Old 12-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #1  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Unhappy Overdo and OverDON'T :|

Those seem to be my only modes... either I'm half killing myself, or I'm a big lazy blob :| I can't find a happy medium to save my life. I'm firmly stuck in overdon't mode right now... to try and motivate, I went and bought a new exercise video, and the Oxygen Clean Eating issue, (very informative, btw and some great recipes) but I'm just...stuck. Maybe it's the novelty of having internet at home again after almost 2 years...lol I DID get up to do the simple workout on the new dvd the other day, cause my butt was numb from sitting at this computer all day...

I dunno, I'm having a serious case of the blahs... and the fibro is acting up too... I'm officially starting a mini goal on Monday, maybe it will be the kick in the really big pants that I need.
PNG 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Do you have any kind of exercise classes that you can go to? For me, packing that gym bag every night and leaving it by the door makes it easier for me to exercise. And doing stuff with other people is fun--I don't know that I would have stuck with exercise if I hadn't started with classes. I know that several people in my water aerobics class have fibromyalgia, so I think it's a great exercise for people with that health issue.

Good luck with your minigoals. Check out the daily commitments thread and post your commitment there--it's great for accountability.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #3  
It's been so long...

Thanks... the only exercise classes and gyms we have here are either at the college (get hives just thinking about it) The Golds Gym, that's been 18 other overpriced gyms in the last 8 years...lol and...erm, oh yeah, Curves, all a bit out of my reach, and I won't even let my family see me exercise lol, makes for scheduling issues too. I have a huge assortment of videos, everything from old Richard Simmons VHS, to the Carmen Electra set... lol a recumbent bike, loads of weights, and walking... that's about it... it's just when I DO do it, I always seem to push too hard, and end up hurting.

I still have to figure out what my mini goal is gonna be, ha, I'm procrastinating :| I definitely plan to post in the threads though, that's what brought me back... I NEED the accountability factor and support of people who *get* it.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #4  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi png!

For me, I found that when I started my weight loss journey I needed to lose some weight FIRST through diet. Once I lost about 25 lbs. I felt stronger and lighter. I then started walking a bit each day, building up to 45 minutes to an hour. The walking helped me lose more weight. Then I could walk for a longer amount of time.

When the weather got bad I started working out in my living room with Richard Simmons. This helped me to lose more weight, and I didn't have to worry about anyone watching me be goofy or uncoordinated either!

After losing more weight I was able to do more and have more choices with different DVDs, but I will always be grateful to Richard Simmons and Leslie Sansone for being there with me when I was starting out!

I wish you much success, and I KNOW that you will find a plan that will help you reach your goal!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/251/145

Height: 5'4"

PNG - I can totally relate. It's so hard to find that happy medium.... for me it's always been all or nothing. This is the first time that I'm not holding myself to the "model dieter" standard.... if I did, I would have already failed by now. Instead I'm making small changes each day that are helping me to retrain my brain and my habits. Today I did not get any exercise in, but I did cut up lots of veggies to keep on hand as snacks, drink lots of water, and dig out my old Sweatin to the Oldies Tape. They are all steps in the right direction... and that's what I'm going for right now.... because enough steps in the right direction will get me to where I want to be.

So, my biggest challenge right now is exercising. I own every workout tape known to man, but they all collect dust. If you are in need of some extra motivation, you and I could start an exercise challenge. I know you mentioned that have the biggest loser dvd.... so what do you think???
Nalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:52 PM   #6  
It's been so long...

Nalynn, sure lets see what we can come up with, I hit a slight bump, so maybe we can start it next week? My back is out :| not from overdoing... just one of those things that slaps me down when I'm getting too uppity... so for me, until it's back to normal... I think I'll be lucky to be able to pedal.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

well here's a blast from the past!!! PNG..how the heck are you?! I think I met you here like 3 years ago or so?

It's great to see you!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:00 PM   #8  
It's been so long...

hihi, yup, I've pulled myself out of the depths of.... well, wherever the heck I was...lol to get started yet again Doing good, same general complaints... lol, but I'm kicking the crap out of them... or at least trying to LOL!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNG 2 View Post
Those seem to be my only modes... either I'm half killing myself, or I'm a big lazy blob

I understand exactly what you are saying. I havent quite figured out how to wrap my brain around the concept of this being a lifestyle change and not just a diet. A diet has a beginning and an end and I'm either doing it 100% perfectly or I'm not dieting at all... and then I give myself permission to eat anything I want at any time...because I'm not on a diet!

This week, I have put off starting my diet again because my husband and I are going away for the weekend for our anniversary. Who wants to try to stay on plan when we have reservations at a couple of fancy restaurants. I want to eat whatever I want and not worry if the food is on my plan.

Honestly, I know that I will not be able to lose the amount of weight I need to lose to get to a healthy weight (that also looks good!) and maintain the loss unless I learn to make this a lifestyle. I also need to get over the feeling that making these changes deprives me of so much enjoyment that I feel so entitled to. There will always be something to celebrate or something to mourn. Am I going to turn to food everytime? I know I can't.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote