Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 08:51 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Chat for Dec. 11-17, 2006

Rhonda, I hope you're feeling better today! That's a good news/bad news sort of situation. There is a line in "The Devil Wears Prada" where Emily says "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight." We can surely all relate to that here!

It's foggy and humid outside this morning, with a high near 70 for the afternoon but some maybe a little bit of misty rain too.

I'm off to post my menu and will check back in a while. Happy day to you all!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I can only stay for a few minutes. I've a big day ahead of me, starting with my weigh in. Then there will be lunch, a half million errands, and the "real wrapping". Yesterday was consumed with sorting and making sure that I had the correct presents for everyone, finding boxes, and putting tissue in them. Later today the actual wrapping will occur. I didn't think I had much until I started boxing. Then the pile grew. I hope to get it all done today but if I can't, I can finish tomorrow.

Rhonda, I hope your virus doesn't last long. That is NOT the way to lose weight my dear.

Sandra, I printed those fall muffins a couple of weeks ago. They look fabulous but I haven't made them yet. I'm thinking that I'm going to make mine with pumpkin. Thanks for the recipe site. I've bookmarked it because I don't have time to surf there now.

Kathy, how did all of your framing efforts go? That sounds like such a heartwarming idea. My Sister has given me framed old pictures for Christmas several years and they made me cry each time. One was a picture of me with my bunny and the other was a picture of my Dad in his Navy uniform. I treasure them. Did you get all your baking done? I can't do mine until the end of next week because everything I'm making will go stale.

I'm glad I checked the board before I posted. Now I got to post in the correct thread!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:39 AM   #3  

The framing is on hold because I have decided I can't do everything. Judd is going to have to surgically remove his butt from the recliner and do his part.

I made snack mix last night and put it on a cookie sheet to cool before putting it in bags. He came in the kitchen and made a can of soup, but turned the burner on under MY COOKIE SHEET and not his pan of soup ... then left the room! I started smelling something burning and when I went in there, I thought I was going to faint. The whole thing was ruined, all because he was not paying attention. And besides, we aren't speaking anyway because I built a fire Friday night and a log rolled out, and he jumped all over me. I don't mean a little bit either, he was being MEAN and I decided he's not a nice person and I don't have to live that way, so I have absolutely nothing to say to him and probably won't for a very long time. If he doesn't change his tune PDQ, he will live to regret it.

All that to say ... nope, I didn't take the things to be framed. I've already done all the work to get the enlargements made, and so it looks like his family won't have Christmas gifts if he doesn't do something about it. I hate to be like that but he is how he is because I've allowed it. No more. He can grow the **** up.

Grrr ...

Now I need to go take my blood pressure medicine.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:19 AM   #4  

So in light of the irritation I'm feeling, and the fact that a coworker passed away this morning, I switched to Flex for the week. I needed some potato chips.

Bad part, though, is that according to the new rules, I only have 18 pts for the day instead of 20. I had to juggle a little to get in all my milk and oil since they take up at least 6 of those points. Looks like chicken and salad for SURE for dinner. I was able to make do with the rest of the day though, so I shouldn't be hungry.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm just now back from errands, lunch and WW. I lost the pound that I gained last week. I need to start making progress. It's up to me.

There is a big controversy over Core and snacks. I haven't read all the material yet so I can't speak with authority. However, I knew that people were saying that SF/FF pudding was out. I found it on the Core list. There is a page that lists Core snacks. I specifically asked my Leader if those were the ONLY Core snacks we could have and she said no. I was sitting next to the Regional Director (the Boss of my Leader) and she didn't correct her. Personally, I think it would be better to snack on fruit and milk if we can make ourselves. I've been trying to eat less at meals and snack more on healthy stuff IF I need it. I'm going to read all my stuff and pretty much keep on doing what I was. Kathy, I think there is something now about yogurt and cheese (including cottage) counting as a milk serving where it didn't before. Maybe this will help you.

Kathy, I can't believe Judd was SO careless. I'd have been plenty angry too. After all that then you find out that you are limite to 18 points! YIKES! I'd feel like I was starving. Mine came out to 30 even crediting 0 points for my lifestyle.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow....someone in your office died. That's horrible. I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:50 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm going to go relax for a while tonight. Jim wants to watch the Bear game tonight so I'll wrap while he's watching. I'll let him have the big screen. Football looks so awesome on them. I'll go into the dining room and watch Christmas movies on the living room TV while I wrap.

But first...a rest on the couch.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #8  

No, pudding must still be ok. The tools list all the Core foods and it is current. FF/SF pudding still has the Core checkmark.

That's pretty good news about the pudding, cottage cheese, etc. being counted as a milk serving (because I was doing it anyway! OOPS!) ... now if could only learn to like FF plain yogurt. For now, the only way I can take it is to make the yocheese from it and spread it on crackers. I'd love to find a good cracker that would only be 1 pt per serving. It irritates me to spend 2 pts on whole wheat Wheat Thins.

Great news about the pound! Honestly, a pound at a time is all we can do, isn't it? It's just so darn tough.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow...now I really need to go wrap since the board has been so quiet!

Kathy, I heard TJ's has some good cracker. Have you tried those Wasa ones? I think they are less than 2 points for a pretty big serving. I haven't tried them yet. I'm still not over the bad experience of the rye crisps in the 70's!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:59 PM   #10  
Melissa

Hi everyone...just checking in to say hi and that I'm still here...just trying to get a paper done that I have to turn in tomorrow. It's a stressful time, but it's almost over!! Aaron is done laying the floors in our LR/DR/Kitchen area and it looks beautiful!!
I hope that everyone is having a great week so far.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi chickies,

Happy Monday but I"m glad it's over - what a crazy busy day - lots of problems at work, an uncooperative photocopy machine, people who would not return calls, a person who did not show up to the meeting and he was the KEY to the whole problem, big sr management mtg, signatures required by 5 pm, miscommunications all over the place - you get the idea! Yes dh ordered pizza for supper (2 for 1 night) but I was able to get by with only 1 slice - quite an accomplishment.

THE BEST NEWS OF THE DAY - the frouf is on the road again - yes my next cruise is BOOKED BOOKED BOOKED - and I'm EXCITED, EXCITED, EXCITED! After dh's non-travel announcement I decided I certainly wasn't waiting around for him - so off I did to do some research - found the PERFECT CABIN (and let's just say it was touch and go getting it today!) - which can be used for a solo person (just little old me) or shared - 2 oceanview windows yet priced cheaper than an inside (one of the 'special secret cabins' us avid cruisers are aware of!

8 day eastern visiting San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Tortola and Antigue - are you FREAKING OUT LIKE ME??? Isn't that like the best (and 2 days at sea at the end to just relax and veg out) - March 3rd I'm outta here!

Asked cruise buddy Andrea if she wanted to join me (I have a week to add someone to the cabin) otherwise I am going myself! (unless I have other takers). Have also advised my cruise buddy Ray in Vegas hoping he will join me/us (last time he spoke about sharing a cabin - but I don't think I have that level of comfort with him!). Airfares still very high so I am on the hunt for a seat sale!

Rhonda - hope by now your tummy is feeling better! Poor you! (If I hum a few bars of "noche de Rhonda' will that make you feel better? )

Vickie - congrats on getting rid of that lb - good for you. Vigorous wrapping should certainly burn off a few of those calories too! How's cindy doing?

Sandra - where are you?

kathy - I would have been furious if that happened to me too - I guess Judd wasn't being very careful? What nerve of him to get upset about that log! And I agree he should take some responsibility for the gifts - esp if they are for his family!

So I'm on some 1/2 course tomorrow (see how excited I am?) - then meetings in the afternoon - feel like I am on a treadmill as xmas holidays approach and I try to get things accomplished. NOt sure if I am taking off the 3 days between xmas and new year's - may now consider 'saving' them for March (altho I know I have enuf leave!)

Did not sleep well last night - and sure hope tonight is an improvement!

nitey nite!

Frouf
Old 12-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

I didn't wrap...not one tiny package! Very, very, tired. I hope I'm not getting sick.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:17 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

hi there. it's been a marathon day. we trained, i cooked, i shopped for hours, then i went to mickol's school program. curtis was at the archery club meeting. tomorrow night we go to shayla's program. i'm having a ball!!

vickie, congratulations on losing that pound. this is a very hard time of year to not gain so that pound is really like losing more. i hope you're not getting sick. did you catch something from rhonda?

kathy, i'm sorry about the tension in your home. i hope you and judd can work things out.

frouf, another cruise? am i jealous or what! you're going to have a blast. remember, i'm living my cruises through you so be sure to keep us posted on every detail.

melissa, i'll bet your floor is gorgeous. now you hurry up and get through with that paper and start posting more. i miss you.

gotta go. curtis is lonesome. i haven't been with him much today.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #14  

I went in and told Judd that I was done being mad at him, and couldn't stop speaking to him forever, so that was that.

Kate came over and picked up one of the desktop computers. Bless her little heart, she's such a softie. There's a lady at work who just transferred here from west Texas. She has two daughters and it sounds like she's recently divorced. She mentioned needing a computer for her kids, and not being able to buy one, so Kate asked me if she could have one to give the lady and I said sure. We have too many anyway. She was going to keep it a secret but said she couldn't stand it, so she told the lady first thing this morning. Of course, the lady was really excited.

I took off work at 2:00 today to do a few errands and even though I did a lot of driving, I don't think I got anything done. I was looking for small TVs for the guest rooms and didn't really find anything I like so I guess I'll keep looking. I don't suppose it's urgent because I think Shaun will be the only "guest" over Christmas, and it sounds like Kate's going to stay in her apartment at least for a little while.

Food for tomorrow is planned; now I just have to follow thru with it.

Night, all!
Old 12-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #15  
focused and aiming

kathy, i'm glad things are working out. that's nice of kate to give the lady the computer. she's a good person.
Closed Thread