Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2006, 02:55 AM   #1  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default I need.. to.. SCREAM!

Wtf? Why can I not lose weight, as in lbs. I havent "gained" any weight but I have on the scale. I was flucuating between 158-160 and now 160-163, but.. I can wear a 5/6 now, and before I was 7/8. SO.. What I thinking is maybe I am retaining water because I dont drink nearly enough anymore ( got reaaaalllly slack) and I have been lifting alot. SO... I am just frustrated because if I cut cals to 1200 I stay right at 158, so I thought ok, I need to increase, back up to 160, I was like ok.. maybe I need to change my routine.. more lifting less cardio 163. WTF? Im not gaining fat and I know that.. but I cant understand why I havent been able to get the scale to move past 158 in over a year? Is it just weight I am meant to be or what I wonder. Im freaking out because I am all out of ideas. Here is my new plan of action, drink water until I float.. and then cardio, no weights, all strength training.. i.e. resistance bands, squats with no equipment.. ect. Freaking.. GOD.. grrr. lol.. Im so frustrated right now.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:58 AM   #2  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I hear your frustration loud and clear. That's a long plateau...I've never had to deal with plateauing (knock on wood) so I don't have any concrete advice. All I can give you is the general stuff, like maybe you're eating too little, or really shake up your workout routine.

Wishing you luck, anyway!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:14 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Er... you've lost 2 dress sizes.... What's bad about that? You're SMALLER than you used to be at this weight. That's a GOOD THING. If you're weight training then the scales are not your friend....

How much smaller do you want to be? A 5/6 sounds pretty tiny to me!

If you want to lose scale weight then stop weight training, eat less, do LOTS of cardio but the weight you'll lose will be muscle mass which is a BAD THING, since muscle mass increases metabolism, which in turn means you can eat a little bit more, since your body burns a little bit more just staying alive.

I'd be absolutely STOKED to be in your position - I love weights I don't give a fig what the scales say - they're a beady-eyed menace. BUT I do care how my clothes fit.

Be thankful for what you have achieved.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Lawdy Woman you are a queen! You've lost over 100 lbs!

I usually wish folks would stop thinking about the past but I'm gonna tell ya ... look to your accomplishments. You are amazing!

Wanna try BFL?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:24 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You might like to read this thread -> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98923

there's quite a lot of profound thought in there, perhaps those last few pounds require some kind of different mindset...
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #6  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Honey, just judging from your picture I think maybe your body's just where it wants to be. Please don't be so focused on a number that you overlook what you've already accomplished; that way lies obsession.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Damn, girl...I'll trade you MY 163 for your 163 in a heartbeat (and I'm taller than you are!!!!) I cannot even come close to a 5/6 dress....I'm ecstatic to be in a pair of size 11 jeans & to wear size 11 dresses.
The point of this is this: From your picture, it is clear that you have are in excellent shape. And I am being honest when I tell you how my 163 stacks up against yours. I truly believe you have muscle, not fat and that you are great where you are. Have you had your body fat measured with calipers by someone who knows what they're doing? That would be the best way I can think of for you to see just how toned you are (and I bet the results would make you very happy!)
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Holy cow...I have to agree with everyone else. I am nowhere NEAR a size 5/6 in the 160's!!!! I literally have to be more like in the 120's, or very lean (low body fat %) 130's to be a 5/6.

In the low 160's...I am normally around a size 12-14!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:59 AM   #9  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Sweetie you ARE being too hard on yourself! If you are in a 5/6 I do NOT care what the scale says! You are doing awesome! You are a huge inspiration for me! I would recommend moving to maintenance at this point. I am sure you have read Glory's story. She moved to maintenance and wound up losing more after she increased her cals a bit? Everyones body IS differnet. I do think you have alot of muscle on you and that you probably would weigh 20 pounds less if not for it. But you would look frumpy. Like some of the trainers here say they see "skinny, fat " people all the time! Measure yourself. Chuck that scale and focus on being healthy! Keep the muscles and keep the weight. If you do have any extra weight that your body(not you!) wants gone, it may be holding onto it when you do less cals, yes I know you upped them and gained. But seriously unless your metabolism is completely out of whack I think 1600 a day MIGHt be okay for you. Let your body know you are getting PLENTY of good nutritious food and it just may go down. Either way I think you are FINE at a 5/6! DOn't be hung up on the scale. I know a girl online who told me that when she used to paddle boat she had an extra 20 pounds of muscle on her!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

This is precisely the reason I don't own a set of scales. I weight myself once a week at work and that's it! Getting fixated on a number will drive you insane. I also agree that the way your clothes fit is a good indicator of your success. My weight hovers between 135 and 140 and I wear a size 8. I know I have more fat than muscle which is why I'm working towards toning up, even if the numbers on the scales go up as long as i'm losing inches i'm happy! Don't beat yourself up over this...
Alora199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:12 PM   #11  
Is on an Infinite Cut

Thanks girls. I dont know why Im "trippin' " I need to learn from my mom, who at 130lbs, was a size 1. All of us girls in my family weigh sooo heavy. The only thing on me that is fat anymore is my arms. They are still fat. Here is a picture.. of my body.. and see my arms. If now for that, then I think I that wouldnt see "fat" so much.

Anyways... I know I just need to chill.. I am going to work on it some more before I throw in the towel and tell myself I will just maintain. My arms are getting bulkier, its like Im putting on muscle UNDER the fat. I need to concentrate more on fat burn because building muscle as NEVER been hard for me.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #12  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Scuse my language, but DAYAM, girl! You look hot!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:15 PM   #13  
Is on an Infinite Cut

well thank u .. hehe
Old 11-29-2006, 12:31 PM   #14  
Is on an Infinite Cut

I meant to ask. What is BFL?