Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-20-2006, 09:48 AM   #1  
Isa from Chile

S/C/G: 181/181/132

Height: 5.4

Default Loosing my mind

Hi, well not everyone knows me because i`m not a big poster, but i wanted to share this with someone who will understand me.
I was on a diet, a very strict one and 2 days ago my weight loss stop and i even gained a pound without overeating so i feel very frustrated so yesterday i eated a little piece of a cake and i feelid like the worst crap in the world, i even try to trow it, it was very bad. I can`t continue like this, im at the door for an alimentary disorder and i don`t want to, so today i up my calory intake into 300 more, a lot for me, i was eating poorly. I hope to be abble to learn to eat well, i added some more proteins to my diet and also a pita bread at breakfast (i was not eating any carbs) I hope to do well this time. This is going to be a hard week, my dad in in Canada in a bussiness trip during this week (i`m from Chile) and he is my most important support. Yeah i`m 25 but here is not innusual to live with your parents until you get married, i also went to college in the city and i have all the space and liberty that i need plus all the love from my family who is living to a **** know. My grandma was terminal cancer, so we are all in bad shape. I feel much better taking all this out. Sorry if i bored you guys and sorry for my english, spanish is my primary lenguage
Thanks and bye
Isa
ravotrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Overly restrictive diets eventually make me eat too much (out of my control) and hate myself. I was only successful long term when I finally let myself EAT. Please join us in the Whole Foods forum - all about eating healthy and losing weight!

PS Your English is great
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #3  

Isa, I think you look great in your picture. I think the media has made us so obssessed about how we look. You might enjoy the thread Inuitive Eating #2. But I understand how you would like to lose weight. This is a great place for support and information. Enjoy!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:53 AM   #4  
Isa from Chile

Thanks very much for your answers
Old 11-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Your English is MUCH better than a lot of people I know (and used to teach) who were BORN here!!!

Your picture is beautiful. I hope you find some discussions here that lead you to a way of eating that will work for you without causing you stress! For me personally, it's Calorie Counting but everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you. Buena suerte y no peirda la fe! (Sorry - my Spanish is not good even though I made As in college in all my Spanish classes!)
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #6  

Smile

Hi, I also think you look great. Perhaps you could just not worry so much about dieting and just stick to learning about good food choices. There is so much infomation about what to eat and what not to eat, it will drive you mad sometimes .

I know that my body feels better when I eat protein, and gains weight very easy on carbs, so I look for foods that are the best nurtrient packed foods.
Perhaps you could keep a dairy about how you feel after you have eaten.
You don't need to go without food to get where you want to go. In fact your body won't let you, it will get very stubborn
And of course to feel really great and look sensational , exercise .

Now to go and practise what I preach
kiwichic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:37 PM   #7  
Isa from Chile

Thanks for the kind words, the picture is from summer (February) i`m 14 pounds heavier now. I will go to a doctor to get a good food plan and also work the subject with my psicologist and shrink. Thanks very much for your help guys, is nice to see that u can find friends in the all world

Isa
Old 11-21-2006, 08:42 PM   #8  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

I can't say anything that the others haven't. Just wanted to send my support. I saw a Dr on Oprah once saying that its not good to check the scale that much, he actually said if you start a diet, fine get on the first day but don't check back again for months. He said that sometimes your body gets confused if you are trying to lose or not lose, so sometimes it might hold on to it ...it flucuates for a reason...I don't know...it was a good show that she had that day though. You do look great, even if you are 14 pounds heavier than in the photo. You have had a lot of stress in your life...and you've come to the right place for support. You can do it, you will get to where you want to be.
And your English is great! My sister in law is from Bogota, Colombia and I've been listening to her English and watching her try to write it for years...you are doing a great job!! Wish I could speak and write Spanish!
GOOD LUCK and hang in there.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:46 PM   #9  

Smile

Here's a good book to read.
Super Foods To boost Your Mood :
Foods that fight depression
By Alexandra massey with Anita Bean

I'm reading it right now. I think it's a great read.

I would love to learn Spanish, don't know if I would be able to , might sign up for a class in the new year.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #10  
Isa from Chile

Hi. Firs of all i wanna thank everyone for your words, they have help me to tell to my mom. Next week we`re going to a doctor and to a nutricionist to have a dieting plan, i`m past my bmi. My sister went this week because they she was insuline resistant, i also take the test but i don`t have it, and also my mom is diabetic.

I also wanted to share that yesterday i graduate from university, now i have a diploma (actually 2) to show. My dad is gonna be so proud, he couden`t make it to the graduation, he is in Canada for bussiness and i miss him, but he told me by mail that he will get for my and my sis an exercise bike, so we both get in shape.

Well guys thanks for your suport and i`m here if you want spanish lessons or a translation

greetings from Chile

Isa
Old 11-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #11  

Smile

Hi ravotrina, congrats on the diploma, what are you studying ?
How cool your dad is getting you a bike each, what a nice dad .

I'm also past my bmi (waaaayyyy past ). It's good to hear that you past the doctors test, sorry that your sister wasnt' so lucky. I hope that a better diet will help her.

What's the normal casual greeting in spanish ?
Old 11-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #12  
Isa from Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwichic View Post
Hi ravotrina, congrats on the diploma, what are you studying ?
How cool your dad is getting you a bike each, what a nice dad .

I'm also past my bmi (waaaayyyy past ). It's good to hear that you past the doctors test, sorry that your sister wasnt' so lucky. I hope that a better diet will help her.

What's the normal casual greeting in spanish ?
Hi. I have a major on journalism and a minor in comunications science. Yes, luckily i have a great dad and a great family, i`m very thanksful for that, now i can be on a diet and exercise rutine with my sis, she has always been skinny, when she was 15 she had anorexia, she was even in the hospital so is hard for her, i hope to be abble to help her.

The normal greeting will be

Saludos or suerte

Saludos a todos

Isa