Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Default Kick me in the butt!

Would someone please tell me why I should lose wieght. I've forgotten why I'm on this diet. I mean, I know I need to lose weight for health reasons, but I like to eat way too much!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:41 PM   #2  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I like to eat too. The trick is to not be too restrictive and allow yourself treats every now and then. WHat plan are you following? Eat plenty of fiber it is very filling.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:49 PM   #3  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

You don't have to restrict yourself to death. You can still enjoy food; just be careful how much of it you enjoy.

Besides, think of it this way: Wouldn't you rather have MORE years in which to enjoy food, rather than less? Losing weight and getting healthy will extend your life expectancy.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHousewife View Post
Would someone please tell me why I should lose wieght. I've forgotten why I'm on this diet. I mean, I know I need to lose weight for health reasons, but I like to eat way too much!
Enjoying food is what got us here! Lol.... All things in moderation. Don't deprive yourself, just be thoughtful about what you choose. I'm willing to bet that you're doing this for some of the same reasons I am - To feel better physically and mentally, to look better physically, and to get your energy up, and to feel a sense of balance. My goal for the day was to track my calories and I have stayed under so far! Taking good care of yourself will be worth it. Hang in there, we all have a tough day sometimes.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:09 PM   #5  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Being a weight that your happy at can make you feel really good about yourself. And a little thing like feeling good about yourself can make life so much more enjoyable. Thats my motivation anyway. I want to be happy with the way i look so that i can be comfortable in my own body. Keep going. It will be worth it.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

This past year I went from weighing 198 to 167 in 2 weeks. Now before anyone gets alarmed and thinks I'm nuts or that I've found the best plan around: that was all baby weight after giving birth. My point is that I felt GREAT carrying a much lighter load. And because it was such a short time frame of a loss of 30 pounds in 2 weeks, it was so noticeable. I felt such a difference in my energy level, body pains such as the back and knees, and just the ability to get around easier. Gaining all this weight over the past year really made me realize how hard it is for people living life carrying a lot of extra weight. And according to those 2 doctors from Oprah's show, the hard fat that lives in your stomach overwhelms your liver and causes all sorts of very serious health conditions. Nevermind how good you'll feel about yourself looking slimmer. These are just some of the reasons why you are doing what your doing. Keep it up luv
Old 11-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feels. NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feels. NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feel. Yup there are days when I need to repeat this over and over again.

I also am a food lover, but I'm beginning to love myself more. But I still love food. Heck I love the food that I'm eating now. It's just waaayy healthier then the stuff I was eating before. I make some really good tasty, healthy food. I want to be around for my grandchildren, and in good physical shape. I want to wear nice clothing. I want to run up a flight of stairs. I don't want diabetes or high blood pressure or heart disease. And neither do you.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:34 PM   #8  

[QUOTE=rockinrobin;1482408]NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feels. NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feels. NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feel. Yup there are days when I need to repeat this over and over again.
QUOTE]

Isn't that the truth?
Old 11-27-2006, 08:20 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

I don't know why you should lose the weight. Other than for the obvious physical and psychological reasons. Other than the desire to be the best you can be.
I can totally relate to you, completely and absolutely. I LOVE eating. I LOVE the taste and texture of food, and one is simply NOT enough. I get it. I get where you are coming from.
This decision has to be from within. It has to do with realizing that, as much fun as it is to eat, it isn't good for you. ANYTHING to excess isn't good for you. Just don't wait for the health scare to kick your butt. Don't wait for an overweight family member to succumb to an obesity-related issue to kick your butt. You HAVE to do this for your health, for your family's well-being, and for your own self. You HAVE to take care of yourself, to take care of everyone else.
In my case, my weight was a symptom of not growing up - I'm going to do what I want to do when I want to do it, and no one can stop me. But, I only hurt myself in the process. I had to grow up and be reasonable.
I don't know what you are dealing with, only that I know that if you decide to do something, it can be done. Absolutely. You've already been successful. Keep it up!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Just some random thoughts from someone still fighting the good fight!!!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:54 PM   #10  
Keeping It Simple

S/C/G: 185/178.5/115

Height: 5' 2"

Because you want to be healthy AND look like a hottie?
Old 11-28-2006, 01:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

When I was at my heaviest All I thought about all day was how depressed & sad I was letting myself get that heavy..it really zaps a ton of energy worrying about being obese all the time..Now I concentrate on looking good,eating right & working out almost daily...It's also great to get all those compliments after the weight goes down some...shopping also is fun now..hope that helps a little...
Closed Thread