S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chat Dec11~17/06

Morning

Starting us up for the week.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Robin: Morning How was your weekend?

Well, the weekend wasn't the best. Saturday I ate some chicken w/the crispy (carb filled) crust. Also had regular hot chocolate (was freezing and needed a quick warm-up). Then yesterday had 1/2 a cup of regular hot chocolate and a bunch of oranges (a few in the morning, and a few more at night) plus a 1/2 a glass of wine. So not going to move the sig (even though I for WI I had lost another pound) as I know it'll be up again. Good news is I shot my first deer!! WAHOO! I'm so excited!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 061 (Small).jpg (17.1 KB, 16 views)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:34 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Oh....I should mention that jacket is HUGE on me. But it's warm

Oh...and isn't that outfit the sexiest? Orange is SO my color
Old 12-11-2006, 11:43 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Brenda, WTG on getting that deer. That is terrific. I haven't got one yet. I'm still going to do some bow hunting.
This board has been super quiet all weekend. Glad you guys are back now. I was bored.
My eating wasn't too bad. My weight stayed the same this week. I did have an orange last night. Haven't been exercising.
Spent all day yesterday helping DD do 3 algebra assignments she was behind on. Yuck. That used to be easy work for me, but my brain must have shrank too.
Hi Robin, good to see you here too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:42 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

That colour brings out your eyes Brenda Congratulations....can I tell you again.......if your freezer gets over stuffed, we'd be more than happy to take a trip up and help you out!!!!!

Yup, its been very quiet around here this weekend.

My weekend was eventful, and eye opening....I wont go into it here, but if you want to read about it, its in my blog. I have however had a scare bad enough to make me smarten up.

So, Im back to it this morning. But not full atkins induction. I need to do something to help me with my sugar cravings....and I just cant do atkins like I used to. Its almost as if my body revolts the lack of carbs and I start to feel really bad...almost sickly. So Im going to give something else a try. Still lower carb, only natural sugars if I feel I need them, and only from fruit and veggies. So thats the plan for this week, I'll see how it goes, and how I look and feel come friday.

Lily, I think my brain would be in alot of pain working on algebra I leave the math homework for dd's dad.

This afternoon should be a busy one....so have a great day ladies. I'll check back in tonight.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Greetings from Binge-Land!

Don't think I even made any sense in my last Post in last weeks' chat - but had to hospitalize my DDisabledHub and reverted to binge eating to "help him" thru the crisis! (??????)

Makes no sense I know . . . and hope I've learned my lesson here - totally feel like crap - mind numbed as well - from trying to add up all the $$$ I put in those vending machines to have the privilege of feeling so bloated and poopy now! Arrrrrrrrrghghghgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The good news is that his blood pressure is back under control (he's got an inoperable brain aneurysm near where the tumor was removed - affects his blood pressure center) . . . and medication so far has adjusted again. Think I've got a handle on the connection that my old habit of stress binge eating only hurts ME. Seeing it in print here really helps drive the point home!

I did take the stairs only to his 3rd floor room . . . and parked a mile away . . . nothing else good to say about the whole ordeal.

Gonna go catch up with everyone else's news . . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #7  
lilybelle

aud, I'm glad to hear your DH is doing better. That must have been terribly scary for both of you. Don't worry about being off program, I would have been too. You can start things back up now that life is calming down for you.

Robin, my brain still hurts from doing that algebra. LOL
Also, I used a lot of fruits with my Atkins plan and still lost weight. It didn't hurt me at all. Also a lot of vegetables. I can cut back on the fat and still get the desired results. Of course, a lot of walking helps, but my butt has been very lazy lately.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

Aud, my visit to the emergency room with dh doesnt even come close to what you have gone thru. I just cant imagine. My dh called me for the 2nd time today....and it worried me. He never calls 2x a day for no reason. I just cant imagine what you go thru. Never mind the eating that fell thru the cracks this weekend....jump back onto the wagon, and you're all set.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

HiYa lilyb! Just caught up with last week's chat and saw your tips. Had fruit as such a no-no embedded in my Atkins Induction brain . . . but your common sense makes a lot of sense, you know? LOL! I'm CERTAIN that I would have been much better off with an ORANGE/APPLE/BANANAfrom the hospital cafeteria than say, ummmm-----PRETZELS WITH FREAKIN' CHEESE SAUCE!!!!!! Soooooooooooo, please accept my Fruit Scolding Apologies, brendanerb?

WTG @ the Restaurants jerseygirl! An inspiration! And WTG to ARUBA, Holly! Would love to stow-away! Congrats to Zonie-Beth on grad school! WOW!

I think Holly mentioned that her clothes are still fitting loose - so just wanted to mention that despite my recent Binge-A-Thon - mine are too.

robin~ Great idea on checking out the Pilates FIRST - don't know if I mentioned that I'm going to be off an extra two weeks after Christmas (Lay-Off ) so looking forward to doing exactly that. Tx!

Two more things lilyb~~Went thru some depression issues with my now 20 yr old @ Puberty. I remember the counsellor telling me that the notes were MEANT to be found and a cry for help - warning me to be extra vigilant - even if it meant reading her diary etc. Bottom Line: We got thru it just fine altho' that's when my hair starting turning WHITE! #2 - doing the multiplication tables with my 9 yr old is causing me to count on my fingers!!!! DEFINITELY can't remember algebra!

Shout Out to Ms. SpotDog~Kel: Tx for the pick me up comment - really needed it today! Hope you'll come and chat?

I Posted a December All in One Menu Keeper for December - I'll fill mine in when I get off work tonight so it'll be blank for anyone who wants to copy/paste.

Let me know whatcha think of it?

PS: Tx so much lily & robin . . . feeling much more optimistic/determined after reading your Posts - My thoughts are with you, as well robin!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #10  
lilybelle

I am so glad for this forum. My labrador is pregnant and I was thinking the puppies should be due about Christmas time. I went back to old posts and learned that October 6th in when we borrowed the stud dog and kept him for 3 weeks. My dog is huge and last night I noticed she is lactating. So, this made me think the puppies are due sooner. Her only other litter, she started lactating just a couple days before they were born. 62 day gestation for puppies, so ours should be here any day. I'll keep everyone posted and post pic's after they are here. My dog is lazy except for constantly needing outside to pee. She's also having the nesting instinct again and dug a huge hole in my back yard. Same thing she did last time. She is drinking tons of water and eating like a horse. I have a baby pool set up with blankets to put the puppies in. (This works best as there is room for Molly to get in to the pool to feed them). They will be kept inside due to the cold here. I am prepared with bulb syringe, old towels and a small heater to warm the pups. I already have good homes lined up for the puppies. We will keep one female. My BIL is a veterinarian and will help me give the shots to the puppies when they are old enough. I am getting excited about the puppies, can you tell. LOL

aud, my DD seems to be happier and smiling a lot. I think she knows now that she can depend on me to help her through any crisis. She is having out-patient counseling. She was mad at me at first for taking her to counseling, but she seems fine with it now.

I would never consider cheating on my" diet" by eating white bread. But, fruit is healthy and I do eat it. I know we are ingrained to count just carbs, but if I'm hungry and haven't had many carbs or calories or a whole lot of fat, I think a piece of fruit suits me fine that day. For me, it's a matter of give and take. I'll let you all in on a little secret. This is how I counted my carbs. Any piece of fruit, such as banana, apple, orange, fresh pineapple slices, watermelon slices or cantalope slices, I just counted as ten carbs. Then I set my goal to stay at or below 25 carbs , including this count of 10. I know it's not exactly correct, but it worked for me. In truth, I probably got more like 40-45 carbs on the days that I had fruit, but I actually cut back the other carbs to 15 on those days and it all evened out. This is the first time I have explained exactly how this worked for me. Hope this makes sense, it was my own made up variety way of tweaking the Atkins plan to suit my personal preference. I absolutely refused to believe "oh, I've blown my diet" because I ate a piece of fruit.

Last edited by lilybelle; 12-11-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #11  

I think that was a good way to figure it, Lilly - It is all a mindset anyway and if you felt like you were counting it and staying in control otherwise, then you would avoid the 'free-for-all' that sometimes accompanies the idea that you've 'blown it now'.

Robin - That is scary stuff. Please let us know what those spots turn out to be. I have really, extremely, bad eyesight and am always freaked out about the prospect of the 'detached retnia' thing or anything else going wrong with my eyes. I have my own bookkeeping business, no disability insurance and what the heck would I do if I couldn't work? Ok - I'm freaking myself out now just thinking about it! Gotta think about nice things....Thinking about kittens, and puppies, and rainbows, and new shoes now.......

Brenda - Orange is YOUR color, girlfriend! lol But really, If I would tromping round the forest where everyone else had a big gun or two, I would be completely decked out in BRIGHT ORANGE too! Congrats on the deer.

Aud - So sorry to hear about your scare with you DH too! And don't worry about the cheats. Sometimes it is just about what gets ya thru the night without ripping your hair out or running into traffic. Tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to get healthy.

Oh, and good luck with the puppies, Lily! LOVE puppies!

Well, I'm freezing my keester off here - I know, I know but I'm a Cali gal and we just can't TAKE the cold! So I'm going to go soak in a warm tub for a bit. This new place has a wonderful soaking tub! My superman (BF) worked overtime this evening so he is just going to head home rather than stop by and visit for a bit. But I'll see him tomorrow evening when we get all decked out for a Xmas dinner at Ruth Chris' Steak House. And the best part it that it will ALL be paid for by one of my rich clients! Can't wait! But I will be good and only have samples of stuff. Better to try more that way then stuff myself and not be able to enjoy the varity. (my weight is holding at the low/mid 150s but I still gotta be careful. I do know what I need to do to drop it back down if I get carried away. An easy thing to do this holiday season: get carried away, I mean)

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:09 AM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

MMMMmmmmm Ruth Chris! Haven't been there in YEARS come to think of it!

The

Best

Steaks

period!

. . . and HURRAH that Ms.SpotDog has come to chat!!! Sooo, were you ever heavy Ms. SpottyD? I take it you were when you said you "knew what to do to take it off." Low Carb? You are so right about the whole deal being a "mind set." This site & the folks on it have already helped me change YEARS of illogical thinking/food relationship! Kind of like lilyb tweaked Atkins - this web site experience is tweaking MY BRAIN! Seriously, how difficult is it to realize that FRUIT is healthier than PRETZELS IN CHEESE SAUCE? There's something about Posting here that makes these connections so obvious.

PUPPIES!

We're shopping for a pup for our 9 yr old (Christmas) . . . I see lots of ads for "puggles" . . . also "peek-a-poo's." Our house is better suited for the smaller breeds. dh has hair allergy issues so any recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:51 AM   #13  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

I made it thru yesterday cheat free, and fake sugar free Ok, on to day 2!!

For my snack last night I had freshly juiced cranberry/apple juice with a string cheese. It was very nice, and I feel much better this morning. Even look better than I have in over 2 weeks. Sugar does a number on my face!

Kel~ superman bf??? looks like him? has muscles like him? come on....fill us in!

Aud~ cheese and pretzels? sounds good to me but yup, Id say an apple was better ....if you google hypo-allergenic dogs, it will give you a wonderful list of dogs that might work for you. My dd and I are both allergic to dog fur, the shedding type. But if we have or are around dogs that dont shed, we are usually alright if they are kept clean. I used to have a golden retriever (before dd) and I didnt have any troubles with him because he was a 100lb lap dog Never wanted to be outside without me....I kept him very clean and well brushed. I didnt have any issues with him. Other goldens now will really bother me Ive noticed.

Lily~ puppies! How exciting.....do you have a digital camera? Id love to see them after they are born. I just love puppies!!

I have to get busy...Im a bit behind (again) but on the plus side, Im much more organized than I was

Have a great day ladies.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:00 AM   #14  
Baby Steps

Dang, I don't have time to do personals just wanted to pop in so people don't go out looking for me Did ok last night except a couple oranges. I've GOT to stay away from the fruit because....well, just because
On a plus note: A pair of jeans I had bought from Goodwill about a month ago now fit...even though TOM has appeared Hoping that means the scale will show a nice drop (if not, at least the measuring tape!) Ok...gotta run!!
Old 12-12-2006, 09:52 AM   #15  
Going to ONEderland

Morning girls.

I've fallen and I can't get up! (remember that commercial?)

Anyway I keep resetting my mind that today I will get back on track, but "today" hasn't hit yet. I guess my problem really is a lack of planning. I need to plan our meals, then maybe I could be more in tune with what I'm attempting here. I feel really out of sync. Maybe tomorrow I will post another 3 day no cheat challenge. I need those three days, but I have to prepare my mind for it first (and maybe my pantry too!).

Anyone else interested?
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote