The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-06-2006, 09:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default REMINDER: TBL tonite, last show before the live finale and it starts early! 8 pm est.

2 hour show tonite. Not sure if the finale is the 13th or 20th, but this is our last chance to tolerate KIM! lol Tonite is the nite the final 4 take the limo ride back home and we see how they're doing on getting settled back home.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the reminder, I've only seen TBL a few times cause I never rembember when it's on. DH is not crazy about it and he usually has control of the remote while I'm busy with other things. I will probably turn it on in the bedroom.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Candlemaker: You are not alone, there were so many moments tonight that I actually like teared up, just seeing their results and knowing how far they've co me. I've watched the show religiously this whole season, waiting for my moment of inspiration to kick in... Not inspiration, because they definitely inspire me, but when it'll turn into ACTION... Great show tonight, it had been kind of slacking

Also, is the biggestloserclub.com free? Is there anyway you go on to it without having to pay/have membership?

I'm upset Jaron is gone, but I guess everything is right with the world having the original cast on there...

The snaps of them for next weeks show... Ahhhh! Kai was itty-bitty! and Eric?! Wow...
Old 12-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #4  

It's probably getting a ton of hits right now with the show just having ended on the east coast. Try again on the :45 minute part of the hour or in the morning.

You do have to pay, but they are getting smart by sending people there now for the preview. Driving traffic to their site. They seemed in a rush on time anyway tonite, it just kind of quickly ended abruptly. Wylie - really seemed like an athlete in that side view, and I agree, every - tiny.

I'll be in NYC next Weds nite and would love to see the live finale. But somehow I'm guessing it's actually taped Monday or Tuesday to leave time for editing. They say live, as in recorded "live", but I don't think it's real time. Does anyone know, and if I can expect to see it at the NBC studios next week for real? That would be too cool - to see the winner drive off in their new car!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:07 AM   #5  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Did anyone else notice matt getting a belly again? I know in the meeting he said he'd struggled with the new lifestyle and put some back on but I was a little surprised.

And I saw a sneak peek at Erik...OMG!

I cant wait for the finale!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #6  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Even though I had to stay up til 12:30 I watched both segments. ( I had class so I DVR'd it! )

I'm thinking they did the kids segment after the finalists left the ranch so the trainers had something to do in between the weigh in and the live finale.

Ummm yea.... Matt was looking way bigger than when he won last season. I think thats funny that they've been using him to advertise the biggest loser club and now he's gaining it all back. Was it just me or did Suzy's calves look really big for such a little girl? They just kind of scared me.

How about Kim jumping all over Heather! Oh I was so glad someone ruffled her feathers. I'm glad Erik is doing well.... with all the weight he's lost it really makes a difference. The quick flashes they show they all look so great!

I'm thinking something happens with Heather's weight loss because they don't show her after the lost weight. Maybe something to do with her injuries?

Guess we'll have to see next week! I'm starting a poll to see who everyone thinks will win... make sure you guys check it out.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #7  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

You can find a video of Jaron's Before and After here

I can't watch it because I'm at work but the preview picture looks like he did well at home!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yeah, I think it was kinda sad that Matt had gained back a little, and I think it was probably more then a little, I really noticed it in his face. It is kinda funny that he's now a motivational speaker.........ummm somebody might want to rethink that. And I think Suzy also gained some weight. It actually scared me a bit. I wonder who's gonna win it all - probably Erik. But that remains to be seen..........
Old 12-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #9  
Fat-be-gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
You can find a video of Jaron's Before and After here

I can't watch it because I'm at work but the preview picture looks like he did well at home!
Thanks for the link chellez!! I really didn't want to go searching for it.

I can't wait to see the finale (esp. after catching those glimpses of Eric, Wylie, and Kai....WOW!).
Old 12-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #10  

I think Suzy got pg right after they got married, so since they were wearing rings last nite, she might have been in early pg stage when this was filmed. Not sure on timing. Matt was huge. I'm sorry, he looked the same as the mid point from the season 2 shows. Such a shame.

I read from TBL blog on NBC that Trainer Kim is the cover on Oxygen and M&F Hers currently and is interviewed about the show. Apparently in the "fight" there were a few Heather fingers flipped at Kim that of course were edited out. Apparently been going on thru out the season. Hmmm, def want to get it and read more about it!!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:59 PM   #11  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

There were a few moments I teared up last night. When Bob was saying goodbye to Eric that was nice.

They always inspire me to get off my backside and exercise.

Looking forward to the finale. Kai looked great in the preview for next week.