Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-08-2006, 12:38 AM   #1  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Default I was just saved by RUSH

The band, not the limbaugh

I was in the grocery tonight right after dinner and had unbelievable sweet cravings. And after rejecting all the candy I suddenly had a vision of a McD's icecream cone. And I knew without a doubt that despite the fact that I was not hungry and didnt really want the icecream, that I was compelled to get it. I knew rationally thate I was very thirsty which is why i wanted sweet (spicy dinner) I left the store, I turned right towards McD's

I see the yellow lights I am almost there.

The radio is on but barely registering in my inner dialogue about the stupid ice cream "If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice"

and then WHAM the line came on

"I choose FREE WILL"

WHAM

I will not be ruled by icecream especially when what I need and crave is water.

I drove home.

the complete lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rush/fr..._20119963.html
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #2  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Haha That's great! I was singing the song in my head while reading your post. Now I'll probably have it stuck in my head all day. Thanks! LOL Nice!
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Yay for your self control!! I bow to you because I have still not mastered this art. My control crumbles to pieces when I see starchy goodness around me.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

It's possible that just craving the McDonald's ice cream cone (around 120 calories) was a victory - you might have wanted deep-fried cheesecake or one of those enormous Cold Stone Creamery bowls (+1000 calories). Good for you for resisting a temptation if you really didn't want it! It's always tough for me to figure out if I really DO want a treat or if I just want it to want it.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm on a bit of a kick about music this morning. I think it has amazing powers over our thoughts, feelings, energy levels.
We live in a small town with a small grocery store. On days when the employees are mostly young, they play 'rock' music. I think I move about the store with more vigour and only grab healthy things then. I think. I'm more apt to meander and wander and peruse if the music is softer and more lulling. I think.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #6  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

That is fabulous! Good for you!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote