Old 12-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #1  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Angry Still alive! Boy, what a storm season!!!!

Hi everyone,
I just want to check in while I have power

We are having the fall/winter that is breaking records left and right.
We've been battered by two record breaking windstorms this week and another one is on the way right now.
Our power went out on Monday afternoon, and only just came back on last night. It was a rotten, cold, dark, sad few days
It's all quite traumatic after what we went through last year, with the tree destroying my Mom's house with her and my kids inside!

Now there's a storm even bigger than the other two on it's way for tonight/tomorrow.

Pile this on top of the insane snow from a couple of weeks ago, and the wettest/windiest November in ages.....and I've about had ENOUGH

This weather has pushed all of my Christmas preparations way back, now I have to work triple time

When the power came on last night, the tears boiled over as I ran to turn the thermostat WAYYYY up...it was so cold in here with no other source of heat.

Please keep your fingers crossed for us : ....that we get to keep our power during this next wave.

xoxox

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:45 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Bless your heart!! It must have been awful! If you trade out snow for rain and heat for cold, I've been in the same situation!

Hang in there, sweetie!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

OMG Linda, how absolutely horrible. You guys must have been frozen solid. I can't even imagine it. I could see where that could mess up your Christmas preparations, but at least you're all safe. I hope the upcoming storm turns out to be way less severe then predicted. I most definitely will keep my fingers, eyes and toes crossed for you. Hang in there. Stay safe. Please let us know how you weather the next storm.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Please be safe! How awful!

I think I'd start looking into a gas generator for the house so you could at least have some partial power in the evening. (For family time if nothing else).

It's so hard to keep the kids calm in times like this. Makes you wonder how the pioneers did it.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #5  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

LINDA...I'm so sorry for what you've had to go through! We've had horrible weather here too, and we're under a very high wind warning starting for tonight again. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Linda, glad you're safe! I hope this storm that's headed our way (billed as the worst windstorm in a decade or something like that) isn't going to affect you, too. When I see the weather maps on the news, I've noticed that you guys have gotten some atrocious weather this winter.

Off to get the flashlights and candles in order, just in case.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:09 AM   #7  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Yep, Sheila...that would be the same storm alright!!! We're not really that far away from each other, are we? there's only Washington between us.

We're OK so far

Thank you SO much everyone, for caring and sending us your support

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:36 AM   #8  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Linda, that's no good at all. Here's hoping that the bad wather moves away really quickly - and that your power remains on.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Linda - I am willing the winter to be over now, and it's just begun! The snow was like, fun... but I was so happy to see it go. You guys on the island are really getting battered this fall.. hopefully this one won't be TOO bad! We are expecting the same here, and it was getting really gross when I got home at 10:30pm from my neighbours. Fingers crossed that your power stays on!

I guess this is the one time I should be thankful for my mother and this one house we used to live in - it was wood heat only. It's either REALLY cold or REALLY hot, lol.

Sheila - I was watching something on TV from Seattle, they are getting it really bad, so looks like we might all be hit with the same storm.

I guess if none of us are posting tomorrow everyone will know our power is out Be safe...

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/251/145

Height: 5'4"

Linda I will keep my fingers crossed for you. The whole situation must be so stressful. Here are warm thoughts for you : I hope your power stays on... and I hope your holiday preparations get done faster than you imagined. Take care.
Nalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #11  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Sorry to hear that you all are in for yet another storm in the north west. Hope all of you up that way are safe and warm.

While you all deal with the snow, wind and cold, we in the south east are having record breaking warm temps. It is 61 here today (in Virginia) and it is to be even warmer over the weekend. Wish I could send some of this your way.
CarebearsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I'm over here in lovely western washington, and we're getting those crazy winds and snow storms, too.

Luckily, our power hasn't gone out from the windstorm last night... although it was flickering pretty crazily.

The rain yesterday was amazing, it flooded most of our streets...

Anyways, hopefully your power stays on this time!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #13  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Good luck Melissa.
CarebearsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Melissa - where are you? My brother is in Seattle... luckily he lives on a hill and everything flows down. Same with me.. it's amazing to watch the roads completely wet and running down the road like a river.

Linda - how'd you fair?

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #15  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Sorry to hear that things have been rough!!

Did your power stay on??
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote