Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and ChitChat #223!!

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:02 AM   #2  

I'm up after only 4hrs of sleep. I was finishing up my decorating last night. Wanted to get it done. I have a doctors appt at 9:00 so I needed to get up early. What was I thinking??

Coffee is in my future!

Sorry just a shortie today....need a shower to wake me up some!

Hugs to all!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:59 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Seems like today is doctors day for a few here. I too had an appt. but didn't go. Just didn't feel like it especially so early. I need to find a new doc that's not a flake.

SASSY...I used to be anal about my house being so so. It irritated me that people would say I was perfect, and they would ask "How do you keep your house so clean with three little ones?" Ummm, I clean it. I was far from perfect but I did have a very clean house. I swear the floors were always so clean you could eat off them. But I learned to let things go and while I am still anal about some things...my house doesn't have to be perfectly clean. There are more important things in life than having a perfect house. And you are not a failure Missy! So don't ever say that. Jane suggested some good pointers. Hey, WTG on the gift card! Wow, I am amazed and surprised...that is great! I washed my car yesterday too. Well, I go to this touchless car wash...it cleans underneath and does really well at getting all the dirt off. I don't like to leave all the gunk on it, especially underneath it after the snow. I think Oprah has a new attitude about herself this time and yeah, like you said...she has forgotten where she has come from. Does anyone remember when she was really big and followed that liquis diet and lost like 60 pounds really fast? I think it was back in the 80's. But yeah, she has done the yoyo dieting for years.

MICHELLE...glad you are going to the doc to be checked. You never really know and worrying just makes it worse. DD found a lump a while back and now she is paranoid about everything. She is going to worry herself to an early grave I swear. So, what kind of tattoo did DD get? I have one and am wanting another. Actually, two more. I'm just a chicken to go for some reason.

SUE...okay, I said it was cold here yeaterday but it wasn't that cold- 22 degrees. It was in the 30's but with the wind chill it was colder...just not sure how cold. I can't walk in the cold. Even if I cover everything my face gets too cold and then I will get sick. Hope all goes well with your mom at the docs today.

JANE...hoping things go well at the docs with Mary too. You know Jane...it is nothing for me to send cards to those soldiers, especially for all they've done and sacrificed. I did find the perfect card...wasn't jolly but just perfect I think. I wrote 36 and man I think my hand is going to fall off. Glad I didn't have to address them. I send them unsealed in a big envelope to the Red Cross part in the hospital and they read everyone to make sure there is no hate mail and then they pass them out. I didn't know you wrote a guy in prison.

JULES...glad you are getting in the Christmas spirit. Getting a tree and decorating helps a lot. We put up lights on Thanksgiving and did the decorating inside but I wasn't really into it. I was in a hurry to get everything done for Josh before he came home so I didn't really enjoy doing it. But last night I was looking at the tree while I was cooking and thought how pretty it was with the white lights and all the red on it. I love to just sit back and listen to Christmas music and watch the lights.

Hi to everyone else

Not much on the agenda for today. Josh and I are headed to the base later on to take care of some things. Then later on going to meet V after work and drive him to the foot doctor. That's about it.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a good day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-07-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Ladies!

Hi Ladies!

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRR still CCCOLD! I think its mostly coming from the back door, need to get some weather stripping or something! lol.

Haven't done much of nothing today. lol. I need to do at least a load of laundry so that DH & I have work clothes for this weekend.

I did bake all the cookies AND I didn't even have ONE! I did however have a few licks of the cookie dough! lol. But I am planning on eating one or two at least. Hey after all it is the holidays, right? lol........

I still plan on baking more. I want to make Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies. So far I've made Chocolate Chip and Toffee Chocolate Chip and I have 3 Ziplock bags to take to work to share.

Hi Marti! I hope you got your coffee!

Cristina -- Oh yeah I used to be exactly like that too. I was so bad about it that if I had went to bed and then thought about something that I had forgotten to clean, I would get out of bed and clean it! So after I had been with DH, I changed. I can even remember the moment. It was before we were married and we had our 1st apt. and we both had just come home from work and I cooked dinner and there of course were dishes to do, now usually I would NEVER ever leave dishes in the sink, that was "Taboo" for me, but I was really really tired. So DH says, "The dishes won't get up and go away, they will be there tomorrow." and it just came to me that night, he was right, the dishes would not go away and the world would keep moving if I didn't do the dishes that very moment. So from then I changed. I kept a clean house, but it didn't have to be immaculate anymore. Its just now that we both are working nights and all, its gets kinda hard to find time to clean when um everybody isn't asleep downstairs. lol. But it will get done, I can just do one thing a day and get it done. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them.

Anyways. Glad you and Josh are having fun and I loved the snow pics! I think we're supposed to be getting ours tomorrow night! If so I'll take some pics with our new camera!

I hope you all are staying warm!

Old 12-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Boy do those snow pictures make me cold! Neat pictures Cristina!

I am tired tonight from all the running today. We got all of Mom's errands run, thank goodness. And she had a good Dr. appt. He gave her a shot for her back so it is feeling much better tonight. I think she will be able to sleep tonight with the shot and being worn out. I didn't have a shot and I know I will sleep well.

Just had a nice long talk with DH from CA. We had been playing phone tag for several days. Finally got to talk to a real HIM instead of voice mail. He is doing well, maybe a little homesick. He and his GF are planning to come to Vegas in the Spring. I for one can't wait to see him. I am still jealous that DH got to spend time with him in Sept. He had good news...just found that he is on track to finish school next Nov. instead of Spring '08. That is if he doesn't take any time off. He is so busy, I am thinking he will need a break, but he says wait and see.

Anyway...that's it from my house. Hope you all had a nice day and see ya tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:19 AM   #6  
One day at a time

Good morning ladies...

I'm up late for some reason. I am sleepy but can't sleep if that makes sense. Thought I would jump on here after I did some picking up. Tomorrow, um rather today is Wally world day so will do the shopping in a few hours. Hoping to get up at 8 and out of here by 9. I'm getting lazy again and not wanting to get up. Don't think it so much being lazy as not wanting to get out from under the warm covers, lol.

SASSY...I was like that too. After dinner the kids and DH would go outside for a bit but I would not go until every dish was done. It didn't take very long to do them and I would rather have them done and then go out with them instead of having to dread coming back in to do them. But DH said they can wait and I started letting them wait sometimes. I guess it would be weird working the hours you work and then trying to get things done on top of trying to sleep in between. Hey, everyone is going to love you when you go to work! Those cookies sounds delicious!

Anyway, nothing much to say...was awake and thought I would stop in and say HI. I'm getting really sleepy so going to head to bed in a few more minutes.

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE! Hope you have a wonderful day! Supposed to be cold here today. It's fine though, especially after todays weather. It was sooo nice.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:59 AM   #7  
~Believe~

Unhappy Hey all........

Morning all. I'm typing in red because that is all I've been seeing this morning is red. No, I'm not angry, my AF decided to go into overdrive and I bled all over the place! So I am staying up now to get laundry done. (Sorry if TMI!!) Also I am going to call my dr and see about getting something to get this to stop. I've had this AF since October for crying out loud! Its time for it to stop! My old gyn. gave me BC pills to help me stop before when I had this problem, but she told me to take more than just one and I can't remember how many and for how many days and all, so I am going to call my dr and see what they say. Something needs to be done because I'm really sick of this. I can't take it anymore. One minute I am fine and the next minute I'm gushing like a river! (Again Sorry if TMI!)

I'm debating about calling off of work too, but not sure. I know women have periods everyday and go to work and all, but this one is a bit different and kinda extreme I think. I mean I've gone heavy before, but I know when enough is enough. You know?

Anyways sorry if TMI but I'm just plain sick of this and I can't take it anymore. I kinda had a mini-break down after I went to the bathroom. I am so sick of this disease. (PCOS) I know there are worse diseases out there, but I'm just honestly sick of this disease and what it does to my body.

Well sorry to be a drag.................

Have a Good Day.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:16 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sue - I'm just lucky that we have the same address for the new house that we had for the old one, since the houses are/were so close. The gal in the court house who made that decision was my neighbor in town, and we were always on such friendly terms. Anyway, it saved a lot of trouble with notifying everyone.

Michelle - how'd the doctor appointment go today?

Marti - how about yours? Something routine, I hope.

Sassy - hope you get your doc to do something about your periods. And you probably should be checked for anemia, too, imo. Hope you get the 16th and 17th off, too.

Cristi - yeah, I write to the son of a friend who made a stupid mistake and is now paying for it. His mom and I have been friends since 4th grade, so I'm doing for her as much as for him. Btw, I didn't see a snow photo link. Hope Vs foot is ok.

Mary's doc in Evansville did an exam, then scheduled her for xrays and blood work in Vincennes. He wouldn't confirm that she has RA for sure, but her previous blood work shows that she does. So we're back to square one.

Just a little over 2 weeks 'til Christmas! Time's flying! DS's Mackenzie has her Christmas program tonight, and I'm looking forward to that. She's in 2nd grade, so that should be real cute.

Gotta dash.

Last edited by Jane; 12-08-2006 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:25 PM   #9  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Ladies

Hi Ladies!

Well my AF has lightened up, Thankfully! So I am going to go ahead into work. I got some sleep (on the couch -- fell alseep!) so I do feel better. I plan on making an appt. with my dr though.

Guess what I woke up too????? SNOW!!!!!! Not much, but a little! I will attach some of the pics I took!

UGH Jane why did you have to remind me how close Christmas is? I'm not not not ready! lol. I'm not even ready for my DH's bday and its Monday! I think I need a personal assistant! Any takers??? lol.

Well have a Great Day! I got to get ready for work!

Okay where R my pics??? I attached them! I really did!

Old 12-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #10  
~Believe~

Angry Pics HELP!

Okay what am I doing wrong here????????? Its not working!
Old 12-08-2006, 05:23 AM   #11  
~Believe~

Default Good CHILLY Morning!

Good Chilly Morning all!

It is a lovely 11 degrees F (-11.67 C) outside! BRRRRRRRR! But of course our new car warms up in just a jiffy! It did just fine today in the cold. We didn't get that much snow at all really.

I made it through work, so far AF has lightened up and my back amazingly enough isn't hurting! (So far!)

DH & I have come to the realization that we both are in need of new winter coats. I've had mine for years now and it was given to me by my MIL and it was hers first. (she gave me her old one once she bought a new one) So I think I'm due and DH has had his for a while now too.

Only 3 more days and we get one whole week off! No word yet about thte 16th & 17th. I kinda doubt that we will get it off, but you never know! If we don't get them off, I told hub that we should ask our boss if we can leave early maybe.

I plan on baking more cookies as DH has decided not to share the cookies I have already made! lol. So I shall bake more to bring into work. I told one of the 3rd shift guys about it and he was very excited as like I said we get shafted on goodies and what not. We always get Dayshifts Leftovers and to me that is plain crap. We deserve to have some goodies and what not too!

I'm so glad we got the stray cat (His name is Phantom) a good home because it is SO cold outside! Our friend sent us pics of him and says he is doing just fine and his other cat is adjusting.

My mom sent me an email saying she took some vacation days off after Christmas so she is hoping to come up to visit with us, if the weather holds out! So I hope I get to see her! She also told me she got a new shift starting Christmas Day, she will be working Noon - 8 P.M. instead of 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. so that will be good, she won't have to work so late at night. I know she doesn't like driving that late at night alone and all. Plus with the new shift she can still "sleep in" a little bit. She never really "sleeps in" but still better than getting up at the "crack of dawn".

Oh I did get ALL my Christmas Cards done at work tonight! So as soon as I get stamps, they should be going out, probably on Monday I would say.

I guess that is about all on my end. Sorry I'm rambling here. lol.

I hope you all have a nice WARM Friday!

Old 12-08-2006, 09:36 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

This is Friday, right?

Michelle - thank you for the lovely Christmas card, and the note inside, too.

Sassy - Neal's bd is Sunday. We're going to the Amish restaurant by ourselves for lunch after church. Then the kids and grandkids will be here in the evening for his celebration. He always wants an angel food cake made in a 9x13 pan with chocolate frosting, lol. You're lucky that coats are on sale everywhere, so this is a good time to buy one, if they aren't too picked over. Glad you'll get to be with your mom during her Christmas break. Does she live very far away?

Hello to everyone else reading this.

Mackenzie's program was so sweet. She even had a solo singing part, and I didn't know about that, so I was pleasantly surprised. We had a flat tire on the way home, and Neal had a very hard time getting the new tire out of the place it's stored. There we were, with 3 little kids, the temp was 14 degrees, and the back of the van was wide open for almost 45 minutes. Brrrrr!!! As cold as we were, I felt even sorrier for Neal being out there in it.

My family Christmas party with the sisters and others is tomorrow night, and that should be lots of fun. This year we're having it at my church's Fellowship Hall, instead of one of our home's because the crowd is just too big.

What's on your agenda for the day?
Old 12-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #13  

Morning Gals....

Friday is here and I'm so happy! I've got some shopping to do tomorrow...problem is, I'm not sure what to get that husband of mine! So I'm hoping that browsing around stores will help me figure it out.

I was asked to come in early today, but not sure how soon I'll get myself out the door. Feeling groggy and not quite awake yet. Maybe a shower will do the trick.

Sorry for no individuals today......I'll have time after work so I'll get to them then.

Have a great Friday!
Old 12-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies...

Michelle...thank you for the card.

Hi to everyone else...

Not much going on. I have tons to do today to prepare for tomorrow. We are having our Christmas Dinner since Josh is home. Can't believe it is here already and Josh will be leaving Monday morning, early. I've got some prep work to do, took the turkey out (probably should have done that yesterday) and have a cake to make and a pumpkin pie as well. I don't look forward to all this cooking...seems like Thanksgiving was just yesterday and I think I am still tired from that, lol! Later on we are headed to Old Cowtown...hoping it's not a muddy mess and all the snow has melted. We still have a little left in the back by the fence and in the front close to the house.

Have a good weekend!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon. I have had a busy day like all of you have. Grocery shopping and going to two stores for gift cards. I just finished making magic cookie bars for the kids for tomorrow and also made the bark with peppermint. It is chillin' so I will let you know how it tastes later. Very easy for sure. Mom is going to make fudge now.
I packed almost all of my clothes for Wed.....just a few odds and ends to put in at the last minute, like my make-up. Oh, I just remembered I have some books I want to take if we have room. I haven't found time to go get a library card there yet.
Hope everyone has a nice week-end planned and that it is fun for all.
Be back later.
Closed Thread