accomplishment.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I think its all the same. No matter what you have to loose. I now have 100lbs to loose, and Im feeling the same thing you are with your lbs. Regardless as to how much you have to loose, you feel like you are never going to get there.

But you will and so will I. I read somewhere a quote that went something like this.... one usually gives up right before a breakthru to success is about to happen. Kinda made sense to me....when I got down to only 38lbs left to loose.......I gave up. Im about back to where I started

So, dont give up...keep at it and you'll break thru, and make your goal.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:33 AM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Make some lc goodies that are just for you brendanerb . . . that's my plan for the holiday deprivation feeling anyhoo. This too shall pass.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote