Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default The Great Featherweight One Week Challenge - Dec 10th to 17th

Good Sunday morning! How was your week? Did the weather cramp your exercise plans or inhibit a trip to the grocers for fresh veggies?
Have you come up with a contingency plan?
Do you have a plan to sneak health in between holiday stuff?
What are you going to do to make this week better than last? or at least hang tuff as we slip closer and closer to Christmas?

I'm booked to work Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri and I'm having my children in for Sunday

I'm doing OK exercise wise ... but I could mind the intensity and length of my workouts. I must watch my food closer (as usual).
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #2  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Well, I'm off out both Friday (works do) and Saturday (belated birthday drinks with a friend) this week so my challenge will be to be the same weight next Sunday as I was this morning! So ideally I'd like to lose a bit by Friday and then have that to play with.

After struggling for the last few weeks and only losing fractions of a pound each week (0.7, 0.4 and 0.7) I finally lost 1.5 lb this week - a decent amount!

So I don't want to screw that up by being silly this weekend, however I do want to have a good weekend. So I think staying the same is realistic for me.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:08 PM   #3  
Sweet n' Sassy

Default Another week begins...

Hello Chicks:

Well, we had a blast at our holiday parties this weekend - splurged on food and drink alike. I'm planning on enjoying the Holidays, however, as I'm really more maintaining right now than trying to actively lose. I just have to remember that moderation is key.

My brother and his girlfriend are visiting on Tuesday for a week - and then the four of us go to my parents for a week for Christmas. I baked butter toffee cookies and choc chunk cookies and run raisin brownies today. I got stuff to make cinnamon rolls and magic coconut cookie bars as well. I love the holiday season and baking goodies and entertaining. Just gotta remember to enjoy, but not go crazy.

Took the weekend off from the gym, but back I go tomorrow. Hopefully I can work in going to the gym during the next week and a half while they are visiting. I just feel like I'll feel guilty while they are here going and spending that time after work away from them, but i just have to remember that I'm happier when I'm fit and working out.

Tonight we're having a crap n spinach dip with french baguette, followed by seasoned shrimp n dungeness crab legs, and a lobster! we've never cooked seafood at home - well, we make all kinds of fish all the time, but our first time with crab and lobster. got a bottle of champagne as well. just one of those "just for fun" evenings for me and hubby.

Alright, have a wonderful evening ladies!
LwyrChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

I want to get in atleast 30 minutes of exercise 5x this week. preferably Mon-Fri. It is finals week for me. Get my daily amount of fiber through veggies & fruits. Drink 64 oz water daily. & Friday I'm going to a Christmas party for week. I plan on having a little bit of everything but NO over indulging. Good luck girls!
superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:07 PM   #5  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

I'm within half a pound of where I was two weeks ago. That's in spite of a really chaotic schedule and some really bad food episodes, so I'm grateful for my good fortune. It's gotta be the exercise--I'm working every day. Either that or I have a fairy godmother. This week I'll TRY to focus on eating better.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:16 AM   #6  

Morning! Work, lower body and cardio for me today ... and grocery shopping. I am an absolute hypocrite if I've been talking to anyone about planning lately!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:46 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Jeez I am STARVING I'm about to eat the DESK!

We're off out for dinner in 20 minutes and I've not had anything but 2 apples since breakfast, which was reasonably light.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #8  

I feel like I haven't been on here in a bit, but I guess it wasn't really that long! I'm finally at home! My goal this week is to get in an hour of walking each day (shouldn't be hard) and to not let other people's choices force me to indulge! Everyone at home will be forcing goodies on me, wish me luck and good luck to everyone on keeping to their plans (and on their finals if they have any )
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My goal is to get back on track.....I'm starting to lose again, albeit very slowly. I've had a couple meals with bad choices in the past few days. I really need to get on program! I did start out with a good breakfast today--3 egg whites with 1 egg and 1 Morning Star Farms "sausage" patty. Lotsa protein!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #10  
Sweet n' Sassy

Default Morning chicas!

Hello Ladies:

Well, so far the week has been good - but i guess that's not saying much since it's only Tuesday, huh?

My brother came in early yesterday to surprise us, which was wonderful!! Of course I was like OH NO, I still needed to bake another batch of cookies and vacuum and etc. The madness never ends.

Now that they are here and I'm still working up till next Thursday, when we all fly to my parents for Christmas, I don't know when I'll fit exercise in. I just feel like I should be at home with them as soon as I get off work - otherwise I won't get home till like 6pm...and I like to be in bed by 11 on weeknights...so that doesn't give me much time with them. Any ideas? ...and my brother and his girlfriend are college kids who don't gain weight and are not interested in accompanying me to the gym
Old 12-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/144/135

Height: 5'4"

First resolution is to try to check and get more involved with this Board!

I have been feeling really bloated and cranky the past couple of days. Do you ever have that feeling like you just don't care about diet and exercise? That has been ME for the past couple days. I sure hope it is PMS, and that I am not just plain crazy!

So, I need to get back on track. I did just go for a run which helped tremendously. On top of excercise, I am going to focus on getting my water in and fruits and veggies.

Lwyrchick - Would your brother and girlfriend be into evening walks around your neighborhood, or could you walk to restaurants? I always find this a great way to visit, and get a little excercise in.
NeedMotivation7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:20 AM   #12  
Sweet n' Sassy

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, we live in D.C., and it's too cold to walk for long distances. It was a great idea though. I think I just have to let go a bit and chill out.

I didn't work out yesterday, but I also didn't indulge in food and drink to the extent they did, so that worked out well. Tonight I'm planning to hit the gym, if only for 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of weights, and then spend time with them afterwards. They'll survive an hour without me.

During the weekends, I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze my workouts in because everyone will rise late. Hopefully, I can get my motivation up and go workout before everyone gets up. If I'm lucky, I'll even bake some fresh breakfast items before they rise and shine

Alright, thanks for the support chicks, I'll check in later!
Old 12-14-2006, 12:21 AM   #13  

Slip sliding in every direction. It's one of those weeks when I just need one really good day to boost my confidence.
Yesterday I ate Ok but my cardio sucked,
Today my weights were half hearted and rushed and my eating just blew!

Tomorrow would be a good choice to have a verrry good day. Yes, it would.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:46 AM   #14  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Well, I've lived up to my pledge that I wouldn't worry too much about eating this week. During exam week I don't try to set any standards. I am exercising, though. I'm just feeling so encouraged about the things I can do physically that I couldn't do a few months ago. I'm really kicking butt on the cardio days, and I'm pushing a lot more lbs on the weight days. I'm a measurer--I like to keep progress records so I can see the changes. I see a lot of improvement lately and it's pretty exciting!
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:17 AM   #15  

I am sooo puffy this morning I can hardly see to type. My fingers feel fat and stupid. Even my head feel foggy. I'm going to have to re-examin my salt intake I think. This is sooo disorienting. It's proably a good thing I don't have a blood pressure cuff at home!

And I think I'll go study up some detox things (for fluid loss).