Old 11-19-2006, 07:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 277/277/160

Height: 5'8"

Wink Desperate newbie!!!!

Hi everyone. I'm new here ) and yes, desperate. I'm 33, 2 kids, single...and as of tonight...hold on....I weigh 277. I've always been the big girl. And, as many others I'm sure, have always gotten the 'such a pretty face' comment. My problem I know is emotional. I know HOW to lose weight, I've just chosen not to. Why you ask? Good question. Lazy? Not really. I stay busy with work and kids. Couch potato? No. I don't even watch TV that much, just 3 shows I must watch each week. I read instead...which is just as bad on my derrier.

So...what now? I'm heading in the direction of yet another 'get healthy' phase. They usually last a month or so. I reall really want to make this stick. I do WANT to be healthy, not just skinny, but healthy. I broke out my old WW stuff and decided to go that route. Not joining the meetings, just food tracking and all that good WW stuff.

I even worked out for a bit this evening. And I'm making my daughter start walking with me again nightly. So please wish me luck! And my best to all of you!!!! We all deserve to be happy and healthy!!
bootybegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:34 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome toomuch ~ glad you've joined us. Sounds like you are off to a good start ~ sometimes making that first step is the hardest part, but once you do that you are on your way. Go, go, go ~ you can do this!!!!!
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:50 PM   #3  

Height: 5.6

Thumbs up

Good for you Toomuch! You are definitely in the right direction....

I know what you mean about reading.... I am an avid reader myself! I certainly have the ability to get lost for hours in a good book.

I am new here as well - there is so much good information and support around. You are right - we owe it to ourselves to be healthy - we definitely deserve it!

Hope to see you around!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #4  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the forum toomuch! Good luck on your lifestyle change!! It won't be easy, but it will be well worth it. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #5  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Welcome in! I too can get lost in a good book. In fact, if I'm reading a book I don't want to stop to do anything else at all! One solution may be to get the books on tape from the library, pop them into a headset and listen to the book while you walk or workout.....good luck!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:00 AM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Toomuch!

I, too, am an avid reader! My other problem is that I really ENJOY food! When you mix the two together it can really pack on the pounds! I'm finding out a lot about stress, too, and how the stress causes you to pack on belly fat. It is a very complicated thing to lose weight!

I WILL tell you that once the weight starts coming off there ARE a lot of big benefits! I can move around so much easier and am buying clothes in the Misses department rather than the plus-sized department for the first time in 25 years. THAT has felt GREAT! I have more energy now and am finding that it definitely IS possible to find time to exercise each day.

Another big benefit of exercise is that by adding more muscle and eliminating more fat, the muscle NEEDS more calories to survive. Because of that I can eat more and still maintain my weight. I LOVE THAT!!!

Try planning out your day on paper. You will find a time slot or several smaller time slots that you can use for YOU. Try fitting in some exercise and watch portions of food that you are eating. You can do this! The benefits are HUGE!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:37 AM   #7  

Thanks for the support everyone!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

You've got a lot of good advice here. My only addition to you is to consider changing your user name. When I look at it, I see self-defeat already because you see yourself as having "too much" to lose. How about something really positive like "goingtolose" or "losingitall"? The messages we give ourself can be powerful positives or negatives. Just a thought. . .
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #9  

Thanks for the advise Sheila. I actually thought about the name possibly being negative last night. It was how I felt at the time, and do for the most part. I went in to see if I can change it, but I don't see a way without re registering.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:35 PM   #10  
Meg

It's easy to change your user name (and lots of others have done it ) ... just send a PM to Suzanne 3FC - she's the site administrator - with several new choices (in case your first choice is already taken). You've got a great attitude and need a name to go along with it.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:17 PM   #11  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchtoolose View Post
And, as many others I'm sure, have always gotten the 'such a pretty face' comment.
No, I've never ONCE heard that, hahaha. Welcome & good luck!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

So, soon to be ex-toomuchtoloose, what is your plan? What can we help you with? It's not enough to want it, you have to DO it. (If it was enough to want it, I would have lost the weight 20 years ago.)

The doing can take lots of different forms, however. And figuring out how to make it work for you can take time...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:32 PM   #13  

Well, I did it. I sent a PM for a name change, so stay tuned. As far as a plan goes, I really haven't got one. Horrible, I know. Basically, I'm simply started out today with eating the way I did on WW. Some of the girls at work that sit by my have those bad bad bad snack size candy bars. I admit I had 1, okay, 4. Other than that, I did fine.

I am facing a problem right now though. I am so used to having a desert, anything sweet really, after a meal. It's well after dinner, I want something sweet!!! I have some yogurt in the fridge...that's what I'll have.

I'm trying to focus on one day at a time. The big picture scares and intimidates me. Any complicated diet plan will not work for me. I tend to get overwhelmed. It has to be simple, and affordable. That's way I'm leaning to WW. I can't afford to join up, but at least I can try to follow.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday
Old 11-21-2006, 02:33 PM   #14  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Sounds like you are on the right track!!

I just wanted to pop in and say

It's great to have you...and you CAN do this

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:22 PM   #15  
300+ Chick

Good luck tomuchto loose...You can do it! That is wonderful you are taking walks with your daughter..So much easier on having a exercise partner.Looking forward on hearing you lighter..
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote