Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-18-2006, 10:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Default You on a Diet question

I watched the repeat on Discovery Health last night. The waist measurement thing has me a little concerned. I've lost twenty pounds, am just barely within the normal BMI range, and still need to lose 4 inches off my waist (WITH the suck in!!). Aaack! It's not like I don't have plenty of fat to lose from elsewhere (got a couple of slabs of back fat that have got to go).

I guess I'm going to have to go buy the book. Also, how hard is it it to find prepared foods that don't have the forbidden ingredients. I thought I was doing great with my 100% whole wheat english muffins this morning until I looked at the ingredients. HFCS is the third ingredient!
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:00 PM   #2  

I wouldn't freak out too much. If you are eating right HFCS in moderation isnt going to kill you. Just make sure you are having a balanced meal and you should be fine. Good luck losing those extra inches.
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:06 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

kateful, I'm in the same position. I have reached my goal weight, but I still need to lose inches from my waist too. My waist is getting smaller, VERY slowly. Just wanted you to know that you're not alone in this.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #4  

Soory if i sounded a tad harsh yesterday i was running out of the door. You will lose the inches just like you have the weight. We are all in this together, i just didnt want you to get down on yourself about HFCS. Continue the hard work.
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #5  

Smile

And don't forget a smoothie with all the good stuff in it. I love smoothies , great for when you are in a rush and when it's hot , when you don't really know what to have... etc etc...

And if you want to give it a real boost , put Amaranth in it, it's brilliant for adding lots of essentials that you body needs
kiwichic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:50 PM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'm in the same boat. My waist is the last place I seem to be able to lose inches. My hips keep getting narrower and narrower but my waist stays the same. In some size charts, my waist is a size 10 and my hips are a size two! How can that be?
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:46 PM   #7  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Okay I'm pretty new to the board and diets in general, forgive me, but what is HFCS??
Thanks!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #8  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

High Frutose Corn Syrup
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote