South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 07:06 AM   #1  

Default Winterland Weekend chat

DingDing Ding Up N At'em Chicas!

I'm sitting at the kitchen table bundled up like Nanook from the North sippin a steamin cuppa cawfee to warm my bones and pop start my heart.
I bet alot of chicks will be hitting the stores today! Kohl's has a huge sale going on... I was out all day yesterday and proclaim my shopping to be done! Today is finishing up my craft presents and getting the cards done!
Whatcha got planned ???
Old 12-09-2006, 07:26 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! I'm Nanook of the North! I just turned on my new electric heater to see how long it takes to thaw the air in the back room. It's actually 27F outside, practically a heat wave.

Today I'll take another stab at wrapping and also hope to get some outside decorations done. There is no sense decorating inside until the back room gets painted so I guess that will be a blitz for next weekend. I need to make two kinds of cookies for Church tomorrow so that will help me Christmas up!

My darn cold is still with me but I'm not coughing - yet! I really want to get in to see Harry today but sure don't want him to catch this crud.

Stay safe, warm and serene.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:49 AM   #3  

Morning all. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm getting a few people for Christmas. I think that my big shopping night will be on Tuesday. As for today, I need to zip up to church for a while. I'm video recording the kids' Christmas program tomorrow night and I want to go up there for rehearsal today so that I can find out what the game plan is. Ruth, hope you feel better soon!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies! I have to work noon-nine or I'd be at that Kohl's sale. Dang. I'll just come home after work. I'm almost done with the ol' Christmas shopping now. I have to get some more for Terry, my brother, Abdul, and the dogs, and then I'm done! Wahoo! And I think I did it pretty inexpensively this year. How about that!

Fell a little off the wagon but not too horribly last night. Jalapeno Kettle Cooked Chips were just calling my name. Fortunately, they weren't horrible, as far as chips go.

Well, need to read some of my book and get ready for work. Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa
Old 12-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #5  

Gooooood Morning Beach Babes!

Ruth I think I'm catching your cold, except I AM coughing, nonstop! I hate sugar free cough drops so I'll be downing green tea by the gallon.

Shatzi I LOOOVE Kohl's, and I'm not even half way done with my Christmas shopping yet

Monday is my last day of classes - then it's crunch time with finals - and FINALLY .... WINTER BREAK!! I'm so psyched! Few weeks off from classes until my winter session class (because I'm a nerd and I don't need a month break..)

Weezle I strayed a little last night too.. Hershey kisses and a coupla Christmas cookies lured me in. But it's not the end of the world for either of us, back into the proverbial water today!

Finally feels a bit warmer today after the -2 wind chill yesterday! Literally felt like my skin was freezing.

Have a loverly day everyone!
Old 12-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #6  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Ladies!

Figured I'd hop in for a quick hello before I head out to the shopping nightmare that is Wal-Mart. I'll be going for lots of groceries so I'm hoping that the lines aren't too terribly bad. My list is like 2 pages long cause we haven't had groceries in awhile.

talk you you chickies later!
Old 12-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #7  

I FINALLY have time to check in. Hi, everyone!

Friday night, after DH and I dropped Brian off at his party, we headed for Target and found something that I think Brian will like (as well as some new clothes that he really needed). I did finally get the Red Snapper Courtboullion and baked acorn squash cooked but we ended up eating late.

Yesterday I had to get up early and head down to council offices for a staff development session that lasted all day. I ate a few things I shouldn't have but didn't do too bad. I got on the computer as soon as I got home intending to get some scouting updates done while they were fresh in my mind and instead found out we had an outage. Fun, fun. Anyway, I worked with our oncall person to handle the outage and by then DH and Brian were home. They didn't go to the train club dinner because they had not RSVPd in time.

So far I've only worked an hour and a half today and the new system is up and working so as long as I don't get paged on it, I am done with work until tomorrow. I'll be leaving in about an hour to head to church for the 4th grade prayer service. Brian is going to be a greeter so he'll be standing at the door. Hopefully it will warm up a little. Then he has one more party to go to this afternoon. If I can fit in grocery shopping somewhere, I'll take him or else it will be up to DH. Talk to y'all later.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #8  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Yikes! It's already half way through Sunday?!

Well I can't say I'm happy about that! I loath going back to work at this time of the year when business is far from booming and I want to be at home. Good news is that my boss goes on vacation on the 15th and is gone until after Christmas! I'm sure I'll have a fun time with the new guy we just hired in October (my eye candy remember! )

Well we are off to shop for ourselves with some money that his grandparents gave us for gifts. I'm trying to head over to Williams and Sonoma and pick some things out. I'm in love with stores like that now!

Lunch is almost ready so I better hop off of here! Later chickies!
Old 12-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Gooooood afternoon chicklets!

It's SUNDAY! WOO HOOOOO!!!! Sorry. I have a day off where I don't have to do much. It makes me happy.

Once Terry's out of the shower and we get ready, we're going to visit my Grandma in her new apartment. I think she likes it, and it's a really nice place. It's as big as our house. All the other old people who live there seem really nice.

Otherwise, just have to stop by Mom and Dad's and see them and the little dogs, and then go to the store for a few things so I can make dinner this week. Nice, relaxing day.

Hope you all have a fantastic Sunday! Stay OP!

Lisa
Old 12-10-2006, 05:07 PM   #10  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hey

I am excited to report that I went shopping and was able to get a pair of pants the next size down. I actually bought two pairs of pants; one fits--I am wearing them now--the other (same size) is still a little tight. I wish everyone made clothes in the same size.

TwoPeas
Old 12-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Checking in late today.

Just back from an Open House and feeling really Christmassy! Falalalalala! Rob and I put up the outside lights and garlands on the porches after Church today and the dusk to midnight timer worked. It was so nice to drive into the lane and see the house alight!

My cold seems to have given up. I'm going to have small steak and salad for supper and then watch TV before an early bed. That should scare the bugger off!
Old 12-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

Hi, Beachers
I've been enjoying raw veggies dipped in hummus so much lately that I decided to save money and make my own. I sort of combined several recipes I found here and there and it turned out really nice. I used dried chickpeas and soaked them overnight, then cooked them with some veggies. Used peanut butter instead of tahini because I read somewhere that it was a good substitute. I roasted a whole head of garlic in the oven and used real lemon juice. So, I now have a large container of hummus chilling in the fridge. I think I may try freezing some of it. Has anyone frozen hummus?

I've been trying to stay OP, alternating Phase 1 and Phase 2 days. Sometimes I get a bit tempted as I did with Christmas cake the other day and chocolate today but it was the really high cocoa chocolate and not very tasty at all. Otherwise, I'm managing quite well. I just wish the scale would move.

Yesterday I dragged myself to Curves and felt so much better for it. I don't know why I balk so at going. I mean, you can stand just about anything for 30 seconds, right?
Closed Thread