Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #1  

Default Help, where to find clothes to workout

I need help in finding plus sized clothes for workouts. Do you have any reviews? It is still very warm here. Any ratings on Danskin leggings or capris like the kind Lane Bryant has online?

Please help me, none of my old stuff fits. I need EVERYTHING -- preferably for Curves or weightlifting plus treadmill or bike. Sadly, money is an issue. I would prefer to wash every night than spend more than $200 for workout clothes in Christmas month.
lulu777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #2  

I can't help with reviews, but check justmysize.com for off-price plus-size workout gear. "Wicking" fabrics, which are always some kind of polyester (not cotton) will generally dry overnight from being rinsed out.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I'm about your size and you should be able to pick up everything you need from Walmart. They have their own store brand called Athletic Works, or something like that. Their workout gear goes up to a 18/20 in their standard size area. You can probably wear that or even a 14/16. I live in bike shorts (the longer, mid-thigh kind, not the shorties), and long tankinis with the built in bras. I use that for the treadmill and weight lifting. If I'm in a gym situation, I just throw on a t-shirt over it. WM has some cute exercise t's that fit over it all as well, but you could use anything you have on hand for that piece. Each item at WM is about $9.88 or so, you may even find some things on clearance. You should be able to get about 3 sets of everything to get you thru a week's wash for $60.

I would NOT recommend the Danskin line; also carried at Walmart. Their sizes tend to run small and will only disappoint you, even the XL's do not seem to fit me yet.

Good luck and have fun with the shopping! Let us know how you make out!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:16 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

if you spend a little more and get wicking you can let them air dry after a workout and not wash them every time. I run and except for the bra, I wash them every 3-4 runs. If I were working out indoors I might just do a cold water rinse and air dry inbetween.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:17 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Junonia always had some nice plus-sized workout stuff. It was a little on the pricey side as I remember, but it held up a lot better (generally) than the Target or Walmart stuff I tried.

Champion also has a nice plus sized line--I still use it even though I'm not plus sized anymore and have more options. Sometimes I could find it at a Leggs/Hanes/Bally outlet for more savings.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote