Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Arrow Holiday challenge (9weeks)

Just thought I would start up a new challenge for the holidays.

The challenge will start November 1 and run through to December 31st.
This will give us 9 weeks to lose, maintain, or limit holiday festivity gain - you choose your own goals.

On top of you own personal goals I challenge everyone who participates to:

1. Try one new healthy recipe in November and to share the recipe with us.

2. Face your Thanksgiving dinner armed with a plan to eat healthy.

3. Find some healthy Christmas ,Yule or Hannukah recipes you can prepare for your celebrations.

4. Share your tips with us on how you stay on plan during the holidays.

Good luck to all of you!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #2  

Okay . . .

For the month of November:

1. I will continue to attend dance class once per week and pratice yoga at home twice a week.

2. I will plan to eat healthy while in California this month and try to stick to vegetarian meals as much as possible.

3. I will not consume all of the leftover Halloween candy!

4. I will try out a new recipe and post it if it is good.

5. I would like to lose 5 lbs by December 15 - DH's office party.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #3  
Pastors Wife

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'2

Default I will take the challenge

I will take it and do my best to stay on track, God know I need it and He will see me through it!!!
I will exercise 5 days a week and stay on my veggies mostly only adding meat here and there and only eat little amounts on Thanksgiving day and stay out of the kitchen...will share a recipe or two and see what happens
Cynthia

Yeah Im down to 164 1/2 now...slowly coming off
Old 11-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #4  
a brave new me...

Ok my first goal is to lose at least 9 pounds by Jan 1 which would put me at 165 by New Year's Day.

My second goal is to intentionally exercise at least 1,830 minutes by Jan 1... this averages out to 30 minutes a day for 61 days.

Come on chickies... WE CAN DO IT!

Old 11-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #5  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Default My News Year's Goal

I have 10 lbs to lose to meet my original goal weight - this will put me in a size 12 jeans (hey I am 5' 10" and a 12 is skinny for me) anyway...

To achieve my goal I will wear my pack every day (with at least 30lbs in it) when I walk my horse for a minimum of 30 mins every day - more is better. I must sweat and breath hard for that time to count.

My buddies and I are reducing our evening hikes (due to darkness) to 1 day a week on either Fri, Sat or Sun (Skipping this weekend) these hikes will be 35-40 lb pack (includes lunch packed) they will be at least 2 hrs hiking into a picnic spot, an hour break for lunch and then however long it takes to hike out. This will be my weekly intensified training day.

I must drink more water - it is so hard to do when not hot.

To keep me from over doing it on the upcoming days of non stop eating - I will make sure that I eat my normal foods regularly to prevent the binging effects of the holidays. I wont allow myself to get hungry.

New recipes are tough for me - but I will think about it.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #6  

aj- no pressure on the recipes! I just thought it might be a fun thing to do.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #7  

Argh! Not only am I facing leftover candy but one of our clients brought me in a box of chocolates as a thank you gift. I have opened them to share with my office mates.

Tonight I am having curried veggies with couscous for supper so I'm getting started.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #8  
a brave new me...

Hey Mauv go check out the Thai Curry Soup recipe I posted in the recipe section... it is SO good!
Old 11-03-2006, 11:03 AM   #9  

Thanks Sojo! It looks really good and I love Thai flavours.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #10  
a brave new me...

Well since New Year's Day is a Monday, I am going to weigh in on Mondays. With a challenge starting weight of 174... today's weight is 172.5... down 1.5 pounds!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #11  

Great idea sojo! I think I will do that too!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:21 AM   #12  

Count me in.....6 pounds by New Years! Weigh In on Mondays, see you then!
I don't have a "plan" right now. I'm waiting for my new jogging stroller to arrive (where areyou??!!) so I can start jogging again. Right now I've been doing a decent job dieting, but very little exercise. I can never seem to do both at the same time!!
Old 11-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #13  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Beings good old AF has been coming so close to the first - I am going to re weigh myself on the 13th (since you all are doing the monday deal) and see if there was any water weight to undo.

And beings my activity is far less - no sun and lots of rain - and this is the home stretch - I should do a weekly WI to keep me focused.

Hopefully we are going to do a really long uphill hike this weekend - in the rain - should be interesting - dont know for sure yet - I can go alone but wont.

Now that folks are gone I hope to get into a housework routine to supplement my lack of outdoor stuff. Yuck, housework - but whatever makes you sweat and breathe hard counts.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

I'd like to join in. I'm new to the forum and to be honest somewhat overwhelmed by all the different sections and threads. I was reading some of the biographys here and it seemed like a good fit.

So was 176 on Mon. Goal is 163, so 13 lbs. I've never really looked out into the future this far before in regaurds to weight so I don't have a plan. I'm just going to go week by week and try to loose a pound or two. Exercise is my weakness, hate it, so I'm going to committ to at least 4 times a week of something. I've walked the dog twice this week so I'm halfway there.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:17 PM   #15  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls
Im back yet again! Started TOPS last night again! This time I will stick with it even when I reach my goal and not leave thinking I ve got it figured out. I am curently 232 and hope to get down to a reasonable 165 to 170. I do not do thin! Athletic but not thin! Hope you are all doing well.
Bye the way, has anyone heard from Ellis in a while??
Chat with you all soon!
Virginia
Closed Thread