Old 11-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly Chat - November 20th - 26th

Good Afternoon

Just popping in to say hello to my Atkins buddies

How was everyone's weekend? Are you all set for the holidays in planning your OP strategy?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:57 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone.
I got unexpected money in the mail today. So, I'm headed to the mall to finish up my Christmas shopping. Yeah. I had an old IRA account at a hospital that I had worked at briefly 10 yrs. ago. I had forgot all about it. I only had $1600 in this account. The hospital recently sold and they paid out cash to all acct.s that were under $5000.00. I would never have requested that money, forgot it was even there. This isn't my main IRA. I plan to use it to finish my shopping, so DH doesn't have to keep working so much overtime for our Christmas money. He is wore out and I know it will be a big relief to him. (He worked 96 hrs. this week). Christmas is always hard for us with 6 kids, 2 of their spouses, a total of 3 grandkids, plus parents. DH had also worked at that same hospital as an ambulance driver and received $300.00 today.

I had mentioned on here how stressed out , thin and sickly my son has been. His dad sent him a certified check today that will cover any expenses that he owes from his apartment. It was a great relief to him. (I had encouraged Shane to call his dad and request some of this money. It was in savings bonds that I had allowed his dad to keep $200.00 monthly from his child support for 18 yrs. to save for Shane). Now, my son can be debt free again and this should definitely reduce his stress. At first Shane was too ashamed to call his dad and say he needed this money. I explained to him that it was his own money that I had allowed his dad to save for him and that it was there for him whenever he needed it. Now, he's glad he listened.

Anyways, I'm having a good day. Waiting on DD to get ready to go shopping. She is 14 and takes 2 hrs. to get ready to go anywhere.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

We had a lot to do this morning, our fireplace insert was cleaned.Than all the running around was next,post office,bank,shopping,hopefully I will be able to get some walking done some time today.

We're going to have a small turkey breast instead of the large bird this year.Don't need any leftovers after Thanksgiving,that will be not used.Going on our cruise next Sunday,but we're going to have all the trimmings such as stuffing,butternut squash,green beans,brussel sprouts & gravy. The only thing we're leaving out is the dessert.My plan is to take a little of each food.

Leenie-Had a wonderful weekend,as it was our 40th wedding anniversary,and our DD send us a video of the grandkids singing & dancing to "We Love You Grandma & Grandpa, Happy Anniversary" They we're so cute,it brought my DH & I to tears of joy.

Lily-Congrats on your extra Christmas Spending Money. You sound like you have a wonderful family.I always wanted 4 children instead of two,but at that time, DH lost his job,and we we're scraped His brother helped us though. Now we do that for our son also,when he down and out. Happy he has turned stress free.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 11-20-2006 at 04:15 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:51 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

I can't seem to get back to LC for some reason. I'm thinking because my schedule is so eratic I'm not able to sit and figure out meals so just pop the fastest thing I've got in my mouth. Meals on the go type thing. I now have fruit in the house--so that'll be a step up from the junk I had been eating. I stepped on the scale this morning and was VERY discouraged at what I saw. But I brought it on myself. I also know that I'm not going to be able to do a thing about it until after Friday. Then I should be able to have more of my routine back and I should manage to concentrate on what's going on meal wise. Hopefully I can repair the damage in a week or two afterwards!! but for now...it's time for me to hit the hay! Night...
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:39 PM   #5  
lilybelle

I went to the bank with my son and helped him open up a savings acct. with his bonds. They were more than double the face value. So he has quite a chunk of money. He's very pleased. His dad sent him a note saying that he was sending the bonds to him anyway because they were fully matured and time to cash because no more intererst could be accumulated on them. My son can get out of debt and pay his jeep off with the money and still have some money left. I am happy because this had all been stressing me out too.

I am back from shopping. OMG, I bought the stores out. I have tons of things to wrap. Me and DD ate dinner out, needless to say it wasn't very low carb. Maybe I can stay on program for Tues and Wed. and then hope back into the groove of things on Friday. I feel fat and bloated right now. I gots to do better than this.

Brenda, have you seen a deer yet?

BB, I only had 2 children, but married a man with 4. So there is 6 total. I am from a large family and when we all get together there is about 35 of us. We all help each other if one of us is in a bind, it just goes in circles as who needs help and who is able to help at the time. LOL
Old 11-21-2006, 09:53 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning

Well, this is the first time Ive been able to sit and read up on what everyone is up to. Ive been in incredible pain over the weekend, went to the dentist yesterday to have the guilty tooth taken care of. But Im not sure its fully taken care of. Im still in quite a bit of pain, throbbing even thru the pain meds. I wait until the meds wear off before taking any more, just to see if the pain is lessoning. Well, I think it is....but its so hard to tell when its so intense.

Im not eating lc, but Im not eating very much at all. Toast, and cup-a-soup. Thats about it...even water upsets my tummy. I really hope its been fixed, and I dont have to go back!!

Lily....what a wonderful relief for your family. Its so nice when money arrives when its needed...and from unexpected places
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #7  

Lily, my SIL and dh each got a deer. 4 of the boys are hunting and hoping.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:06 PM   #8  
lilybelle

Robin, yes unexpected money is always great. Especially at Christmas time. I spent every penny of mine and some extra too. But, my shopping is almost finished. Sorry to hear of your tooth pain. I have a dental appt. for in the morning to get my chipped tooth fixed. I've considered cancelling it and going after Thanksgiving. My DH will gripe, so I guess I'll go ahead and go. I hate going to dentists.

I'm back on plan with my eating today. Yeah.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:18 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone! New here but already find the Forum so motivational getting back on track with the only "diet"/lifestyle that ever worked for me/felt GREAT on.

Now if I could just get some unexpected Christmas $$$ !
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:29 PM   #10  
lilybelle

Welcome, aud
Glad that you joined us here . This program works great when followed. Best wishes on successful weight loss for you.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:55 PM   #11  
Going to ONEderland

Day 2 of my no cheat challenge is going well. I hate my scale, but that is another issue. No ketosis yet either. Maybe tomorrow morning.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:44 AM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Tx for the Welcome lilyb . . . saw your pics and they are absolutely awesome! Congrats! Between your amazing pics and Sherry's Challenge - I am so Atkins-Psyched!

Gonna surf around for some tried and true fave lc dish for the Holidays . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:04 AM   #13  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome Aud!!

Aud!!

If you want to find great lc recipes...google Lindas Low Carb. The recipes are fantastic & there are lots that are suitable for Induction (she has them marked with a *). My personal favorite is the Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Its good to have you here. You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement! You CAN do this!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:29 AM   #14  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

to all the new folks Ive missed over the last week.

I almost feel back to normal....and thats pretty great!!!

Depending on how my stomach is feeling today, I just might get back to induction. Im still on soft foods, I cannot clench or chew hard stuff, so I'll see how it goes today.

I have the turkey out thawing, I have to go get some potatoes for tomorrow...Im cooking this year. I'll a low carb cheese cake for dessert, and I think Im all set. No stuffing this year....Ive been too out of it to even think about it. Maybe some stovetop?

Have a good day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #15  
Going to ONEderland

Have a good day everyone. Low carb cheesecake? sounds good can you share the recipe?

Brenda, today isn't a great day to suggest trying to get back on plan with tomorrow staring us all in the face, but if you have Friday off? You might sit down and plan your meals for 3 days. Getting back to Atkins is much easier when you have taken the time to plan to have the right kinds of food in the house.

I tend to buy Havarti cheese, and other kinds of cheeses for snacks or variety. Salami all sliced is easy to grab when hungry or sliced ham, or boiled eggs or even deviled eggs (can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge).

Planning is always the key for me. If I forget to plan how I'm going to have the right foods in the house (and not have the wrong ones to tempt me), then it is way too easy to tell my husband to run out and get us fast food, and then I have to eat what he brings.

That isn't always bad, sometimes he brings things I can eat on low carb.

One thing I've been eating a lot of lately is chicken tostadas. A local Mexican restaurant makes them for me without beans, I don't eat the tortilla, and it is like a hot chicken salad. They put lots of chicken on it for me, some sour cream, some salsa, lots of lettuce a little cheese and some avocado. It is yummy and filling and only costs me about 2.69 for one.

There are ways to do this once you've set your mind to it. For me that is the HARDEST part. If I don't really WANT to do low carb, I can think of all kinds of reasons not to. But when I am in that mode, I tend to just keep on putting on the pounds.

Lillybelle's example here has motivated me. Thinking of making it a lifestyle and doing it for the rest of my life with only occasional "special day" deviations seems like something I can do if I only keep on being consistent and trying.

Consistency is my biggest challenge that I must conquer in my life. I tend to be very inconsistent with so many things I do. Learning to conquer that bad habit of mine will help me to reach my goals. At least I truly hope so.

My scale hasn't moved much in a few days and that frustrates me, but I'm trying to be consistent and hang in there. I am sending you some good wishes and willpower vibes. Plan ahead and it will all be easier. That is if you really WANT it. If not? Be honest with yourself and examine what it really is you do want.

For me? I really really want to be able to show my husband a thin me one of these days.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote