Old 11-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/253.5/140

Default Thanksgiving Day Dinner

Hi all,

How did you do on Turkey Day? Were you able to resist the temptations of stuffing, cakes, pies and all the other "bad" goodies that go along with the day?

Unfortunately, I did not make it through the day, however I was able to stop the carb intake on Friday. It also helped that my hubby and children finished off rest the "bad" goodies also.

Hope each of you faired better than I, and if you didn't hope you were able to quickly get back to the business of losing weight.
lrgnlvly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:14 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

WOW! Congrats on being able to STOP on Fri lyrgnlvly! Over the years I've been such a "one bite and its OVAH" type eater - with a bite of pie etc leading to an "Ahh the heck with it" mentality. That you were able to get right back on track Friday is AWESOME!

I managed Txgiving well, because I was prepared - and even managed to not feel DEPRIVED. Made some recipes from this very site--MacaFONI & Cheese for comfort and a pumpkiny dessert that was delish.

Friday - at another Holiday gathering - I ate induction foods only - but succumbed to several Bud Lights in the evening!LOL!

Managed to stay on track yesterday and the outlook for today is gloriously LC! The trick is going to be to get some EXERCISE in today. (And MORE H2o )
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I didn't do as well as I did last Thanksgiving when I was still actively trying to lose more weight. But, I did limit myself to the better choices and little dessert. I maintained my same wt. and am happy with this.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:05 AM   #4  
Going to ONEderland

I ate turkey, green beans, salad, and strawberries with splenda and cream.

I ate a lot of strawberries, but I avoided all the bready, starchy and sweet foods others were eating. I felt SO proud of myself too, for doing that that it was fully worth it.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:07 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I ate the same thing I've eaten the previous 2 Thanksgivings....dry turkey (no gravy) & a couple spoonfuls of green beans. While everyone was eating pie & cannoli for dessert....I had a cup of Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea with a little Splenda.....yummmmmmmm!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Default Thanksgiving Day WAHOOOO

I had a remarkable thing happen on Thanksgiving - my cousin sneaked up to me and said "Ok, I've got to know, how much have you lost!" Wow, that was the first time anybody noticed!!!!! That's a milestone!! Made me swell with pride. She only sees me a few times per year and she noticed!

Now afterwards, I wasn't as good as I could have been, but I was better than I have been. I had 3 servings of green beans - yep 3. I was hungry. 1 serving of my own very low carb green bean almondine and 2 of dear auntie's green bean casserole (reasonable servings of course). Also 2 servings of turkey, one with a tiny tiny bit of gravy. NO potatoes. No rolls. One 1 inch square of broccoli cornbread (it looked better than the rolls). About 2 cups salad - I called ahead to be sure there would be one. 1/2 egg deviled - would have been more but the one I ate tasted oddly sweet. and one sliver of coconut pie and one sliver of chocolate pie. No sweet potatoes. No white potatoes. No corn. No dressing. No rolls. No cake. No pecan pie. No junk from horderves served before meal.

I will admit - the chocolate pie was my "cherry on top." My granny who is very disabled now made it - and it was STILL WARM. OMG - that was heaven.

The rest of the day was low carb. I'm very proud of my Thanksgiving day. The highlights were my cousing noting my wt loss, my 6 yr old cousin saying grace, and that warm chocolate pie. Only one highlight had calories!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote