Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 10:53 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Christian Encouragers #130

WELCOME!!! If you're looking for a wonderful thread of Christian believers that share the Word of God and prayer with each other as they go forth as soldiers of the war against fat...........come join us and be a real LOSER FOR CHRIST!!
Old 01-16-2002, 07:55 AM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Default Weigh Day

Good Morning ladies

this morning was weigh day and I lost 1.5 lbs for a total of 9 in 2 weeks!! I was hoping for more (can you believe that????) but hey, this is great. Thank you Jesus!!

Have a great Wednesday my friends
Old 01-16-2002, 10:19 AM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

Yahooo! Way to go Zoe!!! You're doing awesome!!!
Old 01-16-2002, 11:28 AM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!
Praise the Lord Patti!!!!! Congrats on your weight loss!
Wilma, how are you doing today? You sounded really dedicated to getting weight off and (at least from your posts) eating well.
Is your dilligence showing up on the scale?

I weighed in this am- and lost 1/2 pound. (considering that my eating was a bit off and it is water retention week, I am happy).
Off to clean up my messy house.
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 01-16-2002, 07:06 PM   #5  

Default WIW

I have lost 7 lbs these 2 weeks that I have been on the Sb plan! I am so excited about that!

I am hoping that I will continue to lose a little each week. I am determind to get down to my goal weight!

This have been rough this past week also, my baby sister had a miscarriage(not sure on the spelling). It was here 2nd child, she is just 27. So I went and spent some time with her. She was so strong! I am praying that God will heal her emotionally as well as physically. To make things worse on her, her husband is out of the country on a business trip! And our mother and father are out of the country on business also! So I felt that she really needed me!

Thru all the traveling to and from her ouse, I lost 3 more lbs. I stayed OP and ate sensibly! I was shocked.

Anyway, Glad to see every one else doing so good.

Pravda
Old 01-16-2002, 08:35 PM   #6  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Evening my fellow Christian's ~

Just checking in here and wanted to say hello. I'm feeling pretty good, today started week #3. I am being optomistic that I will stay OP and get to goal.

Pravda ~ I am SO sorry about your sister. I know first hand what she's going through as I went through that about 11 yrs. ago. It was so traumatic. Poor thing with hubby out of town. I am praying for her.

Well, nighty night everyone. Talk to y'all tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:11 PM   #7  

Blessing to all!
I posted a long post and it was lost when the server went down. I will try to remember what I posted.

Patricia-Welcome back!! I have missed you! When is your baby due?

Dodulymm-A big Welcome looking forward to getting to know you.

Wilma-How are you doing after your fall? I am praying for a fast recovery for you. Will keep sons friend in my prayers.

Sister JoAnn-I live for the weekend too!

Zoe-Welcome back it is so good to have both you and Patricia come back you have been missed!

Metoo-How is Shannon doing?Will pray for Shannon.

Ginny-How are things with DD? How is DH job going.

Pravda-So sorry to hear about your sisters loss. Praying for strenght and healing. Way to go on the weight loss!

Please Keep my nephew in your prayers we just found out he has been a victim for the last year. May God help him through the next few weeks.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:06 AM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Just a quick hello- I am a bit under the weather (PMS time) anb it is rare that I get this run down from it, but run down describes me today!
Sami- glad to see that you found us again after all the server problems (it was tough, all the posts were lost and it was hard to know what would go thru or get lost again). How old is your nephew? Does he know the Lord?
Zoe- good for you! Sounds like you are on track for some weight loss! What a good inspiration for all of us.
Pravda- I feel for your sister. (I lost 3 pregnancies in a 12 months a while ago). The only good thing about it was that after it was all said and done, my relationship with the Lord really deepened, tremendously. He used that awful year to make some big changes in me. Good job losing weight!
Dd wants to go to the Sesame Street web site, so I had better sign off.
Have a good day.
Ginny
Old 01-17-2002, 04:36 PM   #9  
Quit counting at 45!

Default wilma

Hi all! I've had a busy day off despite it being my day off!! I did get to sleep in this am. God Bless DH and DS!! I got up at 8:30 and the started in on the work. I got my oven cleaned finally. I also got a lot of necessary book work done. I never get bored in January!!

My foot is healing nicely. I am able to walk longer distances on it now but taking stairs is still painful. Thanks for your prayers!

It sounds like everyone is doing well with their programs. Keep it up! You're an inspiration to me down here in my valley. I feel myself crawling up the side of it.

Have a super day!
Old 01-17-2002, 07:17 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
Wilma- good to hear from you, and I am glad that your foot is healing. You will be back to your regular self soon, I hope and pray! I agree with you on this time of year. Although I live with one possibly two individuals (Dh definately and Dd possibly) who suffer from SAD (seasonal something disorder?????? from lack of sunlight) I love this time of year, and find myself the very busy.
Without the pressure to keep the outside up too, I can get all kinds of inside projects done, which I think is great! I also get more time for reading and prayer and just reflecting on the Lord and his goodness. Something that spring and all its busyness deprive me of.

Well, I still have to finish cleaning up the kitchen after dinner (got some of it done). And Dh is not in the best of all moods.............. So I had better go. Have a blessed evening!
Ginny
Old 01-17-2002, 07:20 PM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Opps!!!!!!
Someone (forgive me, I forgot!) asked about the pictures that some of us have attached to our names. They are called avatars and I remembered how to select one by changing mine.
It is done from the top of the forum screen. Then I think, I went into personal profile, then options and at the bottom of that was avatars. There were many to choose from, a lot of them Christmas or winter things (like the beautiful scene that Wilma uses!). I think it goes something like that to select one.
Ginny
Old 01-17-2002, 09:07 PM   #12  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi Y'all

Another OP day, thank you Jesus! Day #16 ~ I feel GREAT! Hubby and son are at a members meeting and the Country Club (they're golf fanatics) so I went to Sam's Club and Super Walmart. When I got home, I just didn't feel like cooking for just me so I had something simple ~ light toast with melted fat free cheese on it, an ounce of WOW chips. Some din-din, huh?

Sami ~ My prayers for your nephew, my Jesus lift him up into His arms.

Ginny ~ I pray that you're feeling better now. Get lots of rest if you can.

Wilma ~ I'm glad that your foot is healing. Remember sweetie, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death" Hear that word, THROUGH?? Through it, not sit there.....you'll be out before you know it. My prayers are with you.

Hi to everyone else....Have a great night and a wonderfully blessed Friday!
Old 01-17-2002, 11:22 PM   #13  

Blessing to all!
Thank you for your prayers for my nephew He has a long road ahead of him and this will affect him the rest of his life. It is every parents nightmare! It was someone that was they trusted.

Ginny-I suffer from SAD also and what a wonderful way to look at this time of year as a way to get things done before the weather takes us outside! Praying that the PMS gets better!

Wilma-So glad that your foot is getting better.

Zoe-I Love Sams Club but the Walmarts here aren't very clean. Do you have a Meijer there?

Pravda- How is your sister doing?

Praying for all to have a OP day!

I have to lose 65 lbs or more by 6/2003 This is my goal!
Sami
Old 01-18-2002, 10:13 AM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning Everyone!! It's really cold here today. -26C BRRRRR!! I'm glad I can be inside on days like this.

I had a really productive day yesterday. Usually on my days off I have a hard time staying out of the fridge but I was so busy that I didn't even notice I was hungry until 5:00 and by then supper was almost ready!! I also spent a couple of hours in the evening working on my quilt which helped also. I love to be cozy under my quilt in the evenings.

Sami: I will keep your nephew in my prayers. I can't comprehend why people do things to others. I will pray that he gets healing and won't suffer long term for what happened to him.

Zoe: I won't tell ds that yours is golfing! He'd be so jealous. Right now though, he's praying for snow so he can get in some snowmobiling.

Patricia: I also like having the time in the winter to not have to concentrate on the yard. BTW, the avatar I chose because I'd love to have a house like that!!

Pravda: You're doing really well with your weight loss. Keep it up!

Have a super duper day!!

You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
Old 01-18-2002, 11:26 AM   #15  

Thanks to everyone for praying for my sister.
I talked to her yesterday and she is doing very well. She is hanging in there and getting back to everyday life.
She is making plans to go be with her husband in Singapore, so please pray that all the plans go well and that she will get there safely! She is also alone dealing with a very active 2yr old! So, most of us know how that can be!

I am feeling a little off plan today. I am eating ok, but I feel I am eating too much. I am staying hungry a lot too. I think I need more protein. I bought some nuts, and I am eating about 1/2 cup of those a day, I know that they can be FULL of FAT. But the job I work, it is hard to get good meals during the day, becuz of the hours.

I guess I am just feeling a little down about this whole diet thing. I know that it is going to help me in the end, but I want instant results and I cannot get in the mood to excercise! I know that I need too, I have too! Anyway, I ma just a little tired this week, so it makes my days a lot longer and a lot harder to stay OP.

Thanks again for all the prayers.
Pravda
Closed Thread