Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 01:41 AM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's #114

Don't forget to read page 2 of #113.

Myra,
Great loss. Now you are in the 140's. Feels great doesn't it?
I am proud of you!!!!!!! "weigh" to go.

Ruth,
I missed it tonight. Both boys have a test tomorrow and I was studying with them. Hope to catch you soon.

Zoe,
Sorry about your GIFs. That apple was pretty cute. Istole it.
Congrats on being OP. Isn't that TV fun?

TTYL,
Terri
Old 01-17-2002, 05:04 AM   #2  

Talking

It's Thursday!!!!!! Yipppppeeeeee. Looking forward to 4 days off.

Myra, congrats Girlfriend. I told you you are on a roll.

I went into the chat room last night around 7:30 & nobody was there. I'll try tonight around 8:00.

Zoe, if you browse around a couple of our old threads you'll find some cool GIF's.

Gotta get ready for work. See ya's later alligators. Come on, after a while....................

Hi Terri, Jen, Dianne, Viola, Ruth & Janie.

Hugs,
Es
Old 01-17-2002, 07:23 AM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra,good loss! I have really enjoyed reading of your success; I remember back when you were struggling, and it's so cool to see where you're at. High five!!!

Terri, you have a wonderful way with words....I especially liked the phrase about everyone being where they're supposed to be at....a sense of all being right in our little worlds, isn't it?

Chicago is feverish about Saturday's game....it reminds me of 1985. Every newscast features the Bears, and not only during the sports segments! I'm loving it.

I hadn't realized you were counting you points beginning with dinner. When did you start doing that, upon reaching goal? I've read about it but never considered doing it. I always thought that I'd succeed if I simply stayed OP. I'm thinking perhaps I'd try it next week. The mornings are never a problem for me, it's the dreaded late afternoon and evenings!

Es, a mini vacation! Enjoy! Did you ever go shopping for clothes?

hi to everyone

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 01-17-2002 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:48 AM   #4  

Jen,
That is the one thing I miss about living back home. The channels are inundated with Steelers. Down here it is the Titans.
Thanks about my way with words. I am a worrier and if anyone is out in a storm I can't enjoy it. I am a little weird when it comes to weather. I love bad weather, as long as noone gets hurt that is. I find comfort in a rainy or snowy day. Lightening and thunder are an added bonus. I wnat to start a fire right now.
I started counting points starting with dinner a couple of months ago. There are two reasons I like it. The first is that I don't have any problem at all watching my points during the day. If I only have like say 5 points left no problem until 4:00 (when my next day starts.) I still try to eat my dinner before 7:00 but I have room for my snacks. When I have big breakfasts and lunches and then there wasn't room for a snack around 9:00-9:30 then I get cranky. The second is there is a span of 6-8 hrs. that I am sleeping in the middle of my point day. When I wake up I can think that in a few hours I can start a new point day and it is easier to wait if I want something then saying I can have it tomorrow afternoon. It is all a mind game with me. When I eat something like say a, candy bar and I only want half for less points I hurry and put the other half away and then as I eat it I think that the previous bites (which I didn't have) are forgotten. If I had eaten the other half first would those tastes still be in my mouth. No, only the last bite is what I taste. So, to me, the amount really doesn't matter. The last bite is all I remember and taste. Make sense?
Sorry so long. I hope you enjoy your TV and GO BEARS!!!!!
Our game is Sunday morning at 11:30. Church will have to wait until 5:30. I hope I can pray for the next week. Like God doesn't have more important matters.
Take care,
Terri
Old 01-17-2002, 01:58 PM   #5  

Congratulations MYRA!! You are my inspiration! I am right behind you!

Have a great Thur everyone,
JanieD
Old 01-17-2002, 02:14 PM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Wow, Terri, I know exactly what you mean about bad weather. I always thought I was weird in liking the thunderstorms and snowstorms! I used to sit on the front porch with my Dad during the really bad summer thunderstorms when I was little. We'd watch the lightening, and talk; to this day I still go on our porch during a summer storm.
The practice of starting points each day with dinner is making more and more sense to me. This time around I'm trying very hard to recognize what has made me fail so many times in the past. Perhaps it would work for me also; can't hurt to try it.

thanks for the Bears cheers!

later,
~Jen
Old 01-17-2002, 04:39 PM   #7  

You are so welcome.
Can't hurt to try. It is best to make sure there is enough food for the hard times of day.
Good luck!
Looks like rain tonight and all day tomorrow.
Terri
Old 01-17-2002, 06:22 PM   #8  

Hello my buds

Viola, Zoe, Myra, Janie - WOW - great losses, you guys are doing so well. I won't know until Saturday when I go for my first weigh in (since it was closed last sunday) if I lost anything. I have a feeling I will lose even against my will since I'm sick and not eating much. I went to work yesterday with a fever and cough, but I had to go because I had a big 2 hr. meeting with the Education Committee, so I dragged myself in. But today I felt even worse, so willie took me to the doctor and I have bronchitis. I'm on an antibiotic and some pretty strong cough medicine that makes you really drowsy. Hopefully, that will let me sleep tonight. So, I'm off work until next Tuesday. Not a great way to get a mini vacation Anyway, that along with the fact that I've been doing pretty well on program should get me some kind of loss this saturday.

Jen - .4 is nothing. You'll have that off in no time girl. The excitement of your football game alone should do it for you
I like your attitude about Myra and Es' exercise "I can sit back and watch you for hours.......ROFL.

Terri - My brain is a bit fuzzy, so I read thru the whole not counting points until dinner time, but I don't think I get it. You mean you don't count points for breakfast, lunch and snacks, only dinner? 'Splain please, lucy.

Hi to ruth, joyce (do we still have joyce with us?), sandy and anyone I've missed.

Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 01-17-2002, 07:10 PM   #9  

Angry

Awww Dianne. I feel bad you're not feeling well. Luckily you went to the Dr. Can't play around with bronchitis. I only had it once. A couple of yrs. ago I felt my chest tight & I noticed I was having a hard time breathing & that's what it was. Hope you feel better soon.

Terri, I'm with Dianne. I am totally confused with the points late in the day explanation I have read in other threads about counting from the end of the day. I never tried it. What ever works right?

I know this sounds like a lame excuse but I had the worst day at work today!!! I tell you that new office manager is on my last nerve. The stress made me not care about points. I just didn't bother to count anything today. I know I'm over at least by 6 or maybe a little more. I have to go for blood work tomorrow morning so right now I'm fasting. Can't have anything but water. I guess that's a good thing. I hate myself when I blow it.

Jen, when are you getting the TV? I have two 46" but we're thinking about getting a bigger one for the living room next yr. I'll give David the one we have now. So you're going to try Terri's points system?

Dianne, you are too funny Splain Lucy.

Well, let me go check out some threads. I feel like smacking myself for not having self-control

Have a good evening.

Hugs,
Essie
Old 01-17-2002, 08:16 PM   #10  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

It did feel good. Another 15 or so to go to goal. It is so exciting.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:46 PM   #11  

Hi Buddies,

I am still hanging in. Tomorrow I will be going back to WW meetings, I sure hope I can jump onto this fast moving train of losers.
I wonder if counting points starting at night would work for me too. I always have most of my trouble in the evenings. It is worth a try Maybe I can outwit myself. Gotta try!

Hey Myra, good work!! A nice loss for you

Hi Dianne, I hope you feel better soon. I really hate having a hard time breathing!

I had some real couch potato time last night. I watched an old movie on Turner Classic Movies. Did you ever hear of "Dance, Girl, Dance"? Lucy(Lucille Ball) and Maureen O'Hara really duke it out near the end. It ended up being a sort of feminist statement, weird!

Today I was working in Boston, and tomorrow I will spend the day with my mom.

Take Care all, keep up the OP work
Sandy
Old 01-17-2002, 09:25 PM   #12  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello, Hello, Hello

I'm home alone for awhile tonight. Hubby and son went to a member meeting at the Country Club (did I tell you they were golf fanatics???) so I went to Super Walmart and Sam's Club. I ate but didn't cook.....light bread toasted with fat free cheese melted on it and an ounce of WOW chips. Not the best dinner but hey, it was good.

Terri ~ Hey, 'stealing' is how I had gotten most of my GIF's that are now gone so I'll be 'stealing away' here. Let me ask you, where did you hear about starting your points at dinner? Did WW say that? I can't see why it's not the exact same thing. I mean, if you worked nights, you'd do that, right? And I love the fact that you're sleeping through 8 hours of it!!! I am going to give this some thought and try it out. Night time is my worst time so I think this will work for me too. Thanks for the insight!

Es ~ Sorry that you're so stressed with that new manager. Why do they just come in and stress everyone?? Try to relax and enjoy your mini vacation. Hey, do we have a regular chat time going? I can be here if I know the time (CST).

Dianne ~ Work with a fever??????? No, no, no, no.....you poor thing. I hope you are feeling better now that you have some meds. Drink lots of fluids and rest girl. We want you feeling better soon.

Sandy ~ Good luck when you go back to WW. I just can't find the time but am doing it at home, on my own. So far, so good.

Hi Jen, Viola, Ruth, JanieD and Myra ~ hope I didn't forget someone. Tomorrow is Friday and my worst day for eating....it's our 'eating out night'. I hope I'm not a pig and eat too much.

Have a wonderful night and a great Friday.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:25 AM   #13  

Just a quick post before I go to bed. I went to my weighin tonight. I lost another 1.8 lbs, for a total of 16 lbs in 9 1/2 weeks of weight watchers.

I'll post more tomorrow!!!

Ruth
Old 01-18-2002, 06:02 AM   #14  

Smile

This is for all who lost this week. WTG you motivators & inspirationers, self-controlled weight watchers!!!! I'm so proud of you.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:42 AM   #15  

Hi Guys,
The idea of counting points starting with dinner was given to me on this forum. A thread somewhere in 3fatchicks was dedicated to this. You start your day at like say 5:00 p.m. and count whatever you eat from 5:00p.m. Thursday and end them at 5:00 p.m. Friday. So dinner is first and snacks and then Friday's breakfast and then Friday's lunch and whatever else you eat.
This way I never run out of points at the end of the day. I make sure to have at least 6-8 points for the next day. So when the surprise "Let's go out to dinner" comes up no problem.
It is easier for me to have lower points for breakfast and lunch because I am so busy that I don't even remember to eat. I usually have to remind myself to eat. I try not to eat dinner later than 7:00 because it isn't good to eat heavy late into the night.
But this way I have more points available when it is hardest for me. It is much easier to have the last points available in the daytime. I also like the fact that 8 hours of sleep is right in the middle of my points. It seems to be shorter even though it isn't.
It is all in the mind. I can wake up and say "ooh, I want this today and if my points don't allow it I know I will start with a new set of points in a few hours instead of waiting until tomorrow.

Ruth, I am so proud of you! That is great!

Sandy,
Hope your mom is doing better.

Dianne,
Get better!!!!! I hate to hear when my friends get sick.

Zoe,
I have had my share of dinners like that. They are just needed sometime.

TTYL,
Terri

Last edited by points; 01-18-2002 at 05:45 PM.
Closed Thread