Old 11-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default new books!

I got 2 new books and they are both great. Since it's been a really long time since I've even purchased a pagan themed book because I usually just can't stand the gear towards teens - I am excited to share.

The first one is called Witch Crafts 101 Projects for Creative Pagans - it's all crafty things to make, and it's pretty varied. There is a chapter on fauna, like making things with leather and stuff, and some pagans feel very strongly against that... but i'm not one of them... and really there is a lot of neat stuff so even if I did I think i'd still at least want to flip through the book to get some ideas.

the other is really coo it's Celtic Folklore Cooking by Joanne Asala. It has a bunch of traditional recipes, broken down like any other cook book, veggies, main dishes soups etc... but in between the recipes are stories and folklore and old myths and things. I am excited to read through it all. Only disappointment is there are no pictures, which I do like in cookbooks.

Anybody else find anything good lately?
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Those both sound like good finds! I especially would like to get a look at that craft one. I haven't had much time to read lately, I've been too busy with crafts I just finished a counted cross-stich for my dad that was on 18 count black Aida, boy was that a pain! Now I'm doing one for my husband, much smaller than the last (don't rememeber dimensions) and on beige Aida. Plus the kids LOVE to give crafty gifts for the holidays, so we'll be starting those too!
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:45 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yay for crafts. I just finished a cross stitch for my cousin for her wedding. I found on a google search a Hello Kitty Ctulu, it's so cute. I'm making it to hang up in my cube at work. I love doing cross stitch. I have been looking all over for something like this i'm really excited to do some pagan geared crafts.

I made a wheel of the year and it's neat, but i am not sure how to finish it.... in fact, here's a link a picture.. if you have any suggestions...

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/lpattee/crafty/
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:58 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Cool! Thanks for the info - they both sound like interesting books.

Just checked out your photos - no suggestions but I think your wheel is beautiful!
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:54 PM   #5  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm a beader, myself. I'm scrounging money to buy a bead loom right now...once I have one, I can start making all kinds of pretty things; tapestries, chokers, etc. Window hangings could be pretty if I use translucent beads, to give sort of a stained-glass effect.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yay for crafts. I just finished a cross stitch for my cousin for her wedding. I found on a google search a Hello Kitty Ctulu, it's so cute. I'm making it to hang up in my cube at work. I love doing cross stitch. I have been looking all over for something like this i'm really excited to do some pagan geared crafts.

I made a wheel of the year and it's neat, but i am not sure how to finish it.... in fact, here's a link a picture.. if you have any suggestions...

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/lpattee/crafty/
That is beautiful, sorry no suggestions here either..........I think my head is going to implode, I've been sick since Sunday and I can't get rid of this headache
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote