Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-15-2006, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/195/155

Height: 5'7

Default frustrated..how long?

I know that it take time to lose weigh, but how long does it take to see results. Its only been two weeks but i have been working out everyday, eating good foods, no more pop or sweets. I have just been trying sooo hard, when will it start to pay off? Thank you.
50lbstomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Well, when did you start? According to your avatar you started at 210 and now are at 202, that sounds like progress to me. It does take time, you have to be patient.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:01 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I was thinking exactly what Cheryl said... it takes time. You better get a head start on waiting for it to happen because when you get down closer to your goal weight, there are going to be longer gaps between losses. BUT, don't get discouraged... we're all going through - or have gone through - those changes so we will be here to sympathize with you and help you out!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:02 AM   #4  

well i started two weeks ago, and i was 202 then, i was 210 a few months back. i just have been turning down all the christmas goodies and working out everyday, yet my jeans are no looser.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:12 AM   #5  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Someone compared losing weight (at different starting weights) to that of a paper towel. When the paper towel roll's new, it's difficult to notice a change when only 3-4 sheets have been used. However, a well used paper towel roll (i.e. one without many sheets left) will show changes in paper towel removal better. Think about it, you have a pack of 200 napkins, take away 10, it kinda looks the same. You have a pack of 15 napkins, take away 5 and it looks smaller.

Why are all my posts to your question depressing? I'm so sorry.

I'm actually at the point where I'm having trouble losing weight but I'm eating better and making daily exercise mandatory for myself. To be honest, I haven't budged (weight or inches) but MAN do I feel invigorated, happy and better about myself. How about focusing on the emotional aspect of your lifestyle change as opposed to the physical (scale) aspect until you lose more weight? If anything, it will help you get to know yourself and love yourself, which is a major accomplishment!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #6  

thank you guys very much, you make me feel better, and like im not alone in feeling frustrated. i do feel like i have a little more energy. Im trying to lose 25lbs by mid march, is that reasonable?
Old 12-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

i think that is almost reasonable. i try to only set myself a goal of about 4 to 5 pounds per month. so, i am hoping to drop about 20 by the end of march myself. so far, not really much progress, but i also haven't really been working on keeping count of my calories until just 2 days ago. and today, we are having our christmas luncheon at work, so there goes that. (trust me...there is nothing healthy in that room today!!) but i dont' let it worry me. i know I am going to the gym today and burn 300 calories and tomorrow and burn 300 calories and maybe sunday i'll take the kids to the park if it's not too cold. and over the weekend i'll make sure i eat a little healthier too. don't worry, it will come. I lost 30 pounds and only went down one pants size. but then i realize, that the reason i started to lose weight is because my size 16 pants were getting too small and i refused to go buy 18's. so i lost weight instead. now i am in 14's but want to get down to at least an 8. that is my ultimate goal. or maybe a 6.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #8  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

You've definitely got to give it more the two weeks. Those TV shows that make it look like you see results right away just aren't realistic. You didn't put this weight on overnight, you aren't going to lose it overnight. And the slower you lose it, the more likely that you'll be able to maintain your loss.

I started counting calories and exercising 5-6 days per week on Nov 7 05. I first remember noticing a visible difference at the end of December. I'm sure I started to see a difference sooner than that, but it was gradual so it's hard to pinpoint a date. That's when I first remember looking in the mirror and saying "wow, I look great." I gotta warn you, though, the difference was visible to me but not to many other people. No one that didn't already know I was dieting spontaneously commented on my weight loss until around February or March.

In the beginning I was frustrated, impatient, and really worried that I wouldn't be able to lose weight. What really helped me get through that phase was setting a long term goal for myself. I told myself that if I would stick with my program until the end of February and if I didn't see any results by then, I would do something different. Having that goal helped me get past the lack of progress in the short term and by the time February rolled around it was pretty obvious that it was working.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #9  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

I think 25 lbs by March is very reasonable, you might need to do something else with your food intake to stay on track though. Lots of gals around here will tell you this also, journal your food (including quantities), you can then enter that info at fitday.com. It will tell you how many calories you are eating and give you a breakdown of carbs/protein/fat. Its a good place to start from because starting out, alot of us didn't realize how many calories we were actually consuming. For me, its taken about 10 months to lose 25 lbs, but i've taken months off where i've just maintained and not really been eating that well. So if you stay on track, I think you will reach your goal, but keep in mind, it will probably happen 1 lb at a time, so it wont all happen this month! GOod luck!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #10  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Someone compared losing weight (at different starting weights) to that of a paper towel. When the paper towel roll's new, it's difficult to notice a change when only 3-4 sheets have been used. However, a well used paper towel roll (i.e. one without many sheets left) will show changes in paper towel removal better. Think about it, you have a pack of 200 napkins, take away 10, it kinda looks the same. You have a pack of 15 napkins, take away 5 and it looks smaller.
Wow, thats a really good comparison. It made me feel better about my own weight loss efforts, that even though you cant notice it now, the smaller i get the more u will be able to tell. Thank you for helping me, even if it was indirectly!
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:58 PM   #11  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Your Doing GREAT and Thank positive! Dont Give Up

XOx
Lose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:03 PM   #12  

thank you all so much. its so great to know im not alone.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/166/140

I'm a newbie too. Its always hard to be patient in things. I think society does too much for us too soon so its hard to wait it out. It sounds like you've got good goals though, so as I encourage you, I'm encouraging myself. Celebrate the small steps. From week to week celebrate those 1 or 2 pounds you may lose. And hey, even if the weight stays the same for the week, celebrate that. Just think back to a time when it was so easy to gain 2 or so pounds, right now all I can be thankful for is to hopefully NEVER put on more than I am now. So every time you celebrate a loss, celebrate a pound you'll never have again!
nubiancooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #14  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I started around the same weight you did and now weigh about what you want to weigh. It took me 10 months and a lot of patients.

best of luck
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:36 AM   #15  
LLV

I didn't start seeing noticeable results until I was about 40 pounds down. When you weigh as much as we do starting out, it takes a while before you're going to see anything. Visibly, that is.

You're on the right track, keep going. And yes, it will pay off. I've lost over 85 pounds and I'm now wearing a size 6 jeans.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote