Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #1  

Question Nv?

So has anyone tried this? I wonder what it does and if it works?! Thanks for any help!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I looked it up. Interesting, it looks like a standard diet pill and to its credit, it doesn't have synephedrine which most seem to have these days. It has some mood enhancers to help you try to feel good.

The most interesting thing is apparently it is supposed to be a "beauty" pill and has some things in it which I thought were only good on the outside of the body, not on the inside including: Collagen, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Coenzyme Q10.

It is pretty expensive and if there are any ingredients in it that you like, it'd probably be better and cheaper to research those ingredients seperately and try them out at a fraction of the price at your local drug store.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:14 PM   #3  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Ok, I know that "diet" pills aren't good for you, but I do sometimes try interesting ones. I have been on NV (not religiously) for about a month and I really like the beauty aspects of it. My skin isn't dry at all, which it normally is this time of year and especially since I have been taking some chilly evening rides on my motorcycle. Plus, it really has made my nails strong! Also, I don't feel weird while taking it like some pills have made me feel. I agree, though, that it is expensive and I probably should just research the ingredients and buy those items. As far as hunger control, I think it helps and I do eat less, but I still get hungry while taking it. All in all I like it ok.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:13 PM   #4  
it's always something

rebleridergirl, has your diet improved since you started taking it? The reason I'm asking is that the so-called "beauty complex" included in NV contains such a tiny amount that it would be impossible to have an effect, where a better diet and drinking more water would.

It contains collagen, alpha lipoic acid, coq10, and biotin. However, it only contains a total of 11 mg of all of those combined. Even if worked, most collagen supplements contain 500 to 5,000 mg per serving. Alpha lipoic acid dosages usually average 100 to 300mg daily. Coq10 starts at 50mg, with most people taking 100mg daily. I'm not sure how they think 11mg total is going to do any good. I think they put it there for name only.

I guess I'm not as impressed with the product. They have a pretty package, and a pretty spokeswoman that was probably paid 6 figures to endorse it, even though she's always been gorgeous and in great shape.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #5  

I looked at it tonight at CVS and saw that it cost 30 us dollars . I will wait for it to go on sale . I always have to check though, as everyone should with any pill ,the drugs that it can't be mixed with . I am on a thyroid pill which prohibits me from taking alot of things . Even some sinus meds.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:51 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I bought an interesting "beauty" pill at CVS. It was Lifefitness "Hair and Nails formula". I noticed CVS had a lot of supplements that dealt with hair, nails and complexion issues and they were under $10. The supplements are supposed to give you a little boost but really they can't take the place of a proper diet. I've noticed since I've cleaned up my diet, my nails are stronger, my complexion is clearer and my hair has even calmed down. If you eat junk, then your body will have to replenish itself with junk. If you eat good stuff and drink plenty of water then your body can help you have a good complexion with strong hair and nails. I also recommend a general multivitamin.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:00 AM   #7  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I confess-I am one of those people that is forever in search of something to atleast help things along......
I bought some NV at Walmart a few days ago and it was $22.00-regular price. A little cheaper than drugstores-but so is everything at Walmart. I am a Walmart ADDICT.

I wanted to add, though...
I do agree with Suzanne on the whole Carmen Electra endorsement. I have never seen that woman with so much as a single dimple of cellulite. She was always gorgeous and thin, so I don't see how that is any kind of testimonial to this product's effectiveness. It's just another eye-catcher for the sell.

Last edited by rebeleagle1965; 11-30-2006 at 01:12 AM. Reason: About Carmen Electra...
Old 12-15-2006, 08:13 PM   #8  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Ok I finished my bottle of NV. One bottle only comes with enough for about two weeks taken as advised.
I didn't notice anything. Didn't lose a single pound. Granted, I only took it for two weeks, but I didn't notice any extra energy or appetite suppressing effects, so I'm not going to plunk down another bill to find out if it would do anything eventually.
Closed Thread