Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Default December NSV's

OK, December 1! Time for another month of those FABULOUS NSV's!!!

I'll start. Took DD to dance practice last night. She dances on a world champion competition team, and has been dancing with the same group of girls for about 9 years or so, so I've known them all for years and years. On the way home, DD told me that while I was over talking to the coach one of the girls asked her if I'd lost weight (she was seeing me from about 20-30 feet away. DD said yes, so then they apparently all wanted to see, and took turns getting stuff out of their gear bags, etc., because the coach and I were standing near the bags talking. All of this was going on without my realizing it, but in retrospect, I did notice about 10 of the girls needed stuff out of their bags! While they are all wonderful girls, we all know that teenage girls, ages 14-19, usually don't notice much about the moms that are around! I smiled the rest of the evening!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:20 AM   #2  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Awesome kelly! Bet that felt great!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Tried on jeans

Hi All!

As I prepared to fold jeans from the line yesterday, I noticed that my jeans hanging next to my son's jeans looked pretty close in size now to his. He's 18 and 6'1", so I knew they would be WAY too long for this 5'6" mom. I WAS curious to see if I could get them on my bod, though!

I took them upstairs in front of the mirror and took a deep breath. I actually got them on! The legs fit and the hips fit. The waist...well, I have about five more inches to go until THAT fits. I checked and these were a 32 waist. That means I have a 37 inch waist! Just a few months ago I measured my waist, and it measured 42 inches!

Although I won't be wearing my son's jeans anywhere, I found it really exciting that I could AT LEAST eyeball similar sizes in clothing AND when trying the jeans on I WAS able to pull them up! My son weighs 175 lbs. I have a few more pounds to go to reach ONEderland. The jeans "try-on" was an exciting motivator for me!

I think it's time to go jeans shopping again!

Cheryl
Old 12-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #4  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Those are FANTASTIC!!!!!

Linda
Old 12-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

WTG, Kelly it's great that they are noticing.

Cheryl , WTG, there's just something about fitting in the son's jeans that makes us feel great. I wore my sons' camouflage jacket and pants deer hunting and it made me feel great. My son is almost 6' and weighs about 145 usually.

My NSV, last night while folding laundry, I had to look at the jeans tags to tell which were mine and which belonged to my 14 yr. old DD. (WE have one pair that is the same except mine are only 1 size bigger).

This morning I woke up and made my coffee. There are fresh home-made cookies that I baked last night. I didn't eat any. I made myself my healthy breakfast instead. (It snowed last night and I like to bake when it's freezing outside).
Old 12-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #6  
On my way to 160!

Yea! Kelly and Lillybelle!

Lillybelle...I can pass up cookies but CANNOT pass up cookie DOUGH!!!! You go, girl! You have more willpower than me!

Cheryl
Old 12-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Yeah, NSVs!

Mine involves fudge--maple fudge in particular. I went to a craft fair with some friends, and the fudge booth had samples. I did take a tiny sample, but I didn't buy any. My friend bought some and offered me a bite, but I declined. Now, I have to tell you that I really, really wanted that stuff, and almost went back to guy some. I shouldn't have had the sample because sugar sets me off. But this time I didn't give into the craving, and it's gone now. Yippee!!
Old 12-02-2006, 02:26 AM   #8  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Amazing willpower, everybody!! WOO-HOO! I have tremendous respect for anybody who can hold themselves together around cookie dough...
Old 12-02-2006, 06:13 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I absolutely LOVE reading everyone's NSV. It is so much fun and it gives me something to look forward to. Like that jeans thing that you girls got going on-Cheryl and Lily -FANTASTIC OMG but the cookie baking Lily? - that's a biggie I think for anybody - and Sheila fudge? WTG, what unbelivable control you ladies have- Boater'swife-you must be floating on air!

I went to do a little clothes shopping yesterday. My winter coat from last year is enourmous on me, they were having a sale and I saw one that I loved but they only had it in a size 22W, 24W - which is my old coat size and an 18W. My plan was to buy it a little tight so that I could have it for a while as I hopefully lose more weight. So I try on the 22, it's way too big and I say what the heck I'll try on this itty bitty 18 just for fun and it fit me perfectly! I couldn't believe it. It looked so tiny hanging there on the hanger, at least tiny for me. Well I didn't buy it because like I said I wanted to buy something a little big. Oh well. It's funny if it wasn't for my clothing sizes going down I don't even see the weightloss on me.

Please keep on posting here girls. it is much motivation for me and this time of year, all right anytime of year I could really use it.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:42 AM   #10  
On my way to 160!

Hey, Rockinrobin!

I noticed that you changed your name from fedup to Rockinrobin...Nice move, and one that says something really positive that will keep you feeling proud of yourself!

The coat thing is a real biggie because we wear our coats every day. They are a GREAT way to measure progress that we can FEEL! Congrats on your success!

I know what you mean about the clothing sizes. I think as we firm up and "melt" that weight away, the inches do, too! I wish that I would have taken my measurements along the way. Measuring inches lost is often a better indicator than the scale, I think, and it helps you see progress in firming up when the scale doesn't always show it.

I have learned so many things over the last few years about weight loss! It makes me think that I was really clueless before. No wonder my weight kept going up and up and...

Good luck on finding a new tinier coat!

Cheryl
Old 12-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #11  
lilybelle

rockinrobin, WTG on the coat. I had to get a new one the other day. 2 yrs. ago my coat was a 3X. Last yr. my step-daughter gave me a size 1X coat to wear. It was too big now. I went and bought me a new one that is a size 12 and it fits loosely. I notice the change in clothing sizes far more than I notice my weight change. I did notice that the plus size coats of exact same style were $10.00 higher and it made me feel good not to have to pay that extra cost for a change. Funny thing is, I started by trying on a size 16.

As for the cookies, my son had friends over last night. I fed them all the rest of the cookies. I wouldn't have done that before ever. I would have hid them for me to eat. LOL
Old 12-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Great job, everyone!!

I have a few...

I sprained my knee, so I haven't worked out since Monday, which is driving me INSANE, but I've stayed on my eating plan even though I've been depressed about my knee and almost wanted to give up!! It just seems like I can't lose more than 50 pounds without screwing up or something happened. I'd lost 53 and then this happened. Ugh!! But I'm proud of myself for sticking with it and remaining positive. I WILL run again and get back on that elliptical!!!

Lots of people have noticed my weight loss in the last 10 or 15 pounds I've lost, and now people are starting to say "well, you don't need to lose much more, do you?" It's great to hear that, but I can't help laughing a little. I weigh 225 and am still on the "severely obese" side of all the charts!! I guess I carry my weight well. Thank God for my long legs, I suppose.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #13  
lilybelle

Lisa, WTG on staying on program with eating while having the knee injury.

I had an ankle injury about 5 days after reaching my goal weight. I was strict with my eating while unable to exercise and did keep the weight off. Give yourself time to heal and there will be plenty of time to exercise once you are better. Plus, WTG on people noticing the Wt. loss, that makes it all worthwhile.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #14  

I had a funny one last night. I'm a waitress, and one of my customers is this cute little guy in his 70's. He and his son were in the other night and I teased them about having a guys night out and going to a strip club. Last night he was in with his wife and told me, "You know, if my son and I were to go to that strip club, as good as you're looking we'd probably see you dancing there."
Old 12-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I missed a couple weeks of school because of my gallbladder problem. After being back in school for four days I was talking to two of my friends (I meet them in September so since I was 263 pounds) and they both looked at me and said you look like you lost a lot of weight your face looks really thin. Then yesterday when I was getting ready for bed I looked and the mirror and realized my face really does look thinner. The fat under my chin is almost gone and you can start to see check bones.
Closed Thread