Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-26-2006, 03:28 AM   #1  
Eleny

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Question Which is better? Sole, Bowflex, or Nordictrack

I am looking into purchasing one of these. A F80 Treadmill by Sole or a Bowflex Treadclimber or a Nordictrack 7000 Treadmill. Does anyone have one of these? How do you like it? Is there anything you like better? Thank you for your help.
brismiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 AM   #2  

I tried out a Bowflex treadclimber because I was convinced I wanted one. I didn't care for it at all. It isn't as versitile as a plain treadmill. I'd rather have one with a great incline when I want a tushie workout but just a great wide belt when I want to walk or jog flat. I haven't tried either of the treadmills you listed, but I've heard good things about Sole. I have a Trimline treadmill that I love, but that and the treadclimber were all I tried.

Have you looked at the treadmill doctor? I'm not sure of the exact site name, but google treadmill doctor. Awesome advice. Definately narrowed down my search. Good luck!
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 AM   #3  
Eleny

Thank you for your response. I did find a site that has great reviews also. And It really rated the bowflex low. I have very little space so I am looking at a folding treadmill. Both the Sole and the Nordictrack were rated high. I will check out that site you suggested and see what they have to say also. Thanks again for responding.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have a lot of respect for Sole after looking at buying one of their ellipticals. Although I decided not to buy the sole elliptical, I think they are a pretty good company when it comes to exercise equipment.

I did look at consumer reports to see if any of those treadmills were mentioned in their most recent treadmill ratings (August 2006) and they weren't.

Although you didn't ask about other models, I thought you might find it interesting in your search to look at their findings:

The best model they listed was the Landice L7 Series Pro Sports trainer

The best Buys for non-folding treadmills are the Vision Fitness T9500 Deluxe and T9200 Simple.

The best buys for folding treadmills are the Bowflex 7-series and the Horizon Fitness Performance Series PST8.

I like looking at Consumer Reports to give me a baseline of what I should be looking at. It was helpful when I bought my elliptical, even though I bought an elliptical that they didn't test. There are also many websites out there that have ratings on treadmills.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:06 PM   #5  
Eleny

nelie~ Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. I didn't read Consumers but I go to a few different sites that had reviews. I ended up going with the Nordictrack mainly because the had a great price and they offered payment plans. I will let you all know how it is when it gets here I am excited to get started.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:27 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

On a somewhat unrelated note-

I bought a generic "Bowflex-like" weight machine. The store brand. It works great, although I mainly only use it for my upper body work out. I can see this baby lasting for YEARS - the bows are super tight and ez to use.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:34 AM   #7  
Eleny

aud~ That is great! I have always wanted one, but I don't have the room
Old 12-03-2006, 02:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

I don't have any first hand experience, but my step dad love his bowflex.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote