Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Talking Alternachick chat November 2006

Good morning chickies!

Hope everyone had a great Halloween/Samhain last night!

We had about 15 kids come around which isn't bad considering that our street is only 2 blocks long with not that many house.

Unfortunately my boss brought in his leftover candy so evertime I go into the coffee room there is a ton of chocolate staring me in the face. I will resist!

So I guess the next thing that some of us are gearing up for is American Thanksgiving. When is it this year?
Old 11-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #2  
a brave new me...

US Thanksgiving holiday is November 23-24 this year. I am very happy because my sister and her family who live in Denver are coming home for the week!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

I can't even believe we're in November. sigh.
I didn't have a single trick or treater it was sad. and we have almost devoured all the candy... i told my hubby not to get any but he insisted. we stayed home and watched Shaun of the Dead again. Love that movie.

I'm having my aunt uncle and cousin for Thanksgiving this year and DH is going to be with his family. We're already discussing Christmas plans. I can't wait to have my own place so we can decorate and have our own christmas. Then we can celebrate his family... from afar.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:29 AM   #4  
a brave new me...

Oh I made Halloween very easy this year. No candy. Locked door. Lights out. No problem!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:23 AM   #5  

I love Shaun of the Dead too - hysterical film!

Gorgeous fall day again today! I can see all the lovely fall colours from my office window.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #6  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Hi all - still lurking about - super busy - been keeping up with the goals mainly.

Great to see some new and returning faces.

Gotta run the parents are coming.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:02 AM   #7  

Morning all! A brisk but sunny day here - I love fall!

We have a jam-packed weekend in store. We are going to a food and wine show on Saturday afternoon and a party later in the evening.

Sunday-I'm going to the flea market with my mum and taking her out for a birthday lunch then DH goes to his buddy's to watch pay per view wrestling.

I also need to prepare for a French exam and an interview!
Guess I'll just pace myself through the next 2 months and sleep in January!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 11-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #8  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Crawling out from a pile of boxes to say "hi!"... I am working on packing up my apartment, as the movers will be here Thursday of Friday. I offically have no job for the next 3 weeks.

Good luck on the French exam Mavuais!
Old 11-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #9  

Thanks Sqeaker and good luck with your big move!

I had a blast at the show yesterday and then went to dinner afterwards and to a party till 2:00 a.m.

Slept in a bit, went out for a bit and now I'm back home doing laundry and studying.

We have a little bit of snow here today so it seems that winter is truly upon us.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #10  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

wow - snow already?

My folks were here this weekend so naturally it rained all weekend. But it was on the warm side compared to the temps last weekend. nearly balmy.

Still alive - still lurking - any BSG fans can find me on that board. Not scifi but the other one
Old 11-09-2006, 10:40 AM   #11  

Well the snow didn't stick around for more than one day and then it all melted.

It's been unusually mild here this past week.

I am exhausted this week as I've been practicing a dance routine, working or several projects and trying to keep the house in order, not to mention working at tying up loose ends at the office before I go on vacation next week.

I only have one more French test to prepare for and I am done until the New Year.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:43 PM   #12  
a brave new me...

Its been wonderfully warm here the last couple of days! So nice to be out walking with the dog. The ground is covered with leaves and the sun is shining... beautiful. I guess I better get out and enjoy it as much as I can because before long it is going to be 0 degrees outside.

Had my Wed weight watchers meeting and I am happy to report that I was down 1.2 pounds. I have been going for five weeks and I have lost a total of 10.4 pounds! With the exercise and their flex program I am feeling really confident about long term progress.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

Sojourner: Way to go on the loss. What kind of dog do you have?

I'm in need of some advice for tomorrow. It is my mother in law's b-day and there is a big dinner planned at the Cheescake Factory. So I really want to be good, but I love cheesecake. So do I eat real light for the day and get the cheesecake or do I just say no. I have been good with my eating lately and don't want to have the cheesecake, but I feel like I need a plan or I will cave when I'm there.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:22 PM   #14  
a brave new me...

Hi Spideranne... we just adopted a pug puppy this summer and I have turned into one of those crazy dog owners who thinks their pet is a child! His name is Java and he is a spoiled-rotten puggy whom I adore:

He just makes me so happy and healthy since I walk him all the time and he keeps me smiling and laughing. I noticed you were listing dog walks in your exercise post... what kind of dog do you have?

Regarding the Cheesecake Factory... unfortunately I looked at their website and they don't offer nutritional information... big surprise. SO... I would plan on eating very light tomorrow and the rest of the week with lots of exercise. Maybe just have a light breakfast and some veggie soup for lunch and a small snack mid-day and lots of water. Exercise the day of for longer than usual. Try to eat a light meal when you are there maybe a salad with dressing on the side... otherwise for sure only 1/2 an entree. Then if you want to, order some cheesecake and split with someone or only eat half and take the rest home to enjoy later or send home with someone else. When you order it ask them to bring only 1/2 and box up the other half right away. I am a firm believer that we still can have an occasional treats as long as we have properly dealt with any binge/trigger-food/emotional eating. Savor and enjoy each bite of the cheescake and eat slowly!

Last edited by Sojourner; 11-10-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

Sojourner: Java is so cute!!! I love pugs. We completely treat our dogs as children and love every moment of it. Here is Rufus and Sara. (I couldn't figure out how to attach a picture that wasn't huge - so here is the link to my photobucket)
http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/spideranne/Dogs/

Rufus is the stubborn one. He won't go for walks. You get about a block from the house and he just sits down and won't budge until you head back home. Sara is our ADHD dog. It's always go, go, go with her and she is excited by everything new. Needless to say, she is the one I'm out on walks with.

Thanks for the advice on the meal out. I have my food all planned out for the day and I think I have found a salad on their menu that i can modify. Hubby and I talked about it last night and agreed to split dessert. He competes in Olympic style weightlifting and has been on a very clean diet lately and wants a little bit of a treat, but not the whole thing.
So I'm thinking the night should go OK.
Closed Thread