Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Default Beware of The Slimdown Diet Delivery Service: THEIFS!

This is a warning to everyone NOT to order from The Slimdown diet delivery service (theslimdown.com). I paid up front for 30 days of fresh food meals to be delivered daily and after 3 days I canceled properly following their cancelation policy. The food was absolutely horrible (hair in my food, small portions on even low calorie ingredients like lettuce so you were left starving, poor quality food, and bad taste)! 3 months later and they still have not issued my credit of $1025, despite numerous telephone calls. They do not dispute that they stopped sending me the food after the 3 days or that they owe me the credit, but they just wont give me the credit. I am complainaing to my credit card and the NY attorney general. I'll be posting this warning often on this site to warn people about these thieves.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

oops, I mispelled "thieves", but you get the point
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:26 AM   #3  
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the warning. I'm sure your posting of your experience will save a lot of people from making the same mistake. Good luck with getting your money back. Your credit card company should be able to handle it.

P.S. I've been doing Jenny Craig and their food is wonderful.
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #4  
No cake 4 Gingercakes!

S/C/G: 211/204/150

Height: 5'9"

Call your CC company, and tell them that you need to file a dispute, and have the charges reversed, and you'll get your refund back whether they choose to issue it or not.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
Gingercakes is offline   Reply With Quote