Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Smile Thin Wannabees Countdown To The Holidays - 2006

Where do you want to be by Thanksgiving/Christmas 2006? There is now only 6 months to Christmas (Yes! 6 months!) and NOW is the time to start looking ahead! This is a great time to start as there is so many fresh fruits and veggies to eat during the summer and we all seem to get out more and exercise more in the nicer weather. LOOK AHEAD! DON’T wait until Fall to think about getting in shape for the Holidays! START NOW!

Please check in at least once a week with your progress - if you have a loss, or are the same, or "gained" (remember, confession is good for the soul) ... whatever your goal is just check in and let us all know how you are doing.

You can make your goal anything you want. If you don't want to set a number to lose, but just want to make better choices foodwise or get into a healthy habit - post with us. We welcome anyone! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

CJ
Thin Wannabees Moderator
Old 06-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

My goal for this Holiday challenge will be:

1) journaling my daily food intake (lo-carb)
2) drink at least 80 oz water or more every day
3) try to get in some exercise daily
3) hopefully… lose at least 10-15 lbs
Old 06-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #3  
Taking It A Day At A Time

I am here and ready to join in The Holiday Challenge too. This sounds like a great challenge, I will really try hard to rise to the occasion.

My goal is to just try to keep on losing and heading to where I want to be, I have already lost 43 lbs and I want to lose maybe another 30 pounds, but I just want to keep on heading there, no matter how long it takes and just keep on chipping away at it. For right now I would be happy with another 8 to 10 pounds off by the holiday.

I also want to keep on journaling what I eat, drink my water and keep on exercising daily like I have been trying to.

Anyone else out there want to join in our Holiday Challenge? Come on and post with us and join in!

Sassy Sharon
Old 06-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/154/130

Height: 5'6"

I would like to lose atleast 15lbs by Christmas ! My other goals would be to find new and healthy recipes that i like, to limit eating out (less than once a month)... im a recovering fast food junkie lol , and i'd also like to try to find more activities to get into (sports,clubs, outside activities like hiking,etc). I've been yo-yoing for a few years but i think i've finally come to the point where i am going to do it. Im not going to give up this time !
Old 06-20-2006, 02:15 PM   #5  

Helllo expressyourself,
Thanks for stopping by and joining us in our challenge. I am sure you will do great in this Holiday Challenge. I hope you will stop by our regular thread and join our wonderful group and let us get to know you. We will give you support, encouragement and motivation and be welcomed with open arms too.

I just went and looked at your before and after pictures from your link, you look so amazing. What a difference. Congratulations to you!

Sassy Sharon
Old 06-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/154/130

Hello Sharon, thank you so much for the warm welcome and the compliment on my pics ! I look forward to getting to know everyone (at the regular thread)!!
Old 07-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #7  

Count me in!
I'm trying to get down to 129 by Christmas. I know it will be difficult but I'm going to give it my best. I'm working out at Curves 5 days a week, tracking all my food and exercise and walking whenever I get a chance. My husband has joined me in the quest to be thin so it should be easier than going it alone.
janicej
Old 08-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #8  
HappyAgain

S/C/G: 279/236/160

Height: 5'2"

Default I Wannabe 25 lbs. Thinner by Xmas

Hi everyone:

Would like to join the challenge. I am aiming for a smaller goal since losing weight post-menopause is like chiseling cement with your fingernail. I refer to my overweight as meno-pounds, which are as we all know made of kyptronite.

My goals are to get to the gym 4-5 days a week and try to keep calories on Fitday under 2,000 calories.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:05 AM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Chiseling cement with your fingernail!! I love it, LOL I haven't been through menopause as of yet but I know what you mean.

I want to be 150 by my 42nd birthday in early November. I'm almost there!!! By Christmas maybe 140 but not really sure yet. We can do this!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #10  
HappyAgain

S/C/G: 279/236/160

Height: 5'2"

Default Kept It Under 2K calories but.......

I had a really decent food day until I let my emotions get the best of me and decided to vent and eat 2 chocolate cream filled donuts...I was angry with one of my sisters. Well I showed her, didn't I? I fixed her real good by eating those two donuts...DUH!!

There's always tomorrow
Old 10-20-2006, 12:39 AM   #11  

Well I am still trying to do my best and get to my goal of losing 8-10 lbs by the holidays. We have been traveling so much since the spring and it has been hard to lose the weight. But I have managed to hold my weight, the scale went up and down at times, but not a great amount. I still have 5 weeks till Thanksgiving and another 4 1/2 weeks till Christmas so hopefully will move in the right direction. The good news is now my fridge is stocked with all kind of healthy foods and I really want to do this.

expressyourself-You are doing awesome with your exericise, keep up the great work. You have indeed mastered your program. I went back and read some more of your posts and got lots of tips and ideas about healthy eating. Thanks for that.

janicej-Hi there girlfriend, I also go to Curves and just love it. It really makes me feel like I have accomplished something when I leave that place.

Carol C-A great big welcome to you. Feel free to post with our regular Wannabee's, we would love that. Don't worry about the donuts, hopefully by now you started fresh the next day and have put it behind you.

TamiL-I just know you are doing very well and will be where you want to be for your birthday. You have done such a great job so far and will go all the way.

Let's have more posts, I see no one has posted since early August, pleasel post again with us and let us know how you are doing in your personal Countdown To The Holidays.

Hope to see more of you, Sassy Sharon
Old 10-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Sassy, I've already made my birthday goal. Now I'm 5 pounds under and not sure whether I want to be any smaller, LOL Never thought I'd feel this way.

You can make this!!!! I will send the FFM your way
Old 10-21-2006, 09:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Hi,,I am visiting from LA wt. loss Program.....I am also a thin Wannabee...but I have a ways to go..I will check in again......I would like to lose 2-3 lbs a week. til holidays...thanks nance
Old 10-23-2006, 09:41 PM   #14  

Hi bajachick3/nance- Thanks for stopping in and it looks like you are having good luck with your LA Weight Loss Program with your 21 pound weight loss. Feel free to stop in and post with us on our regular Thin Wannabee thread.

Tamil-Wow that is so wonderful that you not only made your birthday goal, but you are 5 pounds under too. Good job on that, you have been working so hard and I'll bet it shows too. I hope I get to say one day that I don't know if I want to be any smaller. You lucky dog you!

Take care everyone, Sassy Sharon
Old 12-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #15  

Default Where is everyone?

Hey no one has been here since I last posted in October. I thought I would post, even tho I don't have good news and see if anyone else will join me.

I have been struggling and not losing, trying just not to gain. What was I thinking saying I wanted to lose another 8 to 10 pounds by the holidays? Not only did I not accomplish that, but I am up a few pounds to boot. Thanksgiving was not kind to me, of rather I was not kind to it. I gave in to the holiday cheer and whatever else there was. So now my new goal is just to hold fast and not have a big gain. Now I can't just wait till the New Years so I can go forward and try to continue down the path of getting to where I want to be.

How has everyone else been doing? Post and let us know good or bad. It doesn't matter, we are here to support you. Is anyone in the same boat I am in? Struggling during the holiday like me? I know there is probably some people who have done good this holiday. :congrats: I wish I were one of them. But hey I am not crying over this, just wishing the holidays were gone and over.

So come on and join me and post with our Countdown To The Holiday Challenge 2006.

Hope to hear from you's soon. Haqng in there, it will be all over before we know it. Good luck everyone!

Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 12-07-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Closed Thread