Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default Why am I doing this?

I have lost 60+ pounds since 1/1/06 (okay, well at least I did, I am up a bit now). But the last month or so (since it started getting cold). I am eating poorly (back to bad choices, like I used to before I started) and eating a lot of sweets (which is so not me, I am not normally a big sweet eater), late night eating.

Am I nesting? Am I like a bear and getting ready to hibernate--I do live in Minnesota--am I increasing my fat storage so I can hibernate?? What the **** is going on? I have no one here to make me accountable or keep me on track as it is hunting season here and my DH is gone all the time. Weekends are the worst. I have not been to the gym in over a month either (that is partly due to a new puppy in the house). God help me, what the **** is going on with me?

Obviously, I know what needs to be done, I just choose not to. But WHY?? I can't figure it out.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:04 PM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I am the queen of self sabotage...it takes real effort to get over that ...good luck honey
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Oh Cheryl, take a deep breath, breathe, breathe, breathe....

Maybe you are hybernating, yadda, yadda, yadda, but hey if you do that you will gain all that wonderful weight that you worked so hard to lose, back. We all know you don't want that.

Make new habits, grab the bull my the horns and get out and walk your dog... Why should your dog keep you INSIDE the pup needs a walk and fresh air too....

Start journaling, go back a few months and see what you did right then and do it again... I too don't have anyone to be accountable to, only this site, so maybe joining a challenge would work for you...

Hang in there, this too shall pass
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:36 PM   #4  

Thumbs up

take your puppy to training class's and get out of the house. Put your puppy in the bathroom with a rug and a chew toy and go to the gym, you WILL feel good when you get there. Get yourself a nice new warm jacket and a hat and get out there. 60 llbs that's brilliant !!!!

I believe that every now and then you may want to slide backwards, but that would be so sad after all your wonderful efforts .

Change the can't do's to doing and post back here what you have done for you today to change the situation.

you first and EVERYTHING else second
kiwichic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Winter is rough. Any of us in cold climates can totally get that. Try shifting your focus from weight loss to maintenance. That would still be success during the winter in my mind! Great work with all you've done so far!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I know what you mean about wondering what "that person" is doing back! I have been doing some mindless snacking this week -- something that the OLD me was very familiar with, but not this NEW me!

A is for accountability. Write everything done. Your body knows you ate it, you might as well admit it.

B is for... you don't have to BE perfect. If you need to give yourself a little bit of a break, then that's okay. Just don't forget A.

And C is for cravings. If you do give in to a craving once doesn't mean you have to again. Every new meal is a new chance to get it right.

D is for DO It. Find a plan that works for you now (even if that means maintaining a bit) and do it...

Sorry if that got a little goofy. I'm a little punchy.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:03 PM   #7  
a brave new me...

Well there could be any number of reasons why you are making bad choices and self-sabotaging. In the process of trying to figure out the "why" I would also focus on intentionall asserting your will over your emotions, i.e. start forcing yourself to do the things you don't want to do. When you want to veg out on the couch, choose to walk around the block. When you want to order pizza, choose a healthy meal. Tackle this one choice at a time. If we only follow our program when we feel motivated or positive, then we are going to fail over the long term. Its finding the discipline and will within to make the right choices when every cell in our body is yelling NO. Pay special attention to that "NO" internal dialogue and you will probably be able to figure out the "why" as well.

Please know that you are worth the hard work and sacrifice of eating healthy, exercising, measuring portions, counting calories, tracking food intake, drinking water, weighing in, etc. etc.! These are sacrificial choices and commitments that we have to make every day, ever exercise, every meal, every bite and we are worth it!
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #8  
mostly harmless

Just tell yourself you have plenty stored up for winter, and that you don't need to gain another ounce. Not one. Even if there's a major famine, you are SET! Drill it into your subconscious somehow, until your subconscious lets up with the instinctual , "ACKK!! It's almost winter!!! WE ARE GOING TO STARVVVVVVVVVVE!"

I went through this at the first sign of fall crispness in the air. After I convinced my subconscious that there wasn't an emergency- it quit giving me munchy attacks.

Subconscious-nesses communicate in odd ways: dreams, aches, pains, and hunger attacks. If you can just figure out the message, the subconscious generally lets up on the intensity.

At least it seems that way to me.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Plan what you are going to eat. Go to the grocery store and only get the things you are going to eat this week. Get rid of all the junk in your house, car, office. Stay on plan for one week, reward yourself with something nice and not food related. Repeat.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote