South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 07:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thanksgiving Thursday Chat

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! We woke up to howling winds and pouring rain, but it should start clearing up around noon. I have my turkey in a salt bath before I pop it in the oven. I'm concerned that I won't have room in the oven for the stuffing, corn pudding and sweet potato souffle! Oh, well, I can always take them to my mother's and borrow her oven if I have to. We're only having around 10 people for dinner, a lot smaller than usual, but this year is my DS's turn to spend with his MIL, and my brother's family is doing the same. Monica's family will be here, though, and they're staying overnight, so I probably won't be able to check in tomorrow. We'll be up early to go to a few sales, and then I want to get back to put up the tree.
Well, time to refill my coffee cup and start cooking!

Old 11-23-2006, 08:14 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all the American Chicks! I'm sure you will all be super-busy today and over the weekend. Don't spend too much on Black Friday!

Last night was not good! i forgot to give Lucy her meds and she had me up until after two. They finally kicked in and we slept in until after seven. So strange to have it nearly bright when I wake up!

This morning I am off to Brockville for a haircut and may do a bit of shopping. Harry's birthday is Friday and I hope to pick up somethings to make him feel a bit festive! I am going to staqrt decorating his room for Christmas early in December. He doesn't care how it looks but I do!

Have a lovely day with family and friends.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:35 AM   #3  

HAPPY TURKEY DAY

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,

MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.

MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP.

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS,

MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,

MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS

Enjoy Chicks! See y'all tomorrow!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:19 AM   #4  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Schatzi- I loved that!!!

I am eating today....not legal gals, but I will hop back on the train in the morning.....I will watch my portions though

Happy Thanksgiving ladies!!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #5  

Morning girlies!

HAPPY THANKGIVING!!

I hope that you all have a wonderful day!! Cupcakes are baked, holiday mashed taters are made, and I am going to put the turkey in around noon. I have only done the turkey once before, so keep your fingers crossed that it turns out! I still have a bit of cleaning to do, but family isn't arriving until 3:30 or so, so I have plenty of time.

Have a wonderful holiday all!!
Old 11-23-2006, 03:33 PM   #6  
Slimwithin

Greetings. Thanks, Ruth, for giving me the URL to SBD forums. I used to post regularly in the Low Carb forum but somehow got away from it (as my weight climbed). I've tried SBD before but couldn't get through Phase 1 due to my problem with so many eggs for breakfast. Thanks again, Ruth, for telling me there are now more options for Phase 1. I just may survive the first two weeks after all. I'm eager to try the recipe for Mock Waffles. Yummy! I wonder how they'd turn out in my mini George Foreman grill.
I dug out my original SBD book on Sunday and my starting day was Monday (isn't it always?) I'll be weighing in on Mondays too. Already, I'm feeling more energetic. I've been to Curves twice this week after not attending for over a month, and I went to the pool yesterday and did a mild workout. This is a big deal for me as I've been going through depression since March after our daughter had a stillborn baby boy. I just couldn't seem to get back into the diet and exercise groove. Now, though, because of health problems due to diabetes and arthritis, I really must turn myself around. I look forward to getting to know you all. Now, I'm going out to buy some low fat turkey bacon and sausage. Oh joy! I LOVE the recipe forum.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice to see you here, girlfriend! We Canadian Chicks are going to just ignore those turkey and pumpkin pie addicts today!

I got my haircut, did some shopping, got more meds for Lucy and also finally resolved the missing bike hardware problem. I got "Rick" at the 800 number and found out he has a cottage near here although he is based in kitchener. He's even been to the Long Horn so we are practically related. Anyhow I am going to take a picture of the assembly hardware I do have and attach it to an email. Then he'll send me the missing stuff. I love technology!

Now I'm going to get a Fresca, light the woodstove and snuggle with my furries and a book until it's time for supper and to go to the Fair Board meeting.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #8  

Hi Linda--having a friend in Ruthie is like having your own gaurdian angel What you and your family have gone through is just heartwretching but we're here to help you eat for your health and wellbeing!

I am proud of myself today! I think 1/4 cup of stuffing and 1 slab of cranberry jelly were my only splurges! I've been on phase 1 again the last week and it is amazing how the change in eating effects my desire for carby stuff....

and well I made no dessert this year... DH is having a Atkinish icecream sundae.. and I am having some dark chocolate-- and we will share a BIG KISS
Old 11-24-2006, 12:10 AM   #9  

Today was a nice day. We spent the afternoon over at friends and I stayed mostly OP with a few minor indulgences. I brought 4 bean salad and homemade cranberry sauce with Splenda and only tried a little stuffing but it was made with whole wheat bread so it should be mostly okay.

Tomorrow I'll be fixing two small turkeys, serving ham, and lots and lots of sides. All OP. I'm fixing dutch oven apple crisp which is totally OP so I need to eat that and stay away from the pies my friend is bring that are not OP. Usually I'm too busy to eat too much anyway.

I did make the mistake of logging on and checking email about two hours ago. And I have an email from a customer about an outage so I've spent the last 2 hours on the phone trying to escalate the issue (and another one I found) so they can help with root cause analysis. I do have my team lead on the phone too since he is actually on call (and I'm on vacation).

My physical is tomorrow morning at 8:30 so I don't know when I will post. It might be Saturday before I can post next.
Closed Thread