UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:21 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default Remember Remember, it's actually NOVEMBER chat...

Happy first of the month, and happy HUMP DAY! (I love that expression!) Although it's not really a hump day for me, since I only have tomorrow to go, then I'm off work! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Oh yes, never thought of that when I just posted in the October thread.

What's a Hump day?
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hump day is Wednesday, it's all a downhill ride to the weekend from here on!!!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 AM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Or a downhill ride to getting married, as the case may be
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 AM   #5  

I was watching something the other day (may have been Scrubs) and a character said a list of things they hated, including people who say hump day.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 AM   #6  

Ooh I like your hen night pics you all look glam.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:44 AM   #7  

I had no trick or treaters last night Very very good.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 AM   #8  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Wow 1st of Nov where has the year gone?

No junior mints Chris just as well. She got a lot of good stuff.I've moved it to the wee table in the kitchen, it won't bother me there.

Christmas shopping sounds like a good idea Sarah. I have a few presents that need to go to the UK.

Just watched a segment on tv about women wearing the wrong size bras. I need to get measured properly .That's one area that I need to drop a few sizes. All the weight I gained over the summer went to my boobs !!!!

I'm off to Curves.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:36 AM   #9  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I'm just back from Christmas present shopping. DH and I had a bit of an argument about the kind of stuff we should be buying so we didn't buy much of anything at all.

Question: When buying a present for someone else should you buy him or her something useful that he/she needs and would use a lot (basically a repeat of something they already have) or something a bit luxurious but perhaps might not use so often and probably wouldn't buy for themselves?

Like.... should DH buy me (for instance) a nice dressinggown which he knows I need or should he buy me a pretty bracelet or perhaps all the stuff in the same range as my favourite (expensive) perfume?

Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:19 AM   #10  

I'd go for the things you love, rather than the practical things... and when it comes to xmas I just say 'Bah humbug' as a rule but still... don't go for the practical. I'm a libran though and we like expensive things ;0)
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #11  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

I normally just get people what i think there like for xmas as the way i look at it if they dont like it , there not gonna tell me plus for non family memebers i dont know if there using it or not so it dont matter its the thought that counts.

I had a good day today i went to Oxford street shopping for this wedding , every dress i tryed on looked **** , but i went in new look and found a lovley Black with Red Chinese patterned Basque £18 its georgous and it makes me look thinner so i brought it and some sparkly Red shoes (im going home to oz lol) all i got to get now is either a red skirt or a black skirt/trousers to go with the top , if i get a red skirt im gonna swap the red shoes for the same pair but black Wooohooo finally getting sorted.

Hope your all having a good day.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #12  

Not thinking about christmas shoping until next month atleast. Presents from me are also gona be very 'simple' this year as i have already gone crazy with my student loan. Seemed like i had loads of money until i went and paid my rent the othr day, and then my bank balance became TINY!. Cant believe how much food, and every day basics costs sumtimes!
Anyway in the weight side of things, there has not been much improvement. went out for haloween yesterday, and needless to say the alcohol has probably undone all my good work for the past week. Hence have promised myself not to do this any more- lets see how long tht on goes on for?!hehe.
Yp1 - looking ffwd to this saturday to hear the news about the stepper! thanx.
shmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #13  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm feeling so much better this afternoon, I think the run might be on. Even better, I think I'm going on holiday in 10 days time I've been hoping to get over to see my parents for a while, but I've been waiting for a deal to finish at work. The good news is that it's been put on hold and the client is happy to wait til I get back before re-starting.

Woo hoo!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #14  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Treez- your outfit sounds lovely but may I suggest a black skirt ? Very slimming and draws attention to your top whilst distracting from the lower half. Red shoes sound yummy!

Christmas - can't believe anyone would want to even think of it yet alone shop for it at this time of year! Wrt luxury or necessity it has to be luxury all the way, we all deserve to be pampered and most people never pamper themselves.

Found it very cold today, good news for the diet stakes as cold means veggie soup and snuggling and shivvering which means calories burnt. Yippee
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #15  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Sarah... def luxury.. we never buy it for ourselves so it's wonderful when it's given to us...so have him get all your lovely stuff and then go and buy a new dressing gown in the sales after

I've already got quite a collection for Christmas pressies, have to start early as like CG, have to post things home, I've had to order a few things on line here too, as there's not a lot of shops on the island that do for Christmas pressies, unless I want to break the bank.

Went to the vets, (that's where I was when you called CG) he doesn't know what is wrong with Pen's eye, so we have more ointment to put in, I like him, he was trained at the Royal Vetenary (I can't spell this for the life of me today) College of London YAY!!

Dave's cooking tonight, I'm jusst being bloody lazy.... have a good evening all....Frus, is the wedding THIS weekend? I thought it was next....Wow, time is flying by.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote